Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
Ah, welcome weary traveler to my humble establishment. What is this place, you say? Look around and observe. This is my little spot for the fantasy, supernatural and sci-fi simmer. Do you need advice about repelling vampires? We have that here. Are you frustrated that you can’t seem to find fairies or werewolves in Windenburg? We understand. Are alien abductions and a severe lack of dragons getting you down? You have our sympathy. Are you a Spellcaster struggling with curses? Ugh. Have a drink.

New developments in our world occur once in a blue moon. In the meantime, you can share your supernatural needs here. After all, I’m just your friendly bartender. Aren’t I?

What’ll you have? Hmmmmm?

The Blue Moon Jukebox
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I needed this thread so much. Thank you!!! will be posting later
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am umming and awwing about RoM for my next purchase. I would be curious to know what the limits are to the sims skills/abilities outside of the world that comes with the pack. Is the world protected from random sims visiting?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited January 2022
    I needed this thread so much. Thank you!!! will be posting later

Looking forward to it!

I am umming and awwing about RoM for my next purchase. I would be curious to know what the limits are to the sims skills/abilities outside of the world that comes with the pack. Is the world protected from random sims visiting?

Hey, and welcome. May I recommend a Dim and Gusty?

Spellcasters can practice magic anywhere, but don’t do so autonomously. Got to keep our little secrets, you know? The Magic Realm will be populated by Spellcasters and the 3 Sages. Glimmerbrook is open to anyone unless you use a mod to close it off, which I have done. No sense in having just everyone barging in.
    edited January 2022
    cyncie wrote: »

Hey, and welcome. May I recommend a Dim and Gusty?

Spellcasters can practice magic anywhere, but don’t do so autonomously. Got to keep our little secrets, you know? The Magic Realm will be populated by Spellcasters and the 3 Sages. Glimmerbrook is open to anyone unless you use a mod to close it off, which I have done. No sense in having just everyone barging in.

Cheers :smiley: Dim and Gusty works!

That is good to hear. I was hoping it would be cut off from the rest of the game in some way. I am considering a bundle and so may have to choose a game pack. Any kind of crossover with the paranormal pack? Do you know if that intrudes heavily in the main game?

I will defo grab that RoM then. I like the sound of it being secret - do you know the name of the mod or somewhere close so I can hunt it down?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    edited January 2022
    One Dim and Gusty coming up!

I believe Spellcasters advance in the Paranormal Investigator career more quickly, but no other crossing with Paranormal that I’m aware of. If you want to only limit Glimmerbrook, I used Zeros Glimmerbrook Only Mages mod.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited January 2022
    Spellcasters do have an easier time of it when doing seances (to check for volatility or appease spirits), whether or not they go for the career in Paranormal. They're assumed to already possess some knowledge of the spirit world.

Also, nice pub. Cheers!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Is there something in Windenberg that makes you think of fairies and werewolves? I was hoping there were fairies in Willow Creek somewhere when I saw the mushroom fairy rings in Sylvan Glade, but then I realized it was sadly just a mirage. Hopefully we get them one day. I really want a medieval fantasy pack too, with knights, princesses, dragons and quests.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Is there something in Windenberg that makes you think of fairies and werewolves? I was hoping there were fairies in Willow Creek somewhere when I saw the mushroom fairy rings in Sylvan Glade, but then I realized it was sadly just a mirage. Hopefully we get them one day. I really want a medieval fantasy pack too, with knights, princesses, dragons and quests.

There are fairies IN Sylvan Glade, but they're the tiny delicate kind that may be hard to see. You can often hear them giggling before you see them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

There are fairies IN Sylvan Glade, but they're the tiny delicate kind that may be hard to see. You can often hear them giggling before you see them.

