Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop emotional deaths!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arletaarleta Posts: 54 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
My Sims keep dying. Literally dying especially those with hot headed trait. My sim keeps getting angry and drops dead or playful sim just keep getting hysterical and dropping dead. For heavens sake I can’t play at all. Stop this nonsense. Most people don’t notice because they make boring vanilla Sims but I like to have some crazy ones which I can’t because they keep dying. Erratic sim died on me once from hysteria and after reloading the game from anger. How can I play if my hot headed angry sim can’t be angry because they drop dead? Where is room for fun in this game. I want my hot headed evil grumpy sim to be angry. I want my playful to be hilarious and not kill their audience. You are literally killing gameplay. Not only did this game create these vanilla happy robots they are preventing me with these emotional deaths from trying to play this game with a bit more flare. I don’t want to fix the mood of my hot headed sim or my erratic sim I want them to feel the way they feel with the few options I’m allowed and not be punished for not being a clone. Erratic sim can’t be erratic. Can you add a button to disable emotional deaths. I find them unrealistic to begin with and now they have made my game unplayable. My sim keep dying. I can’t save more then 30 min of game play and then someone kicks the bucket because of absurd nonsense. The humor festival is more of a death trap. STOP EMOTIONAL DEATHS!!!!!
Post edited by arleta on

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    It sounds like you model your Sims after your own temperament, and I respect that.

Hopefully there'll be some solution, but my workaround would be adding their ghosts back to the household. What is dead may never die!
  • arletaarleta Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don’t like supernatural game play so that will not work for me. I appreciate the suggestion. I like my sim to feel what they want not be limited by a stupid game design. If I can turn of naps (which I did), dust (which I did) I should be allowed to turn off deaths that constantly limit and hinder game play. I mean if the threshold would be extremely high but my Sims are dropping like flies. I like my grumpy sim to be angry that what Is what I made him for. Go my angry little gnome, let the chaos begin. Make sure you start some fights. Rage rage … oh he can’t even have fun because he’s dead. Why have a hot headed sim if they can’t get angry? Why have a playful sim if they can’t laugh? Who’s idea was this nonsense? Seriously Sims only are safe when they stare at paintings, forget allowing them a personality even with the limited, bare bones options the Sims 4 game gave us.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    If you're not adverse to using mods there are a couple of stand alone mods to prevent emotional death and also a setting in MCCC.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited January 2022
    That can be a shock and a disappointment for sure. You could turn off aging and prevent deaths, you can find the toggle in the game menu settings. This method does not require mods.
  • arletaarleta Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would love to use mccc but I use mods that conflict with it. I believe mods are the only thing that save this game. But then you can add traits to make your sim really interesting but then the EA platform will kill them in an emotional death …:/ mccc is the only mod I heard that does it. I tried one from mts but my sim died anyway. I like my sim on the spicy side and don’t like to tell them that they should relax.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Funny, I would want a death for all emotions or none. If you can laugh yourself to death, why can't you die from fright? Or boredom?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It sounds like you model your Sims after your own temperament, and I respect that.

Hopefully there'll be some solution, but my workaround would be adding their ghosts back to the household. What is dead may never die!

Ahem, in defense of the OP, one does not need to be hot headed or 'erratic' to enjoy excitement with extreme personalities in the game. If TV shows are any indication, if that were true, most people are serial killers looking for a place to happen. Just wanted to clarify that liking high drama doesn't make the OP what their sims are.

OP you said it well and I agree 100%
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yeah, I like hot-headed Sims as well and it's more fun to let them stomp around and be angry than have to calm them down just because the game seems to always want Sims in a happy state. Or worse, they sometimes autonomously go to calm themselves down and come back not angry at all anymore. We already have fewer "negative" emotional states than "positive" ones, but we're not even allowed to explore them without being cut off when they start to get interesting. Why have emotions be the main focus of the Sims in the first place if the player is going to be limited into using only the positive ones?
    #Team Occult
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I gave my hot headed sim the knitting hobby to calm her down. Counting stitches should be therapeutic and mind focusing, I make her knit whenever she's angry and sometimes I imagine she might stab someone with the needles. :lol:
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Heck no!!! Don't nerf another feature in the game. Just learn how to play those traits. When they get overwhelming emotions, learn the interactions to settle them down a bit. (Example: Hysterical - Go to the mirror and Try to Calm Down) and have them do that til the moodlet is gone. Also, keep in mind your Lot Traits and items that enhance mood. The little collectable figurines will give off strong Playful Moodlet Buffs and other items have a similar effect. I just wish people didn't immediately jump to gameplay being nerfed instead of playing the traits to their strengths.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I really don't like the death by Hilarious, it's so dum. :s
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    the too angry would be understandable, especially if they're older. but the too hilarious emotion death is ridiculous lol
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited January 2022
    and they can't stop them, since some players like them. the only thing they can do is like nerf them/fix them.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @arleta

I predict it has to do with how you play. Personally, I find emotional deaths are difficult to achieve. But, I also do not play in a way for my sims to be playful or angry unless I want the death.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    That's interesting; I've never had a Sim die from being Enraged or Mortified. And I only got a Sim to die of Hysteria after multiple tries; I had to feed him a Happy Potion and then get him Playful. As Tequila Rose mentioned, there are actions you can perform that will cool down your Sims. Those usually work.

I'm sorry this is making the game difficult for you. I hope you find a solution!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like emotional deaths and there very hard to get it may be the mods your using if so there are mods too turn off death by emotion
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Surprised Sims can't die from Boredom, dying from boredom is literally an expression that people still use.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Surprised Sims can't die from Boredom, dying from boredom is literally an expression that people still use.

So is "dying from embarrassment" and "die laughing" and both of those are in the game, so 🤔 maybe they should go all in and add dying of boredom. I personally would rather the silly emotion deaths weren't a thing, and shunt accidental deaths into things that are actually possible, but that's me.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I rarely get emotional deaths in my game like extremely rare, you must be lucky (or unlucky on your part) to get that, I would smile if that were to happen more often in my game, my game is boring as **** when it comes to drama lama, so I have to force things to happen, still rarely death happen thus I use mods to make fun happen.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2022
    Have you already tried this mod to disable emotional deaths, @arleta?
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-emotional-54701196
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Then there's a cheat code I can suggest.
    death.toggle off

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd rather they not nerf yet another funny, quirky thing about this game. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm now making sure my sims have the Focused Potions & Inspired Potions to help them not die by hilarious. It seems when they drink the potions they calm down.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I've never had an emotional death in my game. I didn't realize aging off disabled this feature but that must be why. I do get the warnings that their emotions are dangerously high though. I usually bring them down a bit, but not a single one has actually died from laughing or anger. **knocks on wood**
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I hate emotional deaths too. I've turned them off in MCC. For the sake of those who like them though, I don't want them removed, just an option to turn them off.