Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny/Crazy/Creative ideas to do in The Sims 2

In this thread, you all can share your own ideas of what to do in The sims 2 that is bizarre yet not impossible.
Here were my challenges:
Suggested by my viewers, i woohoo-ed with 11 sims then tried to cheat on all of them at the same time (all of them in a lot) but realized, there exists a new concept... "Open relationship" (i can make out in front of some girl and other one wouldnt mind it):
https://youtu.be/09C8Kjdvmk4

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hey! You're the one who did the 'get rich quick' speedrun that made me laugh out loud! Awesome idea with awesome execution!
    Sorry about that. Back to the topic.

Hmm... What challenge to suggest...

Ah! I have an idea!

Make a lot that is a big pool. However, this pool has many islands: a kitchen island, a bedroom island, a bathroom island, living room island etc. So if a sim wakes up and wants to eat, they'll have to swim to the kitchen island.
    After making one, have your sims live there and see how long they'll survive...
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • ModernDayM0zartModernDayM0zart Posts: 20 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Hey! You're the one who did the 'get rich quick' speedrun that made me laugh out loud! Awesome idea with awesome execution!

Ah! I have an idea!

Make a lot that is a big pool. However, this pool has many islands: a kitchen island, a bedroom island, a bathroom island, living room island etc. So if a sim wakes up and wants to eat, they'll have to swim to the kitchen island.

Thanks for the compliment on the speedrun vid, i appreciate your kind words!

Also brilliant idea! I will definitely try it and feature you on my vid if i can.
    edited February 2022
    Well, sometimes a discussion that seems awesome turns out to be... empty. I know how that feels...

But I can fortunately provide more ideas.
    Though it is really difficult to think about an idea for The Sims 2. If it was about The Sims 3, I'd immediately suggest replacing the fridge with a vending machine and have sims only slam it to get food. So, for The Sims 2, I can only propose crazy challenges with crazy rules.

University Extreme Mode. 8 students have to live in a dorm with following rules:
    • No cafeteria stove. Put a normal stove instead.
    • Fill the whole kitchen area with rugs. Replace fire sprinklers with smoke alarms.
    • Remove all the computers. Term papers are made of evil!
    • Research trough books is forbitten. The grade must be earned from assignments. Sims doing research get punished (more about it later).
    • Replace all beds with murphy beds to discourage weaklings with bad mood.
    • If a professor visits, fight them, no exceptions! They are a intruder! Don't worry about grades, you can just do more assignments.
    • Every sim who fails final exams must die, no exceptions.
    • Sims whose grade is less than B+ get punished.
    • Sims who get punished will get locked in a large room only containing a buffet table, a toilet, and a bed. The room must first be filled up with plates (at least 15 of them). Graves must also be placed near the room.
      Edit. The punishment should have a chance of survival. Thus set a set amount of time how long they'll be staying there (like 8 in-game hours).
    • If for some reason one student remains alive, they'll immediately graduate.
    You may add more rules.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
    edited February 2022
    Ah! Another idea!

The Lightning House.

Have your sims live in a one story house with no roof and use a weather machine to make it rain permanently. If the rain stops, make it happen again. Also remove all the trees and lightning rods to increase the chance of sim getting struck by lightning.

Now see how long will your sims survive. Fire can't harm them fortunately as the rain will put it out.

Then there's The Maze House idea, where sims have to go through a long maze to get to each room (like the pool-lot idea).

Another idea to put forward is Unlucky Sim idea, where you go out your way to fulfill every fear your sim has. This could even include death of friends and family, fire, repo man visit etc.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    Create Hybrids (note this may corrupt some saves eventually but just for fun) of many different type occults.

My favorite, turn a toddler into a vampire....ROFL. They do remain a vampire when aging into other stages. You won't believe the animations of a vampire toddler. :D

Have one parent live on a vacant lot with five toddlers. Or more. >:) Note, no furniture, no money...no regular employment. You will have to figure out how they can eat on nothing. No grills, Nothing at all on the vacant lot..ever. You may have to do a lot of traveling to community lots to feed those kids and get them a bath etc. :D It's a good idea to have a business owner in your game so your parent Sim can go there and buy food for inventory if the toddles ever make it to childhood.

Build an asylum and lock all the 'patients' in teeny sized cells. Do not give them anything. Have one Sim do the cooking (attendant) and then if you must feed them just place a plate of food in each cell. Do not let the Sims out to associate into a common area and or to do fun things or to sleep or use the bathroom etc. When one dies leave the urn on the same floor as the living Sims. ETA: No hand of god to remove dirty plates left in cells, etc.

Do not ever let them out and or any kind of reward (fun item, or bed, toilet, sink, chair etc.) until they roll a want other than the ones that are tied to their aspirations and personalities. Such as if a fortune Sim keeps rolling to make money...they stay in the cell or don't get any amenities until they stop rolling Fortune wishes/wants. If a popularity Sim wants to make friends then they may never get out because they roll this constantly. Make up your own rules about this, but it's fun to see how long they finally begin to roll other wants than the ones they keep rolling in the wants and wishes....and if they can be rehabilitated from their obsessions. (Make sure to lock cell doors.)