Ooh really? I'm going to go back there and look for that. I've never noticed that. I guess that would explain the mushroom fairy ring then lol

*edited to say it's just that I was expecting something bigger the size of a Sim :lol:
    Spellcasters do have an easier time of it when doing seances (to check for volatility or appease spirits), whether or not they go for the career in Paranormal. They're assumed to already possess some knowledge of the spirit world.

Also, nice pub. Cheers!

Cheers and welcome!

Welcome!

Oh yes….Willow Creek is definitely a portal to the fairyland in Sylvan Glade. And I suspect dragons lurking there as well. I mean, what else could those glowing eyes be? Right?
    @cyncie @VeeDub

Thank you :)

Right that is the gamepack and stuff pack sorted. Expansion - Well, I can only choose between Island Living, Snowy Escape, Seasons and Cats and Dogs, so I am guessing its a no brainer- Seasons?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Ooh really? I'm going to go back there and look for that. I've never noticed that. I guess that would explain the mushroom fairy ring then lol

*edited to say it's just that I was expecting something bigger the size of a Sim :lol:

Yeah, there are only little glowy orbs that are kind of human-fairy shaped if you look really, really closely…. I think. *squints*

There is a lovely fairy mod (that comes along in a combo with a dark witch occult mod as well) that uses powers and assets stuff from RoM and Seasons, if you’re not opposed to mods.

I’m going to use it myself since I love fairies so much. I try to limit myself on mod use, and usually try to avoid it when I can, but I want my fairies sooooo bad. (At least I still have Sims 3 Supernatural to sort of fill some of that niche once in a while.)

Mermaids are a bit of a downgrade from Sims 3 mermaids, but they’re my favorite supernatural beings. I hope fairies in Sims 4 still keep some elements from Sims 3 fairies. I loved their wings, the flying, being good with gardening, and the various spells, including some mischief spells. I miss them.

I feel like RoM has some elements of the Sims 3 fairies’ spells, though. (And maybe inspired spells from Sims 3 genies, like a cleaning spell?)

I feel RoM is the closest I will get to fairies in Sims 4, and the mod will help make that fairy dream possible. :smile:

(The mod is called Fairies vs Witch mod and is created by SpinningPlumbobs, if anyone else is interested. It’s available free on their Patreon page. There are some YouTube videos that show a bit of the mod’s gameplay.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022

Yeah, there are only little glowy orbs that are kind of human-fairy shaped if you look really, really closely…. I think. *squints*

There is a lovely fairy mod (that comes along in a combo with a dark witch occult mod as well) that uses powers and assets stuff from RoM and Seasons, if you’re not opposed to mods.

I’m going to use it myself since I love fairies so much. I try to limit myself on mod use, and usually try to avoid it when I can, but I want my fairies sooooo bad. (At least I still have Sims 3 Supernatural to sort of fill some of that niche once in a while.)

Mermaids are a bit of a downgrade from Sims 3 mermaids, but they’re my favorite supernatural beings. I hope fairies in Sims 4 still keep some elements from Sims 3 fairies. I loved their wings, the flying, being good with gardening, and the various spells, including some mischief spells. I miss them.

I feel like RoM has some elements of the Sims 3 fairies’ spells, though. (And maybe inspired spells from Sims 3 genies, like a cleaning spell?)

I feel RoM is the closest I will get to fairies in Sims 4, and the mod will help make that fairy dream possible. :smile:

(The mod is called Fairies vs Witch mod and is created by SpinningPlumbobs, if anyone else is interested. It’s available free on their Patreon page. There are some YouTube videos that show a bit of the mod’s gameplay.)

Welcome! And fyi, Fairy is one of the familiars in ROM, although these fairies are a bit…unusual?
    @cyncie @VeeDub

Right that is the gamepack and stuff pack sorted. Expansion - Well, I can only choose between Island Living, Snowy Escape, Seasons and Cats and Dogs, so I am guessing its a no brainer- Seasons?

