Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you competed your Sims 4 collection?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Yes I have all the packs I want, but not every pack released
    I do believe I misread the options. I have all the packs that I want (that are already released) and I look forward, hopeful of what may be coming in the future.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes I have all the packs released so far
    accidently clicked I had all the pack. Forgot I don't have JTB. If it ever goes on 50% off I might consider purchasing it.

I did not count kits. Which I am missing quite a few of.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No, I do not have all the packs I want, but I do not want every pack released
    I have everything that I want in my game at the moment. I'm thinking about getting Discover University, Cottage Living, Journey to Batuu, and (maybe) Dream Home Decorator at some point. Blooming Rooms is another maybe because I like plants but I don't like a lot of clutter in my Sim's homes.

I don't plan to ever buy Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Bust the Dust, Throwback Fit, Courtyard Oasis, Fashion Street, or Modern Menswear.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    The title looked like anyone has completed all type of collections like crystals, gardening in all packs..etc…😅
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    There are packs I still want, but I have most of them for now.
    The problem is that I don't want everything either, especially the kits, although I do own two fashion kits.
    There are some stuff packs I don't want either.
    Ironically, with sales, I was able to get the last two packs I want, and ended getting some packs that I was originally leaning no on. I still plan to get the kits or stuff packs I don't want though.
    Also, bought some set bundle packs on sale that came with stuff packs already included, and if they weren't attached to the bundle itself, I wouldn't have gotten them.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    The only kit I’m missing that I want is the plant kit (the only reason I haven’t actually gotten it because I keep forgetting to open up Origin). I’ll probably get it once the builders whose lots I download start using it. I don’t intend to by the fitness kit or the menswear kit, as I probably won’t use enough of the assets to be worth it. I have everything else, with no regrets to this point (except maybe Bust the Dust - somehow that got uninstalled and I haven’t bothered to add it back in, but it was cute before the glitches got to be too much). I got everything last summer during lockdown while waiting out a furlough, so I figure I got my money’s worth out of the game.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Every pack, minus JtB and the kits. Since I dont support kits or consider JtB part of the Sims 4 universe, I feel complete! Plus I can count on one hand how many packs Ive paid full price for, so my wallet is pretty happy at the money saved. :D
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    I bought quite a few packs on sale, and there are a few I'm still eye-ing.

Paranormal I mostly want for Bonehilda + CAS/BB. Seances are cool and the haunted mansion idea is great but the ghosts are a little too...cartoonish for my tastes. I want more serious/creepy ghosts or just sim ghosts that haunt the house and have their own designated backstory/name/etc for lore speculation (Olive Spector's garden, Goth household cemetery, nearly all cemeteries/graveyards in Sims 3).

Snowy Escape: I think it'd be good to have at half off. I don't know how much I'd use the Mt. Komorabi town but it could make a fun destination spot.

Journey to Batuu - Not crazy about the Star Wars brand in particular and the fact the aliens are just masks were major cons for me but the scifi CAS/BB is GREAT and I'd love to have it for more scifi builds or apocalyptic builds.

My First Pet - Controversy aside, I'm really not interested in much of the CAS/BB (I don't play with pets much) but the hamster/rodent sounds like a cute little mini pet to have on the side. But mostly, I just want it for the rabid rodent death. That one is HILARIOUS.

Tiny Living - CAS/BB is fine but nothing stands out too much. Not really interested in murphy beds.

Interested in some of the CAS/BB kits (Indian/South Asian, Korean, Modern Menswear, and the plant one) but I'll wait on those. I got the fitness one cause of the 90s fashion influence and I'd like to have some more decades-centric clothes. I hope they do decades fashion packs/kits at some point.

I'm not gonna buy things I don't want or won't use, so I don't plan to buy them all. Coincidentally, I do have a lot of them already but not for completion's sake but simply because it had something I liked. Ever since Island Living, I make sure to never buy packs at full price anymore (especially expansion packs). I regret buying so much at such an overblown price. The content itself is fine but is rarely worth the asking price imo. There are some exceptions, but very few (Parenthood, Vampires). Cottage Living was pretty close and a great pack but I still think it should've been a gamepack.
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    I have all the EPs, just bought Eco living a few days ago. I have all the GPs except for batuu, strangerville, jungle adventure and dine out as I don't think I'll ever use them. Of those, jungle adventure is the only one I'm considering. I have maybe half of the stuff packs, but I don't really feel like I want any of them. I have all the ones that actually have gameplay, except for movie hangout. That one is kind of unnecessary, but it came with a bundle. The only kit I've considered is the dust one, but not until you can get rid of the dust bunnies and sparkles and over the top moodlets. I just want the dust for more chores.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I have everything else but Modern Menswear Kit. I may still get it later, but I don't have use for it right now.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have every expansion pack except GTW, DU and IL. I do desire to get GTW, however, I heard it's buggy and I don't want to risk it. Discover University, I heard it's stressful and I'm already in a lot of stress regarding school and IL - I'm not 100% sure. Probably not due to how lacking the content is, however, I found it for cheap somewhere, so...