Have one Sim be the 'doctor' and enter the science career and then the medical career, they won't have much time to try to help the 'patients' and make sure your asylum has places downstairs to meet your doctor or scientist's needs and a place for the attendant to sleep. They are never locked up. The attendant can take care of all the regular house chores and raking and weeding etc. and all the cooking the meals. Note: the attendant shouldn't enter the cells to clean up after the messy patients. No trash cans in there, either..nothing. No windows in cell rooms...they gain comfort from looking out a window..but if you do decided to give on a tiny window after stopping rolling the same wants of their aspirations then you will see they often see real things and real Sims out in the world by looking out their windows. If they receive a phone call don't let them talk on a phone. No visitors! or phone calls for them. If your played Sims travel you may see the 'patients' out on the community lot..so stricter rules will have to apply to the patient as they have probably filled some of their wants by escaping and being on community lots. And a much, much longer stay in the asylum. You can let one out eventually if you feel they have been 'cured' a little..but take note if they go straight to an object or do something within their aspirations' wants and wishes it's back to the cell for them.

Your played Sim and attendant Sim are your focus. If patients never roll other wants than the ones tied to their aspirations like a Romance Sim wants to woohoo or kiss or whatever, they won't get any thing in their tiny room (large enough for a twin bed and a toilet, that's all) until they roll something other than their aspiration wants. Then you can begin to maybe give them small rewards but if they backslide it gets taken away. >:)

Don't fill any wishes for the patients. Ever. >:)

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited March 2022

Ah! I have an idea!

Hey EgonVM, i got a gift for you...

https://youtu.be/YVIqnQSZ2Jg

Ah! I have an idea!

Got the gift! Very enjoyable. I liked it.
    What I expected was death by drowning. What we got were death by starvation because an empty can was in front of the fridge. Sims Logic...

That was indeed the best ending. Never would have thought that the Grim Reaper is actually a woman. The game even tells that he's a dude in the memory of losing to Grim Reaper. Now thanks to you, we know his... Ahem... her secret.
    That reminds me of The Sims Wiki telling that Grim Reaper used to be female in Strangetown until it was corrected in later releases. And then comes Belladonna Cove...

I suspected that with the repo man. After all, social workers will teleport to children to take them away. So no locking away children...

I see you've done "killing a stranger". Let me suggest an even harder challenge: "killing a vampire stranger". There's only one rule: the vampire must remain a NPC. No having them move in. Good luck!

Ah! I have an idea!

What I expected was death by drowning. What we got were death by starvation because an empty can was in front of the fridge. Sims Logic...

That was indeed the best ending. Never would have thought that the Grim Reaper is actually a woman. The game even tells that he's a dude in the memory of losing to Grim Reaper. Now thanks to you, we know his... Ahem... her secret.
    That reminds me of The Sims Wiki telling that Grim Reaper used to be female in Strangetown until it was corrected in later releases. And then comes Belladonna Cove...

I suspected that with the repo man. After all, social workers will teleport to children to take them away. So no locking away children...

I see you've done "killing a stranger". Let me suggest an even harder challenge: "killing a vampire stranger". There's only one rule: the vampire must remain a NPC. No having them move in. Good luck!

Here you go, keep them suggestions coming, you sneaky devil. Hehe

https://youtu.be/wVffzq1aPhA
    edited March 2022

Ah! I have an idea!

Here you go, keep them suggestions coming, you sneaky devil. Hehe

https://youtu.be/wVffzq1aPhA

Congratulations! You won this challenge!

You did it with fire! Which reminds me one fact: rugs help to spread fire faster. If fire spreads on a rug, all the tiles that the rug is on will be on fire. This could cause a large fire...

But it would also make another challenge: the rug house! Pictures included!

What you want to do is make a house that has every tile taken up by a rug. Make sure all rugs touch each other. Use moveobjects cheat to make "bridges" to other rooms (shown in this picture).
    ypj98b5pdrn7.png

Now make sure the house is on the ground (no foundation) and only has one story. It must have the following items:
    • A stove
    • A fireplace
    • A Christmas tree
    • A train set
    If you're feeling extra, here's some more:
    • A Grill Indoors
    • Counterfeiting Machine aspiration reward

And if you want more chaos, put a large rug under a tree and make it go to the house with smaller rugs (shown in this picture).
    dote4znohods.png

This way if a lightning strikes a tree, the whole house will be on fire (be extra sure to make sure the house has a roof. Otherwise the rain will put the fire out).

This will not only be a test of how long will your sims survive, but also how much can your computer handle.
    For more fun, throw a large party. Call it Killer Party.

Have fun! :)