Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livinasimminlife's Stories: Starlight Saga begins

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Random Sebastian headcanons in honor of his birthday - Winter 10. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Hello friends,
    I have a new Stardew Remixed post. Here's Alex's portrait and profile for you! :smiley: Love this picture with his dog, Dusty.
    Meet Alex
    2r406ad.png

Also if you're a fan of Stardew Valley and headcanon... I've been posting some here and here on my Simblr.
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Hello and happy holidays! I have a post up about Shane for my Stardew Remixed story.

I'll need post later. My images aren't working.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Okay picture for Shane. Sorry it took so long to get back here. Family in town and holiday stuff. Enjoy my version of Shane from Stardew Valley.
    J88p3Mb.png

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    More Stardew Remixed updates... I've been a little behind since I had family in town. Updating my game took awhile. I've been playing loads of Stardew Valley on the Switch, but not as much Sims. However, today, have an update for you.

Meet Leah, backwoods woman painter and artist! I love how she turned out, but of course, I'm partial to redheads. ;)
    XGrm9N6.png

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    The Stardew Remixed Prologue is here!!! Happy belated Christmas and a happy new year to you all. I had so much fun playing the game and capturing the screenshots, and making the images vintage black-and-white. It was a lot of work, but I was finally satisfied enough for a release. I hope you enjoy.

uy8vggv.png
    This is the story of how my grandparents met and fell in love…

Jack came to Zuzu City with nothing more than a dusty pick-up truck, fifty-seven dollars, and hope in his heart. He moved on a dream – the dream of finding a woman to spend the rest of his life with, to have children and grandchildren, and to start his own business.

He was born James Owen Jackson, but everyone called him Jack. He was conventionally handsome, pale blonde hair, muscular build, soft blue eyes, and a strong jawline. But he lacked money and prospects. In his hometown, he had little luck with the ladies. He hoped life in the city would change his stars.

Read the Prologue here. Fair warning, image heavy chapter. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I have a new Stardew Valley side Tumblr blog for my headcanon, casual gameplay, and SDV goodies. Follow along here: https://stardewvalleythoughts.tumblr.com

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Hey! I wanted to say I loved the prologue. I was really surprised by the plot twist and I'm excited to read more.

Also, I wanted to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! I hope the new year brings you happiness and joy. Keep on being awesome. <3
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited December 2021
    I have a new Stardew Valley side Tumblr blog for my headcanon, casual gameplay, and SDV goodies. Follow along here: https://stardewvalleythoughts.tumblr.com

I'll totally follow the new Simblr ASAP! Except... I can't remember my login for Tumblr. :D Whoops. Might need to make a new login. :# Login secured! New Simblr followed!
  • Options
    Thank you, @TheYayToast. Good to see you around these parts. Hope you're doing well. A belated Christmas wish and happy new year to you!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy New Year's Eve. The second chapter of Crescent Moon Conspiracy dropped today. In case you've forgotten, here's the synopsis:
    Some things cannot stay in shadow... the sun, the moon, the truth.

Ever since she was a little girl, Parker Green heard the stories of the Black Moon Forest. Traveling to Avalon to study the ways of the spellcasters is a dream come true. However, Parker discovers adjusting to life abroad will be more complicated than she could have imagined. Despite the tradition of opening the borders every festival season, many locals are difficult and downright hostile toward outsiders. And that is the least of Parker's problems.

The mountain merchant town of Glimmerbrook is more crowded than usual with the announcement of an engagement between a Avalonian wizard and a Highlander princess. The union of these two noble families will secure peace and prosperity between the ancient sovereign nations of mages and fairies. Yet the impending nuptials are overshadowed by the passing of the vampire Count Vladislaus Straud and the rise of his vengeful Unseen Queen, sending the ruling classes scrambling for power and position.

When Parker discovers a plot against the highborn families, she is quickly thrown into the dazzling and dangerous world of politics, prestige, and parties. With the help of her childhood best friend, a mysterious diplomatic agent, an eccentric investigator, and a bewitching engineering student, can Parker determine who is behind a series of "accidents?" Unearthing a long buried secret may be the only way to prevent catastrophe, but it threatens to unravel the Alliance of Magic.

If you need a refresh, here's the Prologue and Chapter 1.

I wasn't intending to work on this story, but it happened. I had started writing this chapter almost a year ago, and finally finished it. It's a little detour from Stardew, but I promise more Stardew Remixed chapters are coming soon.

5_parker-closed-eyes.png?w=736
    In the meantime, enjoying Chapter 2: Reading the New Girl.
    Fearless. When one looked up the word ‘fearless‘ in the dictionary, one would most likely find Parker’s name next to it. She grew up with brothers. Creepy crawlies? Wouldn’t even flinch. Bloody noses? Watch for the returning right hook. Broken bones? Bouncing around the next day. ...Nothing slowed Parker down. Nothing scared her. Except maybe this…

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Posting the next installation of Stardew Remixed: Prologue, Pt. 2 this time told through the perspective of Daniela, the Farmer's mother.

