Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a search bar in B/B? Can’t find a certain nightlight…

Hello! :smile:
I was playing Sims 3 again, and a bunch of my Sims children (6 kids in a big household) got scared by a monster under the bed and none of the kids could sleep, so I’ve been trying to find the Defender night light to get rid of the monster.

I tried and tried, but I couldn’t find that one Defender one. After a long time of constant clicking on all of the lights, I managed to only find a small night light, but it wasn’t the bigger Defender one that I saw in screenshots from the older forums.

Is there a search bar for B/B? Or, what pack is Defender night light from, so maybe I can filter by pack? I tried searching wall light, but I still couldn’t find it. I tried searching kids section, but still couldn’t find it.

(This could be one of those moments when I am too used to some of Sims 4 features that I forget past games may not have certain features, lol.)
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Unfortunately no. What you can do is google the light name and it will say what pack it’s from.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    No, the only way is to sit and wait for everything to load and scroll.

"Man, there's a LOT of stuff in Miscellaneous Items - maybe I'll make a cup of coffee and come back in about fifteen minutes..."
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It might be easier to just get each of the kids to ask one of their parents, or a teen sibling, to protect them. Once an older sim has promised to protect them, they will get in bed and go to sleep.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Unfortunately no. What you can do is google the light name and it will say what pack it’s from.
    Ah, so it doesn’t, aww. I’m too spoiled in this department, lol, haha! 😄

Oh, well, hehe. Okay, I’ll google and look up the name and pack of the other nightlight. I couldn’t find the bigger nightlight, even after scrolling through so many lights. Maybe when the menu folds open, I missed it when scrolling down.

Thank you for letting me know and the advice, @Astro ! :smile:
    No, the only way is to sit and wait for everything to load and scroll.

"Man, there's a LOT of stuff in Miscellaneous Items - maybe I'll make a cup of coffee and come back in about fifteen minutes..."
    Lol! 😄

I guess Sims 4 has spoiled me so much. I’m thinking how I was able to play without some these types of tools and features in the past, hehe.

For some reason, I can’t seem to find the bigger nightlight, but maybe I’m scrolling too fast, lol. 🙂

I’ll keep looking for it or try another option…

Thanks for the answer and encouragement/advice, @Nikkei_Simmer ! :smile:
    (She/her)
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    It might be easier to just get each of the kids to ask one of their parents, or a teen sibling, to protect them. Once an older sim has promised to protect them, they will get in bed and go to sleep.

Oh, I’ll try this in the meantime, then! Thanks for the advice, @IreneSwift ! 🤗👍

I was googling and it seems a couple of simmers said that having double-beds would get rid of monsters entirely, as only children’s beds and bunk beds have the monsters. Is this still true?
    (She/her)
    I think using the bed that you stick a "desk" under has enough space that the monsters can't really get underneath. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    I think using the bed that you stick a "desk" under has enough space that the monsters can't really get underneath. :D
    Oh, interesting! Will have to look into that, if I don’t have room for double beds.
    (She/her)
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Since when did Sims 3 have the monster under the bed? Some people making some things up to promote 4 I think.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    edited January 2022
    Since when did Sims 3 have the monster under the bed? Some people making some things up to promote 4 I think.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Monsters_under_bed

There you go. All the information you could ever want to learn about this.

Monsters under the bed came with the Sims 3 Supernatural EP.

The "Coolala Defender Light" is only for the Sims 4. If I recall correctly - it's been a while since I've had "child-sims" in my game - the Sims 3 Sim ends up having to wait for the moodlet to wear off or...well...that's the way it went back then. :D Poor kidlet's gonna have a case of insomnia.

Kid: "Mommy, I don't wanna go to sleep...there's a big monster under my bed..."
    Mommy: "What he's back again? I told him to go sleep under Darwin's bed tonight..."
    Kid: "??????"

My real-life kids really love me. Thank god, they're high-schoolers and the oldest has graduated. They survived Dad's twisted sense of humour.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited January 2022

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Monsters_under_bed

There you go. All the information you could ever want to learn about this.

Monsters under the bed came with the Sims 3 Supernatural EP.

The "Coolala Defender Light" is only for the Sims 4. If I recall correctly - it's been a while since I've had "child-sims" in my game - the Sims 3 Sim ends up having to wait for the moodlet to wear off or...well...that's the way it went back then. :D Poor kidlet's gonna have a case of insomnia.

Kid: "Mommy, I don't wanna go to sleep...there's a big monster under my bed..."
    Mommy: "What he's back again? I told him to go sleep under Darwin's bed tonight..."
    Kid: "??????"

My real-life kids really love me. Thank god, they're high-schoolers and the oldest has graduated. They survived Dad's twisted sense of humour.

Lol, hehe! 😄
    Ah, so Defender was Sims 4. I must have gotten into the the wrong forums when I googled monster under the bed solutions, whoopsies.

And, thank you for showing the wiki link. Because it shows that I am NOT making this stuff up, just confused with the nightlight names.

This was the first time in a long time in seeing the monster. Maybe because most of my sim kids slept in their parents’ double bed, lol.

My poor sims children. All 6 sims in the household were too scared to go back to sleep the whole night and they had school later that morning. I didn’t see a comfort option from the mom, though? Maybe it’s something the child has to ask the parent for?