For the most bang for your buck, I would say so. Although, I do love Island Living with the mermaids and Moana vibe.

edited January 2022
    @cyncie @VeeDub

I highly recommend Seasons, yes! 🤗👍 If you want anything with weather, and if you want sims to sometimes feel the heat or cold, and some little seasonal interactions (and a few new deaths), then Seasons is a must-have! (Bundle up for the cold! Stay cool during the summer! And be careful of lightning!)

Also, I think it’s because of Seasons, but my mermaid sims seemed to have the ability to summon the rain and thunderstorms….

Edited to add: Seasons also has a calendar and you can adjust the lengths of the seasons and create holidays. Making holidays is fun, too! You can make up holidays and choose from a list on what traditions you want for certain days and can change which days the holidays come on.
    (She/her)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Has anyone else tried making Faeries from Aliens and then cheating on the Spellcaster trait? I mean, it's not perfect, and there are some limitations on making changes in CAS, but Aliens don't have any changes to their needs panel, and Spellcasters don't have a second form, so it's the least ... glitchy of the possible hybrids. And Aliens having an alternate form means that there's a kind of Glamour effect where they disguise themselves And the weird "not behaving completely human" thing that Aliens do.

I haven't pushed it much, just in the early generations of my current legacy, which is well beyond that now, but it's something I may explore further later.
    Thank you all :) All downloaded and installed and I have just fired up my game. Lots of new stuff to learn and explore!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Thank you all :) All downloaded and installed and I have just fired up my game. Lots of new stuff to learn and explore!

Nice!! Hehe, I know the feeling, since I still have packs to explore. Have fun and enjoy!!! 🤗👍
    (She/her)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @Lielf those are awesome! So creative.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thank you! <3 One of my favorite things about the Sims 4 is the CAS and the wonderful variety of styles and assets. I feel like I don't need CC to be able to create something out of the ordinary (which I love to do!) and I love to explore the possibilities. I currently have some Genies/Djinn in the works for my next "occult" project. But the limited fantasy skin tones are frustrating me, lol. Oh well. I'll tweak them until I like them.
    #Team Occult
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    *swoop in on a broom*

f6e62f50455e34d413067ab4f3c2278496434634.png

"Hello? As you can see, my friend has a problem. He suffers from the Curse of Revulsiveness, and technically should turn green and warty on occasion. Only he never does, instead he slips/stumbles a lot now. So our player put cc on Connor to make him look a little more like an alchemy accident victim."

26e91906e68c6c12ed3b99a9f5da52ca38c6dd3c.png

"Now we wonder, is there a way to restore the green warty glory for cursed sims?"

In plain text, is this a known bug, and is there maybe a fix? Connor is cursed since October already and has never once turned green. He seems to have gotten the Clumsy trait instead. (On a sidenote, no, I don't want to cure him anytime soon.)
    edited January 2022
    Well, the place is busy for a Monday! Welcome to the new guests!

One Plasma Jane for @LiELF , who has some very interesting friends!

@DaWaterRat, your idea sounds interesting. If you try it, let us know how it works out.

@EnkiSchmidt the last time I saw that curse it was working, but that has been a while back.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Hi @cyncie, I don't currently have any occult questions, I'm just here for a Von Haunt Estate Meloire and a Morgyn & Smudge screenshot if you've got any. B)

gen3-banner.png
    edited January 2022
    Hi @cyncie, I don't currently have any occult questions, I'm just here for a Von Haunt Estate Meloire and a Morgyn & Smudge screenshot if you've got any. B)

Welcome to The Blue Moon! You’re going to make me break out the good stuff, eh?

Unfortunately, I haven’t spent much time in Glimmerbrook in the last few weeks due to family obligations. But, here’s Smudge on a Roomba, in case you missed it.

ZTOiImL.png

And, I don’t think I’ve shared this one!

pUahfe1.jpg

All part of the service! Enjoy!

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Awww thank you that is adorable! (both of them, but especially the roomba one.)

gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top