Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Few Smallish Things That Could Be Added (Parenthood Edition)

SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
While I was playing, I was thinking of a few small details that would make all the difference while playing. These include:
  • Adults parenting children could be able to 'lecture about ...' when choosing to discipline recent behavior and it would take longer than just a quick notice. Like, if the big brother is bullying his little sister, the mom wouldn't just say "don't do that", you know?
  • Cuddling on bed while relaxing when the sim is with a romantic partner
  • Angry sims should be able to cry it out, at least if they're childish, and/or run into bed to 'cool off' (running while crying would be the best)
  • Prom or school dance for teens
  • Sleepovers for children and teens (social event)
  • and sleeping bags
  • Board games that you could play with other sims. You could play them on the floor or on the table and maximum amount of players could be 6
  • Place plushies on bed/couch and still be able to use the bed/couch
  • More after school activities for children, like chess club, gaming club, board game club
  • Knit and cross stitch with others, e.g. choose the option to 'Knit with...' or 'Cross-stitch with...'
  • Teen party for when parents are on vacation, whether you take them on a vacation yourself or they're offered a free one (like in the sims 3). The neighbors could call the police on them if they're too loud and the parents would come back and discipline the teens or... not discipline. If children are not taken on the vacation, they could tell on their older sibling(s) for throwing a party.
  • If a child/teen hasn't come home until an hour or two after curfew, the parents call the police. Right now the kids can just... never come home.

These ones aren't that small, but I was thinking of them too, kind of on the Parenthood pack idea:
  • Imaginary friends, like in the sims 3
  • A collectible card game that you could play with others while just sitting at the table or on the floor. There is one for kids, but one for teens/adults, you know? (Kind of like Magic the Gathering, but WAY smaller scale.) And then a display for these cards. Great for your geek sims. Playing this card game could be a skill and mastering it could be a new aspiration with dreams of playing a lot of board games as well.
  • Rebellious trait. This could add more 'rebellious' interactions when at school and they're less likely to listen to their parents' discipline. They don't want a corporate job but like being self-employed, activists, freelancers, or anything that doesn't force them to work under anyone's authority. Other sims fear them for their rebelliousness, except sims that are friends with them and/or also rebellious.

Feel free to add your own ideas of 'small things' you could do with family!

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @SimsQueer Yes! Especially the plushies and the card game! I have a mod that lets Sims of all ages play Voidcritter, but it’s not really the same.

I’d like to be able to set separate curfews for individual Sims, so older siblings get to stay out later. I don’t know why they couldn’t implement it that way in the first place.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @SimsQueer Yes! Especially the plushies and the card game! I have a mod that lets Sims of all ages play Voidcritter, but it’s not really the same.

I’d like to be able to set separate curfews for individual Sims, so older siblings get to stay out later. I don’t know why they couldn’t implement it that way in the first place.

Having different curfews sounds awesome. It would make sense that you wouldn't let a child be out at 11PM but a you would let a teen.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would add Preteens as a base game update with options to have them in game or not.