Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match vs Alpha for CAS, your opinion?

13...Next

Comments

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I like both. Nothing jumps out at me when they are mixed in the game for me. I stopped bothering with skins though because it seems like skins are always shown using an HD mod or something, cause when I put them in my game, they do NOT look as realistic as they do in the "advertised photos" for download. I don't know why, my settings are on ultra.. I wish creators would stop editing their pics like that. I can't really tell much difference other than shadows and highlights. I wish I could find a realistic looking default skin that actually looked good in game.

I use to only use Alpha makeup, but now with the sliders the EA makeup is pretty decent. But yeah, like others said, the hair is the big one. So many EA hairs look like blobs of clay, and I don't like it.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LyncesableLyncesable Posts: 22 Member
    I prefer Maxis Match, because, as the name suggests, it matches the NPC's in the game. I like to have everything in the same way and not having to makeover all my townies. Plus, I think it's cute :D
  • VentisquearVentisquear Posts: 11 New Member
    Alpha. I tried to create myself in the game. It took me 2 hours to find the alpha CC I needed; I never managed to find the MM CC. All the skins/blends were alike (and I've tried about 20) - focusing on warm, low-contrast skins, often making the nose wider/with a bulb/blushing/all of it combined. Finding the short female hair was also almost impossible. Alpha CC offers much more diversity. It's easier to create people from different cultures/social background/age...

Plus it fits my style. I have one big world, where everything and everyone is interconnected; I rebuilt/redecorated most private houses, and gave makeover to all NPCs, replacing some townies with people from my own culture. The only people who stand out now are random townies. But I believe those stand out in any game, with or without CC. >.>
  • npc5579npc5579 Posts: 20 Member
    I feel the same way that the games' animations don't match with alpha CC so I usually combine them. I use alpha hair and MM skin, then I can have a sim with detailed hair and soft skin. (But only high contrast hair, otherwise it will look blur in game.)
  • MonoMono Posts: 29 Member
    I mostly prefer maxis match.
  • Nyane21Nyane21 Posts: 152 Member
    I personally love alph, but I have maxis match too. I still haven't find a maxis match skin that I like it.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm without a doubt definitely more on Team Maxis Match. For me, the mismatched look between alpha cc and the cartoony look of the game off putting to the point where I literally can not enjoy the game. I'm a pretty visual person so I have to like what my game looks like in order to really get into it. Alpha hair and clothing is especially bothersome and looks out of place to me. Now, I will use a few minor things like accessories & kijiko eyelashes that are alpha since they tend to be more subtle and not super noticeable. But other than that, I'm pretty much exclusively Maxis Match.
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    I've slowly become more and more of a Maxis Match sorta person as I've played. I loved the alpha style of Sims 3, and at the beginning of playing Sims 4 I downloaded a mix of stuff. However, unless you can be bothered to change the entire world into alpha (including build and buy), then I find it looks a bit strange. However, alpha does look really cool and I envy those who can sort out their towns with this style.