Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Favorite Kit?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Blooming Rooms
    I vote to put @83bienchen in charge of all future kit development.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Bust The Dust
    Simply because it's the only gameplay kit and gameplay is everything to me.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Bust The Dust
    I love gameplay and need more of it.
    I have a lot of fun with Bust the Dust but there is one thing that bothers me which is almost every room a sim walks into, they stop to sniff the air. I can ignore it but I wish those types of animations didn't exist. It's really not needed, imo.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Blooming Rooms
    It's a toss up between Blooming Rooms and Fashion Street for me.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Country Kitchen
    I've always been a fan of country styled kitchens, so this kit was perfect for my gameplay! Especially with 'Cottage Living'.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Courtyard Oasis
    So glad to see some love for Country Kitchen and Blooming Rooms, too! 🤗👍

I currently have Country Kitchen, because of course, I must have more country stuff that goes well with Cottage Living (and other packs/worlds). 🙂

I really want to get Blooming one someday. I love seeing so much of the pretty plants! 🙂🪴👍 It would complement the Cottage Living, Seasons, and Romantic Garden, etc packs.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Industrial Loft
    I play a vanilla game and really loved a few packs. I really loved industrial loft, country kitchen, and blooming rooms. I own all the packs, but those get a lot of use from me. I also thought courtyard Oasis was nice, but just haven’t much used it yet. I was disappointed in bust the the dust, as I was hoping that you could choose the households you wanted to vacuum, just like the laundry pack, and i didn’t like vacation and commercial lots having to be vacuumed. I enjoyed the clothing packs too, but just not as much as the build packs I listed.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited January 2022
    Bust The Dust
    Bust the Dust for me, but not because I use the vacuum cleaners. I need dusty old houses for most of my gameplay. The floating dust motes….beautiful.
    I do have a mod that only makes those little dust bunnies spawn after a very (nsfw) specific trigger…and the sniffing needs to be fixed for sure. But I’m glad that kit is part of my collection. I wonder what the next gameplay kit will offer us.

The build kits are almost just as high on the popularity list, with industrial and country kitchen taking the top spots. The fashion street kit takes a close second, sharing a place with throwback fit.

The modern mens kit thingie…..let’s not go there. It’s the only sims 4 content I do not own, but perhaps one day it’ll inspire me, although I doubt it’s going to be before we get some more traditional & casual dude fashion.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Courtyard Oasis
    Actually, Courtyard Oasis & Fashion Street ties together because they are both of the same theme & the Moroccan is so beautiful. <3
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Bust The Dust
    And Throwback Fit.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    Country Kitchen
    It is so cute! Their clutter is great for deco my kitchen. I love cottage building/fairy tale/cozy style and it fit buildimg perfectly
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like all of the kits that I've gotten. For these, I only pick ones for which most of the content very directly appeals to me and my game. I haven't gotten Blooming Rooms but it's on my list and I probably will get the Menswear one. I do have Fashion Street, Incheon Arrivals, Moroccan Courtyard, Industrial Loft and Country Kitchen. I'd consider Bust The Dust if I could switch it off because I'd only use it on certain households.