This is probably one of my favorite images from the chapter.
    qLHa889.png
    She kicked herself a thousand times. Why did she have to argue with over something so trivial? So frivolous? All the girls at school were shortening their hemlines and perming their hair and doing their nails. Daniela wanted to be just like them, like all teenage girls do. But her mama was old fashioned. Concerned about appearances. Wanting her daughter to represent and obey the school standard. After Joanna’s passing, Daniela did anything but follow rules. She cut her hair, hiked her skirts up higher, and even pierced her nose. Her experiments didn’t end with fashion. There were numerous boys involved, and her father frequently argued with her about the drinking and the staying out all hours of the night. Her mother would be mortified, even if her hemlines were longer these days, and there was only one man in her life. “You only wanted to protect me,” she whispered.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Posting the next two installations of Stardew Remixed... Life Before Farmer.

1iEpqcv.png

The Pelican Town Community Center is one of my favorite indoor places in Stardew Valley game. I think there's something oddly peaceful about the quiet place that's rundown and in need of love that no one else visits. I think the closest anyone comes is Penny... maybe?? Demetrius wanders about, and occasionally Caroline stands beneath a nearby tree. There's a great sense of accomplishment in trying to complete the community center achievements. I think that's why I enjoyed writing this particular blurb.

The Pelican Town Community Center had stood for over a hundred years, Matteo explained. Once in its original glory, it served as a meetinghouse for the townspeople, a place to broker business deals and advance commerce with neighboring towns, a place to celebrate yearly holidays and create new traditions and events, a place to gather over a hot meal, to share stories, materials, and supplies with ones’ friends. Now in a dilapidated state, the community center was a painful reminder of what happens when something once loved is neglected. A new mayor was elected, the next town squabbled over rights to the resources on the island, and the community was locked in a legal battle. War came and with war, innovation and technology, but also illness, pain, and death. Residents of the Stardew Valley left behind the once a bustling farming community for a brighter future in the bigger province cities. Those who stayed felt the aftereffects of destruction, poverty, and crime on the island. Like its name suggested, the Lonely Rock was forgotten, a relic of the past.
    Prologue, Pt. 3

8nvzmkD.png
    Isn't this the cutest picture ever? So heartwarming. I love the idea of the farmer as a toddler playing with her Papa Jack...

Grandpa, or Papa Jack as he liked to be called, returned to Pelican Town. He moved into the old lighthouse cabin so he could be close to his granddaughter. Jack took a job working on a fishing boat with Willy for awhile, and then bounced around and decided to work in the mines. Daniela couldn’t understand it. Why would her father walk away from the company he built with his bare hands? Why would he leave all that wealth and power behind for a minimum wage manual labor job? Matteo, on the other hand, was grateful for the help. His daughter responded well to her Papa Jack. He was magical to her. And that’s all that mattered.

Prologue Pt. 4

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    More of the Stardew Valley prologue saga... I'm a bit behind with updates here again.

5ZRSwKf.png
    I don’t remember much about my Papa Jack. He had a strong face, mostly covered with his blonde beard, but you could crack a walnut with that jawline. He was tall, or at least he seemed tall to a toddler a little over a meter high. He always seemed to be lost in faraway thought. I could sense he was sad. Little children and animals always know when a person is sad. Call it a sixth sense. I have one image impressed in my memories. I waddled along the beach like a baby duck, unsure of its land legs. The sun was setting behind the mountains to our backs, bidding the deep blue sea farewell for the night.

He stood alone at a distance, straw fedora atop his massive head of thick blonde hair like a Simlandic Viking, his suspenders and shirt rippling against the breezes. He looked so lonely against the blue, his vision caught by a pair of seagulls fluttering overhead. Or perhaps the water tower in the distance, or the docks. He was contemplating leaving. Perhaps going home. To where? I wasn’t sure. Daddy had said he once lived in Zuzu City with grandmama and mother.

She left again, the night before, but this time was different. I was sad too. I missed her scent of lavender and the softness of her bathrobe and the half-humming, half-singing she would do when she didn’t think anyone was listening. My little brain could not comprehend she wasn’t coming back, and neither was Papa Jack.

