The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• KriseldaKriselda Posts: 25 Member
    > @ModerateOsprey said:
    > Give this a try:
    >
    > https://modthesims.info/d/658080/no-cooking-no-autonomous-cooking-in-cauldrons.html

Thanks, looks like it should do the trick. There's 2 versions - one that stops autonomous cooking and one that removes the cooking option all together. I grabbed that one, and, so far, no more M&C :smiley:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm kind of worried with the recent game packs that they're setting a trend of game packs not coming with worlds again.. Dream Home Decorator didn't have a world, Batuu didn't even have proper lots and now it's looking like this next pack isn't gonna have a world with it either. I really hope they don't go back to not including worlds because worlds are the main reason I buy packs, I desperately need somewhere new to play in after only getting one world in the past year :s
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I'm thinking that the next time I make a video about cats and dogs, I'll make all the cats and dogs green.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm kind of worried with the recent game packs that they're setting a trend of game packs not coming with worlds again.. Dream Home Decorator didn't have a world, Batuu didn't even have proper lots and now it's looking like this next pack isn't gonna have a world with it either. I really hope they don't go back to not including worlds because worlds are the main reason I buy packs, I desperately need somewhere new to play in after only getting one world in the past year :s

I wouldn’t be too bad if they would throw in some more (free) blank worlds like Newcrest.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    edited January 2022
    Toast.
    01-08-22_9-55-07_AM.png
    Edit: I accidentally shared a meme instead. >-< I keep copying the wrong links. :face_palm:
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    So I've been playing live mode a lot more than usual and I had a quick question for you all. Is there a definitive way to make sure sims you like don't get culled? I never really thought about that until now. I read somewhere how Erwin got culled from someone's game and it made me think how I don't want stuff like that to happen.

Mark the household played in Household Manager and they will not be culled. Other option is to use mods, for example with MCCC you can flag sims to not be culled. 😊

Thank you so much! Just went through and marked a bunch played.

Does marking lots of households as played slow the game down very much? I'm playing on a very good laptop, and it's running just fine, but I'm considering putting the "played" tag on quite a few more households.

Not from what I noticed! I do play on an Xbox One S though and don't have every pack.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Here's a random comment or question for ya! Sims use the toilet at least 2 times a day right? Soooo does the toilet paper EVER run out? No!!! Why? The food is paid for (check your fridge prices), the water, and light's are paid for, (check your lot taxes), your internet and phone is paid for (with the Sims National Bank mod), but the toilet paper is free? Is there a mod that makes us pay for toilet paper? If so please let me know so I can get it. LOL
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    I really need to go through everything in BB. There's so much content in the game now. Things I've totally forgotten about and never use.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I really need to go through everything in BB. There's so much content in the game now. Things I've totally forgotten about and never use.

I am finding build/buy really intimating!

I didn't play for a handful of years and I started again back end of last year, so I have all the updates that have taken place over those years and have also bought a handful of packs. On the one hand its really nice seeing all those new icons, but I go into BB and think Good grief, where to start?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    My sims often stop whatever they're doing just to go look at a piece of furniture. I have to wait for them to finish and requeue their action list. Anyone else have this in their game? I think the solution is to not select any preferences in decorations. It happens often and it's irritating.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    totally random.... but when they were showcasing the Laundry Day Stuff pack, I could've sworn they showed and advertised the end tables that came with the pack auto stacking on eachother... but they do not in the game. I know the washer and dryer do, but was certain the other items did as well :D
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member

I didn't play for a handful of years and I started again back end of last year, so I have all the updates that have taken place over those years and have also bought a handful of packs. On the one hand its really nice seeing all those new icons, but I go into BB and think Good grief, where to start?

I've said this before but I would DIE if we got an option to exclude/hide specific items. There's so much stuff I would never use, especially in the clutter/misc catalogs. Same with CAS, so much clothing I would never use, and haven't used.
    Happiness is having a whole day ahead of you with nothing to do but play the Sims. 😊
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    What's the best way to get new clients to show up on the DHD gig list? I keep getting the same list of sims for the gigs that aren't bugged.

I'd like makeover a small neighborhood like Forgotten Hollow, fill it with fixer upper houses and go the houses as the decorator. When I add sims to the houses does marking them as played or unplayed households give them a better chance of being on the gig list?l
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The Algorithm brought me some Bob today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzCxb3Mby4
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member

I've said this before but I would DIE if we got an option to exclude/hide specific items. There's so much stuff I would never use, especially in the clutter/misc catalogs. Same with CAS, so much clothing I would never use, and haven't used.

I wish so hard that they would just give us the option to "favorite" some items, and have them appear first in their category every time

Also, random question - when you have "laundry stuff" and/or you love laundry rooms, do you look for lots that have laundry rooms?
    Or do you add a laundry room to every lot; it doesn't matter if the lot comes with one or not?
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022

I wish so hard that they would just give us the option to "favorite" some items, and have them appear first in their category every time

Also, random question - when you have "laundry stuff" and/or you love laundry rooms, do you look for lots that have laundry rooms?
    Or do you add a laundry room to every lot; it doesn't matter if the lot comes with one or not?

I just add laundry facilities to any lot I like. With how washer/dryer can be stacked and you only need one hamper for the entire lot it's pretty simple to find a spot for them in even the smallest of houses. I only make an actual laundry "room" if there is enough space for it.
    My current house, for example, I put the laundry facilities in a tiny sitting area that is right outside the master bedroom. The tiny area was there in the lot (which is from the gallery), but originally it was just two chairs. Now it's a chair on one side and laundry on the other.
    09dd7c136786573a0a384cd62cfc665fec19d021.jpg

And I totally agree with your wish for favoriting of items in BB and CAS. I'd actually kill for the ability to make our own "catalogs" of specific items as well, like we had in uh... I think TS2.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The Algorithm brought me some Bob today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzCxb3Mby4

LOL@ "the algorithm"... so true! :D

And thanks for the musical trip down memory lane.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • KlttyWhiskersKlttyWhiskers Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes, this is happening to me a lot. It's very annoying. Sim will stop in the middle of cooking or whatever to go to the farthest room in the basement to look at a table. It's so annoying and time wasting. Can't we turn that off somehow??
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Does anyone know if they got rid of the Seaweed Ramen? I can't find it and my sim is maxed in Cooking and Gourmet Cooking, and as far as I remember it wasn't a locked recipe.
    edited January 2022
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they got rid of the Seaweed Ramen? I can't find it and my sim is maxed in Cooking and Gourmet Cooking, and as far as I remember it wasn't a locked recipe.

It's showing up for me.

yjGrmDq.png

Do you have the simple living lot trait enabled?
    I don't but i've never had it enabled before but ill try and see if it comes up.
    I'm pretty sure it is the same as the city living recipes, your sim has to eat it once to learn how to make it. It isn't available in any of the households that I play either except for the one that has had a few vacations.
    Enabled even took them off the lot and I still don't see it.
    Is your game older or newer? I started this one fairly recently.
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Enabled even took them off the lot and I still don't see it.
    Is your game older or newer? I started this one fairly recently.

Has your Sim eaten it yet? I'm pretty darn sure all of the recipes from that pack require a Sim eat them once to learn the recipe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top