Honestly, I think it's fine for these concepts to be niche rather than just trying to placate everyone (including me for some of them). I like customizing the houses and I vary up the clothes of sims a lot. My focus is on story play rather than just dressing them up but I like to customize my characters. Each of those packs have let me do that. If you want to really get into it, I do like warm neutrals as well as being able to update City Living households with modern Indian fashion. Industrial Loft and Country Kitchen both have wide applications to a lot of households. When I get BR, I'm sure I'll like it because it fits my style.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Bust The Dust
    I like bust the dust coz there is actual gameplay involved ok it has has a lot of bugs but the whole of the sims 4 is buggie
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Incheon Arrivals
    I dislike kits, so the only one I own (and was technically a Christmas gift) is the Korean inspired fashion kit mostly because I wanted more Asian inspired outfits for my sims in Mt Komorebi, as I felt like the ones that came with Snowy Escape were a little on the "watered down" side. My only complaint about it is how muted the colours are, but I guess that's the trend in a lot of modern wear in Korea and Japan, also don't like that there's a skit that's kitted for men (FYI, I don't have a problem with men in skirts, but I feel it needs to be for cultural purposes and not "runway chic" but that's just me. Long live punk fashion! *ahem*)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited January 2022
    Bust The Dust
    I use it all of the time, along with my Sims doing the laundry. I make a point of having a Homemaker Sim in my games. I know some prefer to have their mom Sims also carry a full-time job but believe me when I tell you raising children is a full-time job. But, when the wee ones are asleep (or the school age ones are in school), to help pass the time I like to have my Homemaker check the toilets/sinks/tubs for cleaning. She will often check the floors for vacuuming and then tackle the laundry. The larger the household, the more laundry needs doing. I have also discovered it's possible to put two laundry baskets' worth of clothing into the washer. Then I make sure the machine gets started. Whomever empties the dryer also is tasked with cleaning the lint trap, so the machine is ready. One of these Homemakers is also a Proper Star and when she has time, I have her paint which is what catapulted her to celebrity. She even recently won a Starlight Accolade for simply being a Nice Sim. LOL Yes, she is nice. Erratic, but nice all the same.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Blooming Rooms
    I find it interesting how here on the forums the Bust the Dust Kit pretty much won by quite a bit, but in another poll being done on another social media site, where like 7,000 people have voted, it's Bloomin Rooms that's winning by a landslide.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Incheon Arrivals
    Yeah I saw that poll. Blooming Rooms has 33% and Bust The Dust is second with 18%.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Blooming Rooms
    Yeah I saw that poll. Blooming Rooms has 33% and Bust The Dust is second with 18%.

Yep, sort of the inverse of the results for the two here. I just found it to be a fascinating example of how different sites attract people with different viewpoints. And a cautionary example of how it's a bad idea to believe that any polls or discussions online represent actual "public opinion" ...on anything.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Bust The Dust
    Bust The Dust, definitely. I love it, and never have had any issues with it - the roombas are a godsend! And now actually have a use, besides being a cat toy. I have them all, though I haven't used them all yet. Throwback Fit I have, love some of the clothes in there. The rest I may have used pieces of, but not enough to realize I was using a kit! I'll get around to them - though for the love of all that is holy, no more CAS kits for awhile, and more gameplay kits!
  • Options
    Jackiester626Jackiester626 Posts: 5 New Member
    Blooming Rooms
    I just love having different ways to incorporate plants into my builds, and having more to work with
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Bust The Dust
    Aside from its buggy release, I love this kit.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Throwback Fit
    I almost couldn't vote, but then I went with Throwback Fit, because I really like every item. Not for every Sim, the style is very particular. I don't own 'Dust the Bust' because I would not enjoy it, but otherwise I enjoy all the other kits and this would be the order from most favourite to favourite. :smile:

1. Throwback Fit
    2. Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street
    3. Industrial Loft
    4. Modern Menswear
    5. Blooming Rooms
    6. Courtyard Oasis
    7. Country Kitchen
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Incheon Arrivals
    Incheon Arrivals definitely! I just really love everything that came with it and it's all things I know I will make use of in nearly every save I create. I love kits based on different cultural fashion as well and Korean influence was something I was really hoping to see in the game at some point, so I was really glad they thought to include it!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    Courtyard Oasis
    I only have oasis and fashion street though
    dust one interests me but i just don't feel like introducing sparkle sparkles in my game at the moment
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Courtyard Oasis
    I only own 3; this one, Country Kitchen, and Industrial Loft. I like them all equally, but I'm currently building a house using the theme of Courtyard Oasis, so I voted for it.

I'm considering getting Blooming Rooms at some point. I have no interest in any of the CAS ones. My Sims tend to get assigned clothes, then stick with them until they die, so I have more than I ever use.

I like the general idea of Bust the Dust, but from what I've read about it I think it would just end up annoying me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01