Prologue, Pt. 5: Blue Skies

rUIURL2.png
    The contents of the room were so ingrained in my mind. The last time I saw Papa Jack, he sat in a faded green chair. We didn’t even know he was living in Pine-Mesa City. He was renting a little old house with cracking walls and failing radiators. The floorboards creaked and the windows leaked winter air. A shifting cedar log crackled in the fireplace. A set of three swords were displayed on the wall as some sort of commemorative achievement, and a painting of a bridge from the Valley hung on the adjacent wall. Atop the fireplace, an ornately carved wooden clock, a gift he said from a resident of his former town, dinged to indicate it was half past seven. A silhouette graced the mantlepiece, a woman across from a gold circular design, and a strange alien creature encircled by leaves. The floor rug was red and gold, patterned, but faded. The windows bore no curtains or blinds, simply looking out, cold glass at a winter snowstorm, illuminated only by a few lone streetlamps. A Christmas tree, festively decorated with candy canes, yellow balls, gold painted snowflakes, twinkle lights, and red ribbons stood across from the dying man, the only other light in the room.
    Prologue, Pt. 6: Dying Star

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Woo! I'm all caught up! 😁 I'm thoroughly enjoying the story so far.
    My favourite part of the prologue was Daniela falling in love with the lighthouse and playing her part in making it better, but Jack's sweet romance is a close second. It was fun to see the little sprinkles of stardew valley lore mixed in with your own world here and there. The pictures are really nice-looking and detailed, too!

I'm very strapped for time to spend reading simlit these days, but I'll do my best to stay caught up at least a little bit. 😊
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Woo! I'm all caught up! 😁 I'm thoroughly enjoying the story so far.
    My favourite part of the prologue was Daniela falling in love with the lighthouse and playing her part in making it better, but Jack's sweet romance is a close second. It was fun to see the little sprinkles of stardew valley lore mixed in with your own world here and there. The pictures are really nice-looking and detailed, too!

I'm very strapped for time to spend reading simlit these days, but I'll do my best to stay caught up at least a little bit. 😊

Thanks @_sims_Yimi! I appreciate your comments.
    I love the lighthouse too! :heart:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Wow, I am eons behind with updating here... but hello friends! :)

Keep up with my Simblr - where I post Stardew Valley content and Sims 4 content - www.livinasimminlife.tumblr.com (and Stardew side-blog www.stardewvalleythoughts.tumblr.com).

I have two monthly round-ups out - January and February. I do an overview of the month, what's new, and if you need to catch up, this is a great way to get started.

If you aren't caught up with Stardew Remixed chapters, find the chapter list and character profile links here. Also, NEW! Out today - the first official chapter where Jade arrives in Stardew Valley.

Also, from today's chapter - I spy with my little eye... two characters from Stardew Valley... guess who?
    jzz6Gz6.png

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    More Stardew Remixed today...

...and an episode of what-will-my-silly-Sims-do-now? Haha. :#;):D
    https://i.imgur.com/S0onDvW.png
    “How could you forget your shoes?” Abigail asked, incredulously.

Read Chapter 2: The Bus Stop

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Two more Stardew Remixed chapters in the last few days. I seem to be on a M-F posting schedule (with maybe a day off somewhere in there). Have no idea if I can stick to it, but that's where I'm at for now. I hope I'm doing the Valley justice. This is my love letter to the game that got me through most of last summer/fall/early winter. :)

rSTWAun.png
    Robin's expression is priceless! And hysterical! :D:joy:
    Chapter 3: The Farm ... in which Jade actually sees her new living space.

mqGxafY.png
    Chapter 4: The Welcome Wagon... in which a lovely mix of Sims 4 and Stardew Valley occurs.

Enjoy! And thanks for reading!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Hello everyone, here's to a cute Sam-Farmer moment...

1Ag7TWR.png
    read more in today's chapter of Stardew Remixed.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hello everyone, two more chapters for my Stardew Remixed story.

F2DfedI.png

What will Jade's adventures be?
    Chapter 6: The Stardrop Saloon
    Chapter 7: The Bite

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Jade takes a trip down to the waterfront... in the latest Stardew Remixed chapters.

g3AP6Wg.png
    “You Miss Jade?” a gruff sounding voice came from behind her.

“Whoa!” she exclaimed, whirling. “Where did you come from?”

The bearded gentleman hunched his shoulders and pointed. “You didn’t exactly answer my question.”

“Neither did you,” she replied, her eyes widening. “But yes, I’m Jade. Are you Willy?”

The man straightened stiffly and cracked his neck before tugging down on his brown cap. “Ahoy there miss.”

Chapter 8: The Fishing Pole

CPnaYe5.png

“It’s Linus’ shift today…”

“What?”

“Linus… he walks down from the hills behind my place,” the man said. “So he’s typically late. Should be here soon though.”

“Oh… okay… thank you,” Jade replied, unsure of what else to say. As her stomach gurgled loudly, she flushed. “Uh… what’s good here?”

“Nothing,” he replied. “I mean if you like provincial fish, sure… but I’m more of a sashimi guy.

Chapter 9: The Docks

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    The adventure continues... find the Stardewie characters and chapter links if you're catching up here.

qQNWYqw.png
    In today's chapter, Shane and Marnie make an appearance for the first time, Leah also interacts with Jade, and Jade visits the neighbor's ranch.
    Chapter 10: The Nearby Farm (SDVR)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest