Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World packs?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
Would you like a pack dedicated for a world with small but specific CAS, gameplay and B/B?

Like in TS3, a World Pack can be an way to have more worlds, specially based in real life countries or regions without sacrifice a Game Pack for occults for example.

Neither Kits or SP can handle a world.
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I like the idea, sounds good!
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    I like the idea, sounds good!

For example:

Mediterranean Europe can adds pizza oven, scuba diving and nectar making

Egypt can add pottery, snake charming and mummies

Scandinavia can add dragons, mead making and slap dance
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Would you like a pack dedicated for a world with small but specific CAS and B/B?

Like in TS3, a World Pack can be an way to have more worlds, specially based in real life countries or regions without sacrifice a Game Pack for occults for example.

I'd most likely welcome a world pack, but only if it were not based on specific real-world countries. An aggregate form of inspiration from our world would be fine, but not specifics directly from real-life stuff of any kind.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • kad1116akad1116a Posts: 12 New Member
    YES!!
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes please!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I would’ve preferred world packs over kits tbh
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Depends on the size of the world if the world was small and had less than 20 lots it would be just more of the same in which I have no interest of having I'd rather just stick with what we have and equally dislike it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    These are the World Packs that I would love in Sims 4:
    Bridgeport
    Dragon Valley
    Egypt
    France
    Hidden Springs
    Moonlight Falls
    Oasis Landing
    Roaring Heights
    Sunlit Tides

• ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    I'd love them to do all the countries with all the based Sims in there! Would do that and replace the set worlds right now.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    I actually wouldn't mind having world kits, even if they were made up of just base game material! If new gameplay was presented, it would be understandable for those to be GPs or EPs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Would you like a pack dedicated for a world with small but specific CAS and B/B?

In a word yes.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I would certainly buy world packs!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    What we really need are more urban worlds. The question is if those would require CL or be stand-alone.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member

I don't think the team would ever do this. But I WOULD LOVE this idea!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member

Yes I would a world pack! 🌍😊🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Bridgeport
    Dragon Valley
    Egypt
    France
    Hidden Springs
    Moonlight Falls
    Oasis Landing
    Roaring Heights
    Sunlit Tides

Desiderata Valley and Riverblossom Hills from TS2
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think worlds would be more useful than some of the kits we've had. I would love a city world with a huge beach front area, like Rio de Janeiro or Miami. Also an alpine world with hills and mountains to trek on but with seasonal snow. And a bike track for mountain biking.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Bridgeport
    Dragon Valley
    Egypt
    France
    Hidden Springs
    Moonlight Falls
    Oasis Landing
    Roaring Heights
    Sunlit Tides

I'd go for Dragon Valley revamped for Sims 4, but I'd want them to add swordplay since we have the function in the game for the acting career now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    Scandinavia can add dragons, mead making and slap dance

Slap dance?!? I am from Sweden and I had to look it up. It's definitely not Scandinavian it's from Bavaria and Tyrol - ie. southern Germany! We don't make much mead anymore either, but at least I can see where the idea comes from.

As for dragons I get why people want them, but I would never want to add occult element to a culture/world pack. Also I think dragons would need at least a GP to be done with any kind of fairness.

A Scandinavian pack could add winter swimming in lakes with outdoor saunas close by, midsummer celebrations with dance around the may pole (with new holiday traditions that match the activities) and smorgasbord as a grand meal! I would also like some Sami representation in a Scandinavian kit. And of course some iconic Scandinavian furniture.

I also wouldn't care if they actually came with a world or not, just the items and the cultural elements would be fine for me. I'd rather have in depth cultural elements than a small world with just a few lots and just a handful of objects, though obviously new worlds are fun too.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I would certainly buy world packs!

I don't see any reason why it can't be stand alone. Would absolutely love more urban worlds also
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(