Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living or Snowy Escape?

13...Next

Comments

• sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited December 2021
    Snowy Escape
    Onverser wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd go with Snowy Escape not even a question Island Living really adds nothing especially if you play in one of the older worlds such a poorly done expansion.

I've never understood comments like this. It's called Island Living, not suburban living. If you're not interested in living on an island, or playing with island related gameplay, then why buy a pack that is about that? It'd be like buying Generations and then complaining that it adds nothing as all the gameplay is for families and you don't play with families...

That reminds me! If you buy a pack, you have to take full responsibility for it, for example, when I bought Island Paradise, that meant I'd be aware of it's lag and that I shall not get mad over it if it happened. I found out a way to make it playable but still. You also need to do research before buying a pack so you won't get disappointed after you buy it. No one is forcing you to buy DLC, if you end up disliking it, that's on you. You shouldn't get mad at yourself just because you haven't done proper research on it.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Island Living
    Votes are almost half and half here. :3

I liked both packs, though both can definitely stand to be improved. Both have very beautiful worlds.

I think I only ever use Mt.Kororebi with one playable japanese family I have there. Made most of the lots rental ones, since it seems more ideal for a vacation worlds, since the snowy activities, rock climbing and hiking is locked to this world. Really enjoyed sending my sims famiies on hikes or jogs and they can actually talk and walk at the same time (too bad it's restricted to this world). Cause outside of that there's not really much gameplay I can use for my sims outside this world besides things like the career, hot pot, vending machines (love putting them on a lot of community lots)and onsen for certain lots. Build/buy I really like and CAS is kinda, so so. There were a few pieces I enjoyed but didn't really WOW me. Found the festivals pretty cute, but they're about like the ones from things like CL and IL. Only one that was interesting enough was the youth one with the Voidcritter via pokemon go aspect. I do like seeing the various decorations when a festival pops up, especially in winter there's something so soothing about it. Shame there isn't really anything in this pack for toddlers to do.

Also use Sulani as a vacation world with a few island natives. There was a lot more items I could use outside of Sulani that wasn't restricted to the world. I enjoyed the odd jobs as it a nice way for my sims to make money without being committed to a job, then there's part time jobs and the new career which actually has a lot of depth to it. I like having m sims beach comb and be a beach bum in selling whatever they find in the sand or eat when they don't have a actual job. Festivals much like majority of them are left to be desired. Things like the beach towels and lounge chairs (especially for the tanning) I find myself putting at a lot of sims homes or pool lots along with floaties. Then you have your mermaid occults. Like the snorkeling and playing with dolphins though wish you could snorkel anywhere in Sulani. Can use various items from build/buy to fit with some various styles in homes and CAS was just so amazing can use just about anything in almost every clothing category. Also like how I don't hate the welcome wagon since they bring you a kava bowl to drink until you're in a dazed state.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Island Living
    While I was excited for SE when it was announced, I've found I'm not drawn to that world very often, and use it mainly as a vacation spot for my rich sims.

IL on the other hand I use all the time. I love all three neighborhoods (I only like the mountain neighborhood in SE), and always have plenty to do with sims that either live or vacation there.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Snowy Escape for me. I can’t say I dislike IL, but I only use it as vacation world. I had few sims living there in the past, but it always felt weird like there was something missing. Maybe I’m just not digging the Hawaiian vibe. If the pack had something awesome like diving along with sims instead of watching bubbles, I would feel different about it. IL has nothing in terms of gameplay that could be compared to climbing the peak in SE, hiking as a group or even snow sports.

Mt. Komorebi works as vacation world obviously, but also I had and still have active sims living there and it really works well. I like the unexpected encounters with woods spirits when my sim is hiking at night. Komorebi also has better festivals while in Sulani it’s just random people eating food and setting themselves on fire while dancing. Not to mention that it’s hard to catch those “unforgettable” events.

