Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Big is Your Mods Folder?

13...Next

Comments

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I have 8 mods installed at the moment, which comes to a whopping 4.96 MB lol.

It's mostly quality of life stuff, like NPCC, Zerbu's face presets, custom CAS backgrounds etc. I'll sometimes throw in CAS poses if I'm changing up my forum picture.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    edited January 2022
    149 MB but I have some cc mixed in with that. Plus MCCC and Road to Fame are sizeable mods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    The way folks describe MCCC makes me actually not want to use it. The features some folks on here swear by, I'd be more likely to swear at.

LOL, it's very unobtrusive if you want it to be. There is, literally, nothing which it does that you can't disable and almost everything is also tweakable so that it suits you 100%. I honestly don't think I'd play the game if it didn't exist, simply because it is a great tool for fixing just about anything in the game that gets on your nerves.

I mainly use it so that 'random' npc sims generated by the game don't look ridiculous, but I also love that I can use it to toggle off autonomy for any action in the game. There has never been a Sims game yet where I don't find certain autonomous actions annoying in their frequency (like constantly getting water from the sink in TS4).

The option to turn off the monster under the bed, was such a relief, I've literally cried when I saw it. I've turned it off and never activated it again. Mccc is really a helpful tool, I can't imagine a game session without it anymore.

Hi, did you know there is also a nightlight that you can put in the kids room that will keep the monster away. I think it's called Defender or something. It's a small rectangle wall light with cartoons on it. Just for future reference in case MCCC doesn't work one day and the monster comes back. :wink:

I use the nightlight. If the monster did something more interesting like crawled out from under the bed and around the house, interacted with other pets, and ate out of the fridge I might like it more.

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Having a parent take the child to bed also seems to help. I get the monster almost every night when I don't have them do that, but almost never when I do.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    The way folks describe MCCC makes me actually not want to use it. The features some folks on here swear by, I'd be more likely to swear at.

LOL, it's very unobtrusive if you want it to be. There is, literally, nothing which it does that you can't disable and almost everything is also tweakable so that it suits you 100%. I honestly don't think I'd play the game if it didn't exist, simply because it is a great tool for fixing just about anything in the game that gets on your nerves.

I mainly use it so that 'random' npc sims generated by the game don't look ridiculous, but I also love that I can use it to toggle off autonomy for any action in the game. There has never been a Sims game yet where I don't find certain autonomous actions annoying in their frequency (like constantly getting water from the sink in TS4).

The option to turn off the monster under the bed, was such a relief, I've literally cried when I saw it. I've turned it off and never activated it again. Mccc is really a helpful tool, I can't imagine a game session without it anymore.

Hi, did you know there is also a nightlight that you can put in the kids room that will keep the monster away. I think it's called Defender or something. It's a small rectangle wall light with cartoons on it. Just for future reference in case MCCC doesn't work one day and the monster comes back. :wink:

I use the nightlight. If the monster did something more interesting like crawled out from under the bed and around the house, interacted with other pets, and ate out of the fridge I might like it more.

Hi, yes I know the nightlights, as well the radiostation, but these things were forbidden during the early decade challenge (no electricity/not common), where your sim is supposed to have a bunch of children. And if all children met the monster every night, that was highly annoying and unrealistic (in case of every night). And personally as a child I never believe in such things, I was more afraid of the darkness from open door closets, so I got rid of that. :)

Hi, yes I know the nightlights, as well the radiostation, but these things were forbidden during the early decade challenge (no electricity/not common), where your sim is supposed to have a bunch of children. And if all children met the monster every night, that was highly annoying and unrealistic (in case of every night). And personally as a child I never believe in such things, I was more afraid of the darkness from open door closets, so I got rid of that. :)

A lot of Sim children in a challenge scenario with no electricity sounds very hard but fun. I have never tried something like that. There is also the feature where an adult can spray the child's bed before sleep but I'm not sure what pack that came with. I was more scared of my closet than under the bed too. :lol: My brother had a favourite toy that protected him from the darkness in the closet lol.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member

A lot of Sim children in a challenge scenario with no electricity sounds very hard but fun. I have never tried something like that. There is also the feature where an adult can spray the child's bed before sleep but I'm not sure what pack that came with. I was more scared of my closet than under the bed too. :lol: My brother had a favourite toy that protected him from the darkness in the closet lol.

Oh good, then I'm not alone with that childhood scare. Under my bed was no spaces for monster just my stuff, like books or linens or pillows. A smurf plushie was my protector. :lol:

Oh good, then I'm not alone with that childhood scare. Under my bed was no spaces for monster just my stuff, like books or linens or pillows. A smurf plushie was my protector. :lol:

Awww I loved the smurfs when I was little. :heart: I think there were a lot of 80's cartoons with monsters in closets and under beds and this scared a whole generation of kids hehe
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

Oh heck no you aren't alone. Closets were just plain evil in my mind when I was a kid. If I got put to bed with a closet open, I swear I saw a face peering out at me after the lights were turned off and my parents left the room. And don't even get me started what was up those stairs if they left the attic door open at night (the attic stairs were right outside my bedroom).

I grew up in an old country farmhouse, and as a kid with an overactive imagination....it was creepy as heck there. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    :D Mine is 30GB and I seem to download even more right before I start to play. It's a mixture of CC and mods.

I really applaud you guys that's able to play the game as is without any game changing mods!
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Monsters under the bed were for real, dagnabit!

When it was bedtime, I used to flick off my bedroom light and then take a running jump onto my bed from about 3 feet away just so the monster couldn't swing his arm out from under the bed to grab my ankles. I also kept a gazillion stuffed animals on my bed and would surround myself with them for protection... My fluffy guardians did a great job of keeping me safe from things that go bump in the night. :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain