Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or Casters?

15678911...Next

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I can't choose between vampires and spellcasters. I love them both.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Elliandre wrote: »

The poll is rigged, there should be a 3rd option for "Vampire Casters".
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Yes, you're right! I want hybrids. In folklore vampires and witches are often closely linked after all.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    @LatinaBunny Vampires have always been able to bite on the neck, but I think it's only if you are not asking for permission. (Mine never ask so I always see them bite on the neck, lol.) When Vampires ask for permission they use the wrist. They also offer their wrist when creating other Vampires but I believe they bite the mortal on the neck first.
    #Team Occult
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    LiELF wrote: »
    @LatinaBunny Vampires have always been able to bite on the neck, but I think it's only if you are not asking for permission. (Mine never ask so I always see them bite on the neck, lol.) When Vampires ask for permission they use the wrist. They also offer their wrist when creating other Vampires but I believe they bite the mortal on the neck first.
    Aww, that’s I don’t see it! I always had my vampires ask permission.

Not asking for permission is seen as a bad thing, right? Like, does it give a negative emotional feeling or debuff?

I wanted my romantic vampires to bite their lovers’ necks, aww! 😩

(Vampires are still great, though!)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Vampires Always Vin

Not asking for permission is seen as a bad thing, right? Like, does it give a negative emotional feeling or debuff?

@LatinaBunny Hmm, I know that drinking deeply without permission does give a relationship hit, but I'm not sure about the small drink. Maybe not as bad? I don't usually pay too much attention, haha. My Vampires are kind of monstrous. >:)
    #Team Occult
    edited January 2022

@LatinaBunny Hmm, I know that drinking deeply without permission does give a relationship hit, but I'm not sure about the small drink. Maybe not as bad? I don't usually pay too much attention, haha. My Vampires are kind of monstrous. >:)

Lol, so like the World of Darkness vamps, hehe! 😁 (Hope you get the reference, hehe.)

Huh, I guess I have some more experimenting to do with the vamps in my families, lol! The things my sims will do for science (and love)! 🙂❤️

I hope small drink doesn’t have too bad of an effect. I would think it’s so more romantic and… intimate for the non-vamp partner to offer up their neck to their vamp lover (and maybe they can do it while making out like in paranormal romance books, mmm).

Yeah, I’m a paranormal romance kind of gal, lol. I’m not a Twilight fan, but I read similar vibes books. 😄

Thanks for letting me know that this animation is in the game, @LiELF ! 🤗👍

Maybe there is a mod that gives it less negative feelings if it’s done with a lover.
    (She/her)
    Vampires Always Vin

Lol, so like the World of Darkness vamps, hehe! 😁 (Hope you get the reference, hehe.)

Huh, I guess I have some more experimenting to do with the vamps in my families, lol! The things my sims will do for science (and love)! 🙂❤️

I hope small drink doesn’t have too bad of an effect. I would think it’s so more romantic and… intimate for the non-vamp partner to offer up their neck to their vamp lover (and maybe they can do it while making out like in paranormal romance books, mmm).

Yeah, I’m a paranormal romance kind of gal, lol. I’m not a Twilight fan, but I read similar vibes books. 😄

Thanks for letting me know that this animation is in the game, @LiELF ! 🤗👍

Maybe there is a mod that gives it less negative feelings if it’s done with a lover.

@LatinaBunny I LOVE World of Darkness!! ❤️❤️❤️

Have fun experimenting and good luck finding your mod! 😊
    #Team Occult
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I see that you're part of the Tremere clan.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    It’s no contest for me—casters.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2022
    Vampires Always Vin
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I had so much fun laughing today over this thread ... we need a picture version :).

How about these?
    EBqowM0.png
    Hmmm... Tasty
    se9gTWx.png
    Wait, could vampires bite on the neck later on in rank, or is that mod thing? I think I remembered being kind of disappointed at the biting on the wrist thing.

It’s been awhile since I played Sims 4 due to schoolwork, and when I did recently play, my recent sims have been mermaids or humans lately, so I can’t remember a few of the vampire aspects.

I still have to play caster, but I remembered enjoying vampires. I was trying to rank to get a daywalker vampire.

I’m the opposite of some of the vampire players here in that I prefer more light-heartedness and more brighter/bolder aesthetics for my own vampires, lol. They would be the domesticated types with mixed families while living in tropical islands or farms, etc, and working like a human.

Just a “human” who sucks blood—I mean, plasma—from their spouse and have super-speed and other little things, lol.

One thing that annoyed me about playing vampires was that it felt like it takes a really long time or lots of grinding to get to the daywalking perk. I remembered getting a bit impatient and annoyed with the grinding, and I still hadn’t gained the daywalker aspect.

I’ll have to play a vampire again and see how long it really takes to get to that rank as I try out the RoM spellcaster alongside the vampire. I’ll be playing a vampire and spellcaster couple to try out the best of both worlds, lol.

You're the same as me. I like bright sim life under the sunshine. So my vampire sims are all going out with no sun problem in day time. It's really easy to rank up in vampire. also I use 'no weakness' mod and it works well. My vampires are all grand masters but they don't have weakness. When your sim turns into vampire first, buy a computer and search for the vampire info on computer. Your vampire sim will be in maybe prime level after completing vampire lore skill. And after that, let your vamp sim keeps searching a vamp info on computer over and over. The sim will quit the searching things with boring moodlet, but make a long queue of search information about vampire on computer. Then your sim will stop and start and stop and start it. It will keep giving you the vampire power points. Don't buy any vampire power perks until your sim become a master vampire. Purchase about 20 packs of plasma packs just in case your vampire sim gets thirsty at low level. After reaching up to the master level, you can buy faster movement and sunlight perks up to the stage 3. Then your vampire will be free from the sunlight as well as can move very fast rather than moving by a bat form. You don't even need to get vampire training to rank up.

I forgot to mention that vampire can bite a neck at night time. No rank is required. Also...vampire sims can bite the neck any time in ROM because it doesn't feel any sunshine in there.

Jeansoo wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I had so much fun laughing today over this thread ... we need a picture version :).

How about these?
    EBqowM0.png
    Hmmm... Tasty
    se9gTWx.png
    Wait, could vampires bite on the neck later on in rank, or is that mod thing? I think I remembered being kind of disappointed at the biting on the wrist thing.

It’s been awhile since I played Sims 4 due to schoolwork, and when I did recently play, my recent sims have been mermaids or humans lately, so I can’t remember a few of the vampire aspects.

I still have to play caster, but I remembered enjoying vampires. I was trying to rank to get a daywalker vampire.

I’m the opposite of some of the vampire players here in that I prefer more light-heartedness and more brighter/bolder aesthetics for my own vampires, lol. They would be the domesticated types with mixed families while living in tropical islands or farms, etc, and working like a human.

Just a “human” who sucks blood—I mean, plasma—from their spouse and have super-speed and other little things, lol.

One thing that annoyed me about playing vampires was that it felt like it takes a really long time or lots of grinding to get to the daywalking perk. I remembered getting a bit impatient and annoyed with the grinding, and I still hadn’t gained the daywalker aspect.

I’ll have to play a vampire again and see how long it really takes to get to that rank as I try out the RoM spellcaster alongside the vampire. I’ll be playing a vampire and spellcaster couple to try out the best of both worlds, lol.

You're the same as me. I like bright sim life under the sunshine. So my vampire sims are all going out with no sun problem in day time. It's really easy to rank up in vampire. also I use 'no weakness' mod and it works well. My vampires are all grand masters but they don't have weakness. When your sim turns into vampire first, buy a computer and search for the vampire info on computer. Your vampire sim will be in maybe prime level after completing vampire lore skill. And after that, let your vamp sim keeps searching a vamp info on computer over and over. The sim will quit the searching things with boring moodlet, but make a long queue of search information about vampire on computer. Then your sim will stop and start and stop and start it. It will keep giving you the vampire power points. Don't buy any vampire power perks until your sim become a master vampire. Purchase about 20 packs of plasma packs just in case your vampire sim gets thirsty at low level. After reaching up to the master level, you can buy faster movement and sunlight perks up to the stage 3. Then your vampire will be free from the sunlight as well as can move very fast rather than moving by a bat form. You don't even need to get vampire training to rank up.

I forgot to mention that vampire can bite a neck at night time. No rank is required. Also...vampire sims can bite the neck any time in ROM because it doesn't feel any sunshine in there.
    Yay, a fellow daywalker player, hehe! 😀☀️

Ah, okay! So we can use the computer and search for vamp info. I’ll try that! Thanks for the tip! 🤗👍

Do you know if there is a relationship hit if they do bite on the neck, though?
    (She/her)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    not on the poll my answer is none of the abouve what i porefer are normal human sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Well Casters for me, but thats a VERY close call. I play both equally. Aliens and mermaids too!
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Vampires are insanely more versatile (without feeling overpowered), and the progression was done just so well that it gives a sense of having earned one's power, but not the sense that one is completely infallible or that one simply stops learning, even at max rank. The inclusion of the customisable dark form, as well as powers one can freely choose, makes it an occult that is only limited by one's bias and imagination.

I could go on a detailed essay, but I've done that enough times.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Vampires are more in depth so that's why I chose them, but I do love a good "inferniate" spell on a sleeping sims bed ;)
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I dismissed Vampires but bought Casters.