The only thing that is destroying my experience with SE for now is the fact that the mountain excursion is broken, because of onsen lot and it is not possible to sent sims on climbing expedition since many months. Hopefully they will fix this important feature soon as it’s still hanging on Answers HQ.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited December 2021
    Snowy Escape
    I love both, but I really love snow & prefer the CAS & build/buy in Snowy Escape. :)
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Island Living
    cyncie wrote: »
    I can’t compare because Snowy Escape is too cold for me. I’m a beach gal. For that reason, Island Living wins!
    In Snowy Escape, I experienced weird routing issues that I haven't really tried to figure out if it was a bug or just item placement in a house. Island Living isn't perfect but I feel it was better put together. I just wish there was some actual Caribbean elements in that expansion.

Island living is based on Polynesian Islands, not the Caribbean. Totally different cultures. Isla Paradiso in S3 was Caribbean based.

I'm well aware of the differences between Polynesian islands and the Caribbean. I also see that I could have worded that better. As for Isla Paradiso, that's from Sims3? I only recently bought it and have not had a chance to play with that expansion.
  • Snowy Escape
    I love both of the worlds but I like snowy escape because it has lot more activities & I really like the onsen
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    Onverser wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd go with Snowy Escape not even a question Island Living really adds nothing especially if you play in one of the older worlds such a poorly done expansion.

I've never understood comments like this. It's called Island Living, not suburban living. If you're not interested in living on an island, or playing with island related gameplay, then why buy a pack that is about that? It'd be like buying Generations and then complaining that it adds nothing as all the gameplay is for families and you don't play with families...

That reminds me! If you buy a pack, you have to take full responsibility for it, for example, when I bought Island Paradise, that meant I'd be aware of it's lag and that I shall not get mad over it if it happened. I found out a way to make it playable but still. You also need to do research before buying a pack so you won't get disappointed after you buy it. No one is forcing you to buy DLC, if you end up disliking it, that's on you. You shouldn't get mad at yourself just because you haven't done proper research on it.

That’s an interesting viewpoint.

Advertising can also pull you in. It’s a powerful tool.

Like I was taken in by the trailer for Eco Lifestyle, it looked like the theme was cleaning up Evergreen Harbour and your Sim was a sort of hero. I loved the idea of returning to your hometown and start changing things for the better. I totally bought that pack without really looking into it.

When I started playing it, I found the sim in the trailer wasn’t in the world and it was more build mode items and the NAPs that influenced the changes. Plus everything tends to neutral so changes are short lived.
    I tried to do the same thing Plumbella did in building loads of industrial fires to pollute one zone but little effect. It was industrial wallpaper and flooring that swung it 😂. Also no trees, bushes or flowers on the lot.

I had to disable NPC voting as the sharing is caring and free love got picked constantly and without cheats your Sim wouldn’t have much luck in overtaking the most popular choice.

The best thing I ever did was remove Eco Lifestyle 🎉l
    I miss a lot of the furniture though.

So I’m much more careful when seeing trailers as a result of my experience.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Island Living
    I really just love Island Living to pieces. It's not even rational. Just a "wow, this world makes me happy" thing.
    I really loved Sunlit Tides back in the day, so maybe it's because of that?
    Also, I haven't really played with Snowy Escape much so far. Maybe my opinion changes once I do that.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Island Living
    I like both, but I need my mermaids and I prefer beach locales (since I was born on an island and live in a place that doesn’t really snow irl), but I like playing with snow activities in the Sims games as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Island Living
    I am one of the few people in these forums who truly LOVE IL.
    Snowy escape is well made, but the world bored me after awhile and also the skiing is very bugged, it is almost impossible to make a skiing club work for example.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,180 Member
    Island Living
    I pretty much like both somewhat equally but in RL I am snowed in and can't even get my groceries delivered. LOL So in that case I will lean towards the sun & sea.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Snowy Escape
    more to do with Snowy escape, vending machines, hot pot
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Snowy Escape
    it seems the only fun thing that came with IL was the mermaid occult, and that's just for the aesthetics.