Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forget the high chairs then......

2...Next

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    With mods the High Chairs are usable, without mods they are very frustrating to use.

I think the one I'm using is the "less autonomous check on toddler" from bienchen. That makes it so much easier to take care of toddlers overall in the game.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    You don't have to put the food on the floor. Leave it on the kitchen counter or even on a table. The Toddlers have a miraculous ability to reach.

I can confirm this. In a maximum wall height house, a toddler managed to grab food from a shelf (About 4 or 5 meters up?) that someone autonomously left on a shelf that was barely below the ceiling. :D

(This is why I love autonomy on most of the time, notice some interesting and amusing things that wouldn't otherwise) ;)

Stormkeep wrote: »
    Speaking of toddlers and their miraculous ability to reach, yesterday while playing I saw one of my child sims put down a little step stool to get something off of a counter. Is that something new or is it just something I've somehow missed noticing before?

Interesting, I've never seen that before. Maybe it is something new. I'll watch for it.

Not only can they get food from high counters, they've put the empty dishes on top of the tall desks (and other places - sometimes, I've truly had to scour the house for their dishes).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

Not only can they get food from high counters, they've put the empty dishes on top of the tall desks (and other places - sometimes, I've truly had to scour the house for their dishes).

LOL, it's kind of crazy the places sims put down dirty dishes and mugs. Not just toddlers, all of the sims do it!
    If you're interested, there's a mod that keeps them from putting the dirty dishes in places they won't be able to reach on their own when you tell them to clean up, if you weren't aware of it. Available here and named putdowntweak.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

LOL, it's kind of crazy the places sims put down dirty dishes and mugs. Not just toddlers, all of the sims do it!
    If you're interested, there's a mod that keeps them from putting the dirty dishes in places they won't be able to reach on their own when you tell them to clean up, if you weren't aware of it. Available here and named putdowntweak.

Thanks for posting that. I have a kitchen setup behind some half walls and they put their dirty dish on it and can't pick it up again - drives me nuts.

Thank god for mod makers
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Speaking of toddlers and their miraculous ability to reach, yesterday while playing I saw one of my child sims put down a little step stool to get something off of a counter. Is that something new or is it just something I've somehow missed noticing before?

No, seems to me I've seen my child Sims do that all along.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

I’ve seen one of my child sims doing that. I think that’s always been around, but my child sims don’t usually need to do it much.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    What I normally do now is I make the other parent go and do something so they don't interfere with the toddler. This usually works although with several clicks.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I like to use armchairs that are similar in design to a dining chair and I will place it at the end of the table with a little space between. Then when the toddler grabs his or her serving and sits there it looks a little like they are joining the rest of the family at the dining table. They just need a booster cushion 😉
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    High chairs drive me up the wall in this game. I have autonomy off, but the high chair is the single most resistant objects against that. I had to use a high chair for a story scene today and the thing was kind enough to remind me again why I hate it:

Put toddler into high chair - toddler will throw a tantrum after a while and a nearby sim will take them out of it, disregarding the still ongoing family meal situation in addition to disregarding my free will settings
    Give toddler food in chair - toddler might start playing with it and then a nearby parent will autonomously scold them (not cute)
    Try to use the "grab serving for [toddler]" - the sim will complain about routing, in the end the foods to get dragged over there manually

In actual gameplay I do the same as @elanorbreton , only not with dining chair looking seating, but the many cute cushions and teddy bear armchairs that are in the game.