I will check out your wiki link to see if there is more info on that. Thank you, @Nikkei_Simmer ! :smile:
    (She/her)
    I'm not sure if the "comfort option" is something that is trait-based or what. Perhaps evil and mean-spirited sims may not have that "comfort option" - but it should pop up if any of the other traits are in play...excluding those two.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2022
    Loft beds or upper bunk beds are safe. I think, of the normal base game beds, the emoti-cot (the one with the drawers) should be safe, or at least I never had a monster underneath that one. I guess it's too low. The one that looks like a boat (from the store I guess) is also fine.

Normally, it isn't such a big deal though (not nearly as annoying as the Sims4 version). For the most part, I just cancel the action if I notice it. If I miss it, the scared kid gets an upper bunk that night. At least in my experience, it's always just one of the kids that develops that specific habit to look under beds.
    edited January 2022
    I'm not sure if the "comfort option" is something that is trait-based or what. Perhaps evil and mean-spirited sims may not have that "comfort option" - but it should pop up if any of the other traits are in play...excluding those two.
    I never used those particular traits, so maybe the mom got interrupted by a task or something bugged.

The kids ran out of the actual house when they got scared by the monster, which startled me, so perhaps I had interrupted their requests for comfort when I had the single mom call all of the kids back inside, lol. 😄

Or!! Maybe I need to update some mods. It’s been a long while since I played Sims 3, so I need to check all of my mods anyway. 🙂👍
    Turjan wrote: »
    Loft beds or upper bunk beds are safe. I think, of the normal base game beds, the emoti-cot (the one with the drawers) should be safe, or at least I never had a monster underneath that one. I guess it's too low. The one that looks like a boat (from the store I guess) is also fine.

Normally, it isn't such a big deal though (not nearly as annoying as the Sims4 version). For the most part, I just cancel the action if I notice it. If I miss it, the scared kid gets an upper bunk that night. At least in my experience, it's always just one of the kids that develops that specific habit to look under beds.

I really hated that monster feature in Sims 4! I always had night lights or the children slept in double beds, lol.

Some of my Sim adults and Sims kids (in Sims 3) tend to be brave, so maybe that affects the rate of being scared as well? It must have been a rare occurrence, because I totally forgot Sims 3 had this monster thing.

I finally found the night light and put dozens around the kids’ beds, lol. (There are about 6-7 kids in the same household with a single mom.)

Thanks for letting me know about the loft beds and emoti-cot being safe! I’ll probably replace the bunks with those or assign top bunks only.

It’s been so long since I saw a monster scare in Sims 3, that I guess I forgot it even occurred. I had several families, and I really don’t remember having this monster scare in the past. I must have been lucky, hehe! 😁

What’s even more funny and weird is that Supernatural was my second pack ever for Sims 3 (after my first pack, Island Paradise), and I used it a lot, and I have never seen this monster thing before! 😆

It was pretty annoying encountering this situation with 6-7 sims children almost all at the same time, lol. And at like very early in the morning (around 1 or 2 am?), too, before school. Poor sleepy kids and poor single mom! 😅

Hopefully I can stop this from happening again, lol. I think I should be to. I really don’t remember this happening to me in Sims 3 before.

In Sims 4, it happened way too often, though, lol! 😬 (Before I discovered the night light and remembered to turn it on.)
    (She/her)
    I get the feeling that "monster scares" are like meteors (another lovely little Sims 3 event) - they rarely happen, but when they do, they're memorable.

I deliberately keep my sims paranoid.
    Screenshot-85.jpg
    Screenshot-184.jpg
    Was that three meteors... Ooops. I only meant to send one... my bad.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2022
    @LatinaBunny You're welcome. Always keep in mind you can reassign beds. The kids aren't afraid to sleep in beds where other kids found monsters, they just don't want to sleep where they found them themselves. This means that bunk beds are never a real problem, because you can just switch the kids around.
    Turjan wrote: »
    @LatinaBunny You're welcome. Always keep in mind you can reassign beds. The kids aren't afraid to sleep in beds where other kids found monsters, they just don't want to sleep where they found them themselves. This means that bunk beds are never a real problem, because you can just switch the kids around.

Oh, really?? 😀 That would help so much! Thank you for letting me know all of these solutions! I’m glad there are multiple ways to dealing with this monster business. :smile: Now I can just go back to relaxing with my Sims 3 save now that I got multiple solutions to solve this problem. Now I can enjoy my game without worries again! (I just have to update some mods, but I’m so glad!)

Thank you so much, folks! 🤗❤️👍
    (She/her)
    I get the feeling that "monster scares" are like meteors (another lovely little Sims 3 event) - they rarely happen, but when they do, they're memorable.

I deliberately keep my sims paranoid.
    Screenshot-85.jpg
    Screenshot-184.jpg
    Was that three meteors... Ooops. I only meant to send one... my bad.

Oh, I remembered when I was shocked by the death of a Sim in Sims 2 or Sims 3 (?), when a random satellite fell and killed my sim who was just chilling outside and looking at the sky, lol! 😄
    (She/her)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I thought monsters under the bed were from Generations. But then, for a long time I thought meteors were from Seasons, until one hit the school where my teen was, when I didn't have Seasons. I could have gotten her out of there, but I didn't think there were meteors in my game, so even though I could see the shadow and thought it looked like a meteor's shadow should look like, I was too confused do anything and she was killed, along with all the students still inside the school.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I thought monsters under the bed were from Generations. But then, for a long time I thought meteors were from Seasons, until one hit the school where my teen was, when I didn't have Seasons. I could have gotten her out of there, but I didn't think there were meteors in my game, so even though I could see the shadow and thought it looked like a meteor's shadow should look like, I was too confused do anything and she was killed, along with all the students still inside the school.

I totally forgot I had Generations, too! It’s been so long, lol. 😄
    (She/her)