Regarding game packs, I will not get Journey to Batuu, I don't care about Star Wars. Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day seem like neat choices, but I don't know how much I'm willing to use them. I don't travel a whole lot with my Sims, so OR would be useless. And the latter - I thought of getting it just to relax myself and be able to cope, but hmm... mixed thoughts. If Dine Out is getting a refresh (fixed bugs) I'll be the first one to buy it. I'll pretend I have DHD by playing the interior designer career in Ambitions and Jungle Adventure from what I saw feels like StrangerVille to me, except it's not story-based but it still feels like. a one-time thing. A lack of replayability. WA has been done dirty.

Stuff packs... I use my only stuff packs frequently (Knitting, Moschino, Paranormal), so... I don't know whether I'd get use out of the others or not. I'll note down how much likely I am to get use out of them. Ranking from what I would get use out of the most to what is useless.

:) = Useful
    :/ = Would be useful if they weren't separate packs / had been in the base game
    :| = I can do that with Get Together or base game. Or I can download CC.
    :s = I'm sorry, but it's not justifiable. Delete.

:) Bowling Night - Actually, I would see myself using this with GT. It's not a bad idea at all. But am I desperate to buy it? Not really, but it's a cool idea. How much am I willing to use it? Maybe for families going out or friends doing it. I know this has been included in University Life (which I have), but yah. I'm not sure if there's a bowling lot type or not.
    :) Romantic Garden - Honestly, I wouldn't be bothered to get this for Valentine's Day. The Wishing Well is much more developed than in the previous games and the male CAS items are chef's kiss.
    :) Laundry Day - The ability to do laundry and the traditional BB items... not bad at all. Gives my Sims mundane tasks to do. I'm not desperate to get it, since Ambitions has laundry too.
    :/ Spooky Stuff - Should've been in Seasons yas. Ok, but for real, knowing myself, I wouldn't use this a lot outside Halloween. On the other hand, I can see how useful it can be thanks to the previous comment.
    :/ My First Pet - Should've been in C&D. I've played around with it's features in The Sims 3 and they're not bad, but I shouldn't buy another DLC just to experience the entire pet experience. Furthermore, I don't use cats & dogs all that often. I see this pack being useful for someone who uses C&D a lot.
    :/ Kids Room + Toddler Stuff - I don't really play with kids and toddlers, so pass.
    :/ Cool Kitchen - Who'd pay just to get ice cream in the game? I mean it's a neat feature and the BB items can be used as decorative items while building a kitchen and we need more of that, but oh well.
    :| Movie Hangout - Ah yes, just use Get Together and use the large Get Famous TV and pretend they're watching a movie! Solved! Although it has Boho CAS items, I'm not one to use Boho clothes/outfits on my Sims.
    :| Vintage Glamour - Only a butler. Yet again, Get Together comes into clutch. I also heard the butler is doing anything else but their job and it's buggy. But the Vintage era?! I'm interested.
    :| Tiny Living - I can build tiny homes myself and the only thing that comes out of it is the fact I can build skills faster in a tiny home, that's it.
    :| Luxury Party - The aesthetic is neat, but the BB items are lacking. CAS items, I haven't checked.
    :s Fitness - I have Snowy Escape and the climbing wall thing... is that the only unique thing about this pack? Also, fitness doesn't appeal to me.
    :s Backyard - A water slide. A literal water slide. I'm going to use Generations for this one, sorry.
    :s Perfect Patio - More like Useless Patio.

The only kit I'd have bought is Bust The Dust... well, more like Bust The Kit because I have seen Simmers complaining about how buggy it is and how fast the dust levels up, and I don't want my entire Simming experience be cleaning the dust. So this is another pass. The rest of the kits... is it really worth it to spend money on some clothes and BB items? Really? Bruh.
    Post edited by sulfurstyless on
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I got Cottage Living in the winter sale, so now I have all the packs I want and I'm happy with my collection :smile: Spooky stuff and Backyard stuff are on my wishlist, but I won't buy them until they are -50% and maybe not even then, because I'm unsure whether I really need them. Still when I look at the packs I'm still missing they are the ones I might buy.

I have decided not to buy GtW, Batuu, DHD and some other stuff packs and kits, because I don't like them enough. For example, GtW has aliens and I'd like to have aliens in my game, but then again I'm not quite sure. Baking skill, prisons, some new clothes and tattoos could be nice too, but I don't want the diseases, some of the clothes or Magnolia Promenade in my game and the jobs and retail don't interest me much either. Batuu has gambling, some very nice clothes & items and I like the Strangerville story a lot, so I might like Batuu too? But I'm not interested in Star Wars, so it feels kind of wrong to buy the pack and play it. If it was more like just a general scifi pack I might have bought it, but now it feels too restricting and there's too much content that I'm not interested in.

I reconsider buying the packs I still don't have sometimes when I'm bored or when I get excited about something in them, but I haven't changed my mind about these packs for a year or so, so I doubt I'll get them.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited January 2022
    My last holdouts were Luxury Party, My First Pet, Spooky, and Modern Menswear. But this past week, I decided to complete my collection (to date) while the stuff packs were on sale. As for the Menswear Kit, some of the outfits I really like, a few not so much. I find useful things in every pack though.

I also had reservations about Eco Lifestyle but tried it when they offered a free trial. I discovered I enjoyed the game play and several items in the pack. I had more control over the NAPS than I thought I would too. So, I bought that on sale awhile back as well.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2022
    No I do not have every pack released although I want them all
    Yes & no. I have all of the packs that I really want, but I’d really like to have them all, lol.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    There's only a few things I'm mostly ignoring in terms of "completion." Journey to Batuu, (deal with specific Star Wars things I have zero interest in) and quite a lot of the kits. Otherwise, it's just a matter of waiting for sales for things I want. Next is...Cottage Living with the Country Kitchens kit as well. Unless the upcoming romance pack peaks my attention...
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No I do not have every pack released although I want them all
    I have everything but the menswear kit, which honestly I’m not super excited about but will probably buy when the new GP is released just because the completionist in me will insist upon it and no matter how much I try to ignore her, she’s going to win…she always wins. 😕
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    ...the completionist in me will insist upon it and no matter how much I try to ignore her, she’s going to win…she always wins. 😕
    @Pamtastic72 Exactly! :D Same thing happened to me with Sims 3 too. 🙄
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    There is no force in existence that will get me to buy Journey To Baatu.

I thought that too but I really like the CAS and build stuff from the pack
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    I have all of the packs except for the kits. I don't care about really any of them as I don't see them worth the money. If there was a kit for say werewolves, fairies, or genies then I would get them.

I am at the same place with kits, though I'm hesitant to get them as I don't feel as though they would be as fleshed out as we would all like them to be...
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No the packs I have no interest in are the kits of bust the dust and the fitness one (can’t remember it’s name) all other packs I have use for
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    I have everything except for the packs and Batuu. I nearly bought Batuu at one point because I wanted that curved bar, but after looking at everything else in the pack I decided against it. Similarly, I nearly bought the Country Kitchen kit, but there is already such good CC that is very similar...
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I've always been very selective about which packs I get and have only what appeals to me.
    I have Get Together, Seasons, Island Living, Discover Univeristy, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Bowling, and Backyard Stuff. I want Get To Work and I'm not sure about City Living.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I have the majority of packs but left out the ones I really didn't want or wouldn't use at all, like Parenthood and DHD and some kits.
    #Team Occult
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    I am mostly happy with my current collection. I own 30 packs (9 EP, 8 GP, 12 SP, 1 FP, 0 Kits). Of the remaining packs that I do not own, I would eventually like to get the remaining EPs. However, I am waiting for certain bugs to be fixed. Specifically, Eco Lifestyle (Freelance Crafter & the Juice Fizzer glitches) & Cottage Living (the Rocket Building & Multiple Agnes/Agatha glitches). I would also like to purchase the Nifty Knitting & Paranormal SPs if there is another 50% off sale and/or as part of a bundle with the aforementioned EPs. I have no strong desire to own the rest.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I'm lucky enough to have all the add on's I want, but there are a fair few I wasn't interested in. The only EP I don't have is Eco Lifestyle, I don't have the Strangerville or JTB GP's, I only have about two thirds of the stuff packs and none of the kits. They just didn't interest me unfortunatley.