Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER for doing all those containers for us! I can’t wait to start this challenge! ☺️☺️☺️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    You’re most welcome @pammiechick i an excited to see how they will be used
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Question about the contents of the containers- if we sell some items we don't plan on using, can we use that money on top of the 22k?
    h87xNtp.jpg
    Yes @HEW310 you can keep all the value of your container.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Great work on the containers @JojoMOMSTER :)
    Yes @HEW310 you can keep all the value of your container.

So we don't need to use everything in the container ? :D
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    So, I'm assuming that the 2K for the room doesn't include the stuff in the container that I select? :)
    4kkjdXo.png

I have a problem, I have just finished my build but it says it's originally built by @JojoMOMSTER and I don't know how to change it. :(
    edited January 2022
    I won’t worry about it @abelhinha35 but I’m excited to see what you came up with 😃
    Did you save the container as a room and place it or just delete the other 20 you didn’t need? That might be it.

@coolsim9999999 you can empty the container, change walls, floors, windows, doors, lights and add the items for making money. When you upload to the gallery as a room the room cost cannot exceed 2000

Thanks a lot @JojoMOMSTER :)! I'll do it that way.
    4kkjdXo.png

• xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    FORUM ID: xXQueenBeeXx
    ORIGIN ID: XxXQueenBeeXx
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cordelia's Secret Cottage
    NEW LOT LINK: Overgrown Bliss
    LOT COST: 1925
    GALLERY COST: 29,100
    Container Cost: 11,709
    TOTAL COST: 19,316
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/0AV3h8C
    ENTRY DETAILS: I aimed to have as many plants be by the garden loving couple! I opted to have their money maker be a cross between selling flowers and bouquets. I decided to have their home be colorful; however, I tried my best to keep it from going over the top. Especially, in the bedroom as I wanted most of the colors to be more neutral overall.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    Pictures:

nE2AVjS

E1RCvlC
    I won’t worry about it @abelhinha35 but I’m excited to see what you came up with 😃
    Did you save the container as a room and place it or just delete the other 20 you didn’t need? That might be it.

@coolsim9999999 you can empty the container, change walls, floors, windows, doors, lights and add the items for making money. When you upload to the gallery as a room the room cost cannot exceed 2000

Thanks for the reply, yes I deleted the ones I didn't use and did not save it as a room :D
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    @xXQueenBeeXx
    1. It's beautiful! ♥
    2. I'll show you where I'm now with the building. You will see why I say that: these two are so similar that I’d rather stop building it now OMG :D

M9OiXgQ.jpg
    bvd2DSn.png

• xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    @Jazmi1396 I think yours is different enough from mine! It looks good so far too! Thanks for the compliment as well! :smiley:
    @Jazmi1396 Please finish you house, it's a lovely start. I understand the shock of viewing this thread and seeing almost an imposter ;) build. I would have been a bit startled too.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2022
    CHALLENGE #157 - Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID:pammiechick
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bellington Boathouse
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C53114E26FD411EC868A2F6BDDF4AE3F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 20,482
    TOTAL COST: 21,982
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/gOtSzM3

***NOTE*** I didn't realize we didn't have to count the container into our budget so my budget is $13000 lower than it should have been but I'm not redoing it since I like how low cost the build is for my followers. :smile:

I created the container space for Sally's vlogging about knitting and gardening. The gardening area is inside the container as I placed a clear roof to let the sun in. The lot has a nice pond in between the home and the container with cool lanterns lighting the night and shimmering in the water. There's a few balconies for the couple to enjoy the view. I had to delete a few of the items in the container to keep within budget and I wish I had those now, but oh well! Next time I won't be so quick on the brief and see what others are doing. Lol!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

GOwagYr.png

rBkBiDb.png

iTvMKZ8.jpg
    FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 BUILD NAME: Livin in the woods
    GALLERY: Link
    LOT COST: 2 000
    CONTAINER COST: 11 709
    GALLERY COST: 31 701
    BUILD COST: 21 992
    SLIDESHOW: Link

NB: I saved the container from @JojMonster as a lot so my build says that it is original by @JojoMOMSTER, but that build was built by me. :)

I made a workshop/greenhouse with the container that Sally's parents sponsored. I was also able to use 80% of the furnishing. I built this lot in Brindleton Bay, for relaxation and creative surroundings.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!

PICTURES

Mf1s5Ia.png

EiZT0dh.png

dqMTN6O.png
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    We can change the wall height of the containers, right?
    I did @Archer_Girl --- so I hope we can :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    @Archer_Girl of course
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    FORUM ID: Lissykin
    ORIGIN ID: Lissykin
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 BUILD NAME: Home Business Haven
    GALLERY: Link
    LOT COST: 1,500
    CONTAINER COST: 11,709
    GALLERY COST: 24,195
    BUILD COST: 22,347
    SLIDESHOW: Link
    This home offers many ways to earn simoleons; paint, write, make candles, take photos, can goods, cross-stitch, and of course, garden. All of the plants are spliced based on season and are perfect.

Hi! I'm super new to this challenge, and I accidentally denied myself some budget. Oops! lol It's a plain house, but it's efficient. :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

PICTURES
    haO6JV.png
    lpXkxp.png
    WVEkIR.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #156 - Home for Winterfest
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #156 - Home for Winterfest

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    Is there a list somewhere of the contents of each container or pictures of each one? It's hard to see what's in them just from looking at the gallery images and I don't have every pack, so some items got removed or replaced when I placed the lot. I'd love to replace the missing items with similar ones if possible.
  • ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    Forgot to include this in my previous post, but I also don't know which items got automatically replaced and what they got replaced with when I placed the lot. I think a bunch of the beds got replaced with the Mod Pod Sleeper and Mod Pod Twin Sleeper since I see those in the default swatch in 4 of the containers and it looks pretty different from what I can see in the lot images on the gallery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top