Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Hello and Happy New Year @JojoMOMSTER @rosemow @coolsim9999999
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited January 2022
    January room challenge:
    Construct a room for a house in which a group of Sim friends can complete their new year's resolutions
    Hashtag: #fireflyresolutions

Brief:
    A group of friends just had the best New Year’s Eve party ever at their best friend Jan Pearl’s house, and now, they all want to spend the week at her house completing their chosen new year’s resolutions. There’s going to be a lot of skilling, reading and maybe even a little woohooing if two Sims find love. Jan Pearl lives alone, but has several guest rooms and at least two full bathrooms. Other Sims will sleep on the couch --- or even in the yard in tents or on portable camping cots. They have a campfire out there, too.

Any décor style

Info:
    From a house shell (please use the hashtag for that month which someone will make each month, please choose a room to create from that house shell. Feel free to add landscape and put activities in the yard of the house shell. For the house shell --- any size lot is fine. I was thinking of using a larger lot like a 50X50 lot. Make sure to give yourself credit for creating the house shell with a hashtag. The main areas of the house and outside landscaping/anything outside that isn’t a room could be a collab and will also be in the stream. This month, @JojoMOMSTER volunteered again to create the shell, but anyone in this challenge may add to the main areas.
    Then, everyone, please upload your rooms to the gallery with the
    hashtag: #fireflyresolutions
    Room types:
    Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, study, kids room, outdoor room --- or other type of room --- as long as we get each of the rooms above in the build. Of course, we may not always need a kids’ room. Also, I'll let you know how many of each room we need for the challenge.
    Please tell me which room you want to do as soon as possible.
    I will keep track of which room types are left.
    The hashtag for the whole challenge this month: fireflyresolutions, so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything.

On stream, I’ll tour the house.
    However, I’ll nominate each room in the challenge for a Maxis fave. I’ll also be able to tell who did which room in the finished house.

I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and here on the TS4 forum!

Deadline: Sunday, January 30, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. EST
    Tours on my Twitch stream: Monday, January 31, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST
    Any budget, lot type and packs or kits
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.

In addition, please post your rooms to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form:
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name of Room:
    Gallery Link:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your room:
    Back Story:
    Please Include:
    one screenshot showing most of the room
    A bird’s eye view of the room
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your room

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s rooms :)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited January 2022
    Here is the January Colab Shell CoolSiim resolutions co

It is a modern home on the Desert Blossom lot. This lot photographs from behind so the home would be turned 180 degrees.

Each room is tied to a resolution as a theme. Please join us in decorating a room and upload using hashtag #fireflyresolutions

Please change wall/floor coverings and lighting in your rooms as you see fit. All packs and kits are welcome. I have some Items and landscaping to add in parts of the house and lot.

Please let us know which room you would like to decorate. All are welcome.

OGRjkQv.png
    CA3JL15.png
    ng7df2E.png
    SmOcyBt.png

1. Get Rich - garden terrace @Lissykin
    2. Learn A Skill - kitchen/diner @Lissykin
    3. Get A Promotion - living room/entry hall @coolsim9999999
    4. Red More Books - a home library @coolsim9999999
    5. Dress for Success - laundry room @Lissykin
    6. Reorganize Your Home - spare room @emere
    7. Lose Weight - a home gym @hootofthesims
    8. Have A Baby - Owner's suite @coolsim9999999
    9. Be a Super Parent - Nursery @coolsim9999999

Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
    Hi @JojoMOMSTER --- awesome shell, including the terrain work B)<3! Thanks for putting the list together, too B)!
    I'd like to do room #3. Get A Promotion - living room/entry hall please.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    Here are 3 screenshots of the staircase that goes in my room. It spans three floors, so I wanted to show some screenshots of the staircase I picked/which rooms it goes into.

If you don't have get to work, then, we'll just change the staircase back before I stream on January 31. I just wanted to give you guys an idea of the style and color scheme that I picked for my room, so you know what would go with it with the packs you have.
    iDCzKnj.png
    first floor #3 living/entry hall
    4SwhQ92.png
    basement
    Wka55yz.png
    second floor
    4kkjdXo.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is a lovely home shell for the challenge! @JojoMOMSTER :) Very nice exterior design and great interior layout!The front staps path is very nice! I am looking forward to seeing how simmers decorate their chosen rooms :)
    7EwSnNr.png
    my WIP (probably done)
    oKg9wK3.png
    from the other direction
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you very much @rosemow B)<3! I'm happy you like my WIP, including the layout and how I furnished it B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Great living room @coolsim9999999,, so much energy in the decor
    Thank you @rosemow, I am very curious and excited to see how it will come together.
    Thanks @JojoMOMSTER :)! I'm so glad you like my living room B)<3! I'm excited to see what everyone will create :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    Hi @JojoMOMSTER ---
    @Peacefulzone is interested in doing 1. Get Rich - garden terrace. Does that also include the pool? I'm not sure.
    4kkjdXo.png

Hi @JojoMOMSTER Blueocean is interested in doing 4. Read More Books - a home library.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    @coolsim9999999 @Peacefulzone It’s the stair landing and the apron outside. She can close the windows to fix the lighting if she wants to. I would, I just thought it looked cool as an indoor/ outdoor space. Either way is fine. She can do whatever she likes to the pool but the platform behind the pool has a hot tub and stairs to the sub basement so that needs to stay but can be recoulored or added to as long as the hot tub and stairs are functional.
    edited January 2022
    I forgot to post on Discord. I will post on Discord also in a while when I can.
    Thank you @Peacefulzone @Blueocean, I have tagged the rooms for you. I am so happy you will do these rooms.
    edited January 2022
    @JojoMOMSTER --- Whenever you post on Discord is o.k. :)! Thanks for tagging @Peacefulzone and Blueocean for those rooms! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    hey @JojoMOMSTER --- hootofthesims wants to do #7 home gym.
    4kkjdXo.png

Fantastic @hootofthesims looking forward to your gym room!
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi! What a super fun idea!! :smiley:
    Would it be alright for me to complete #2? If that's already been claimed in discord, my back up choice is #5.
    Thank you for hosting, @coolsim9999999, and thanks for the awesome shell, @JojoMOMSTER. :)

Edit: Great job on the living room, @coolsim9999999! It looks vibrant without being busy. I like it a lot! :)
    edited January 2022
    Welcome @Lissykin :)! You may certainly take #2 Learn A Skill - kitchen/diner B)!

Thank you so much for your very nice comment about my living room @Lissykin B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm so excited to be a part of this! Thanks!! :blush:
    You're very welcome :)! I'm looking forward to seeing your room B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Hi @Lissykin , I’m so glad you have decided to do a room for our shell. I’ve tagged 2. Kitchen/diner for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top