Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios: LTO Y or N?

This is for the folks who actually play, have played, or intend on playing the Scenarios.

Let's see if we can get a better picture of the Sims 4 community's feelings about limited-time scenarios.

Do you like scenarios being available for a limited time only or do you prefer them to be available all the time once they've been released?

Scenarios: LTO Y or N? 93 votes

Like them.
4%
Frn0731TeeSeaHandelDragonmasterleo 4 votes
Dislike them.
54%
SimCrazyCK213Kita5399alexspoom13SikoahGracePlayerSinger2010MelisendreelanorbretonncisGibbs02friendlysimmersMindofyKhrisstyneHarukotyanhalloweenchildSweetieWright_84Leccasnoepjes1210fiercephoenix91sof210683bienchen 51 votes
Beige. Meh. I don't know. Maybe, but. Other unecessarily complicated answer to a simple question. ;)
29%
Akl500PBluegaylejulienrob2004StormkeepTheSpotted_CIsb917invisiblgirlsimgirl1010mildredalienFlashMarkerbarracuda1574catloverplayergreydonnKironidekeene61SheriSim57ThriorHopeyStarrjoRN1414Peral 27 votes
What's her face, the one Colton always puts in here.
11%
xoJessimcruddAnmirlaphantasmkissBabykittyjadeDaraviEmmaVaneFlaplogionRouensimsKimmer 11 votes

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Dislike them.
    I haven't actually played them yet, but I have a save file dedicated for them all. I do intend to play them eventually but I'm enjoying my current save. I usually make the sim for each Scenario and place them in my save so I can play them when I get around to it.

As for them being limited time, I'm not a fan of anything with a time limit. That being said, I understand if they were all still available that would (or could) become a performance problem in the future. Of course, I'm not too tech savvy so I really don't know if that's even a issue, just an assumption.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Beige. Meh. I don't know. Maybe, but. Other unecessarily complicated answer to a simple question. ;)
    I like the idea but I don't find these particular scenarios interesting so far. I want weirder scenarios, things that wouldn't or wouldn't often come up in normal gameplay.
    gen3-banner.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Dislike them.
    I like the idea but I don't find these particular scenarios interesting so far. I want weirder scenarios, things that wouldn't or wouldn't often come up in normal gameplay.

I'm def up for weirder or occult scenarios. :)
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Justine Keaton <3
    Dislike them.
    Flap wrote: »
    Justine Keaton <3

Yeah, her. Who is she? lol
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    This is for the folks who actually play, have played, or intend on playing the Scenarios.

Let's see if we can get a better picture of the Sims 4 community's feelings about limited-time scenarios.

Do you like scenarios being available for a limited time only or do you prefer them to be available all the time once they've been released?

I guess I can't vote "officially" because I don't know if I intend to play them at some point. If they ever come up with something that grabs my interest, I might give it a go, but so far that hasn't happened. However, I despise time-limited events in single player games (and most other kinds of games, for that matter), so that would be a no for me on these, too.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Dislike them.
    Justine Keaton <3

She's some Sim in Sims 3. It's REALLY creepy that Colton seems to be obsessed with her....
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    Dislike them.
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I guess I can't vote "officially" because I don't know if I intend to play them at some point. If they ever come up with something that grabs my interest, I might give it a go, but so far that hasn't happened. However, I despise time-limited events in single player games (and most other kinds of games, for that matter), so that would be a no for me on these, too.

I get you. I agree.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I use a mod that makes it so they are available all the time, which I installed before I ever saw any scenarios (I delay game updates).

So .... I think I don't like limited time availability for them, but can't say for sure because I've never actually experienced it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    My work around is to start the scenario then play at my leisure.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    So far I am only doing the money scenario. Cliff note version is that once you buy a house, your money goes to zero.
    This one has been pretty entertaining so far. I sent my Sim so actually start making money, but she ended up getting with Clement Frost, they for married, and have a daughter now. I am now a bit less than halfway with it.
    All the scenarios don't really appeal to me, except the money one, and so far it has not gone exactly how I planned it, but the results at the moment are hilarious.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I start them and then save for later if I don't want to play right at the start. Useful for me as "new" neighbours to my hoods that will have their own stories all set up.

So I don't love them but I don't dislike them. Justine was my second choice.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm not opposed to scenarios because I think there's potential with the system BUT they are squandering it with silly choices (time limited ones) and lack of innovation. I don't feel like they add challenge, consequence and drama/humor in the way they could/should.
    These scenarios are so basic that one could ask what's even the point? IMO they should be bolder and "weirder" with them, use them as a way to introduce interesting ways to play the game.
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    Like them.
    I like that most of the scenarios are limited time only, It adds a little variety to the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Only if it's holiday scenerios then yes limited is ok but for everything else I don't want it to be limited.
    Dislike them.
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    So far I am only doing the money scenario. Cliff note version is that once you buy a house, your money goes to zero.
    This one has been pretty entertaining so far. I sent my Sim so actually start making money, but she ended up getting with Clement Frost, they for married, and have a daughter now. I am now a bit less than halfway with it.
    All the scenarios don't really appeal to me, except the money one, and so far it has not gone exactly how I planned it, but the results at the moment are hilarious.

Whenever I've had Clement Frost in my game as an active sim my game was a lot of fun too. He's a great sim to play. I think Baako took over for Clement when he married my sim and had to leave the Father Winter gig.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I haven't actually played them yet, but I have a save file dedicated for them all. I do intend to play them eventually but I'm enjoying my current save. I usually make the sim for each Scenario and place them in my save so I can play them when I get around to it.

As for them being limited time, I'm not a fan of anything with a time limit. That being said, I understand if they were all still available that would (or could) become a performance problem in the future. Of course, I'm not too tech savvy so I really don't know if that's even a issue, just an assumption.

This is what I was thinking as well. I know we all hate them limited but a lot if players already complain of lag. And everyone is working with a different gaming system. If it will turn into a performance issue I would rather they remain time limited.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Let have them for those of the platers who enjoy scenarios.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    They wouldn't cause a performance problem; what options are available at the menu before you start or load a game have literally no impact on the game itself once you are in and playing.

Consider the gallery, there are tens of thousands of households, sims and lots available to you with the click of a button while you are playing. if something as minor as a few scenario options at the main game menu would lead to performance problems then that gallery should cause your computers to explode.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    Dislike them.
    I don't like anything being time limited because it creates fake urgency and fear of missing out
    and makes it so everyone can't play with whatever is time limited
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2022
    Dislike them.
    Justine Keaton <3

She's some Sim in Sims 3. It's REALLY creepy that Colton seems to be obsessed with her....

Once she swam in the sea endlessly, It was amazing.
    Ivj2VBZ.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2022
    Dislike them.
    No problem with scenarios as an idea. I also quite like the little story thing when you create a new sim.

But this creation of artificial digital scarcity that seems to be the new way of squeezing more pennies out of people who play games really, really makes me angry. NFTs next - I confidently predict they are riding to our game soon.

Time sensitivity makes sense with a live event involving human beings - turning access on and off to some digital assets in a single player game is not a live event.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Dislike them.
    My work around is to start the scenario then play at my leisure.

It’s a definite no from me. My play times vary depending on my work and availability and mood. I want to come to the game after a month or two of not playing at all and still have the opportunity to enjoy the new stuff.

The @simgirl1010 ’s workaround is a good quick fix, but doesn’t work for me, as I would need to keep up with the sims news and then open the game to start a scenario, just so that I can play with it later, even through I can’t or don’t want to play at that moment. It’s a hustle. I wish they would just make them all available without the restriction.

However, it’s possible they are just testing that feature still and that’s why they do the limit, to get an idea in what players want from Scenarios. We’ll see.

So far the only one I missed was the Holiday one, I didn’t open the game within the timeframe. The others I either finished or have them started and waiting for me to rotate to them eventually.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Dislike them.
    I have a special place of dislike for timed holiday events.

So what if I want my sims to have their versions of Christmas, Valentine's Day, Whatever on some random Tues afternoon in April.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Like them.
    I like them fine enough but so far I'm mostly picking up the ones that start out with sentiments and relationships and sets up, well, a scenario. I think it adds a nice little seasonal flair as well.

Recent one is one that I can very quickly do over gameplay so it didn't quite interest me but hey.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!