Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlights January 7th - A year on The Sims Forums

EA_MariEA_Mari Posts: 206 EA Community Manager
January 7th- Friday Highlights

🥂 Happy New Year Simmers! 🥂

Welcome to our first 2022 Friday Highlights and we hope you all had a great start of this new year.

jaafmvhtn1i8.png
Screenshot of @haneul's legacy Sims enjoying the holiday with family, eating and then music and dance- posted here.

Todays Highlights will feature a recap of What Happened in 2021 and I'm very excited to reminisce some of our best moments, so here we go:

• On February 4th, The Sims™ has completed 21 years old. "Sure, we’re remembering 21 years of reticulating splines and WooHooing, of missing pool ladders and neighbours who just walk into your house. But it’s not just about us. It’s about you, our community. You make this game what it is today—sometimes literally—and so, as we celebrated the games birthday, we have also celebrated you!" Please, take a moment to revisit our 21st Birthday Blog post here 🎉

• Let's take a moment to remember the International Women's Day (March 8th) and how we have celebrated all the amazing women out there, their experiences, and achievements. Here is our great Women Make The Sims Every Day blog post in which we have gotten to know some of the wonderful women Simmers in this awesome community. :blush:

• Last May we've seen our Sims chill with the beautiful *Courtyard Oasis* Kit release :smile: and we have selected this thread created by @Justin: "Share your oasis builds!" so we can remember all the astonishing buildings posted by our community since the kit was released. If you have something that hasn't been shared there yet, feel free to do so!

• On July 2nd, I have posted my first Highlights ever ( I remember being so excited and nervous at the same time :D ) and exactly that week we've announced the in-game music festival that took place inside The Sims 4 from June 29th to July 7th. We've got to see Bebe Rexha singing sabotage in Simlish, not to mention all the stunning screenshots shared by our simmers in the thread created by @simgirl1010: "Sim sessions screenshots".

Then, on July 22nd was Cottage Living launch and we were all so hyped to meet our animal friends (anyone said Llama?) 🦙 Here's a thread created by @SimTrippy for us to admire some of the 'awesim' Cottage Living builds: "Share your Cottage Living builds!"

• On August 3rd we had a special Inside Maxis Livestream featuring the first "Community Spotlight" focused on our forum & community. With stories our forum members have shared here, and one of our AHQ heroes being called out. 💜

On that following week we've welcomed our lovely Community Manager, @EA_Cade, and we were so happy to have him onboard :star:. In case you guys want to know a bit more about our Sims crew, check our 'Meet your sims team!' thread.

Then finally, on August 24th, we've got a brand new 'Industrial Loft Kit' and I could not fail to feature the fabulous 'Quirky Industrial Loft' built by @luckyheather

• Do you guys remember the Spa Day Refresh free update? It happened on September 7th and our fellow simmers were flexing their stiletto here: "Spa day refresh picture thread" 💅

• The Sims 4 #BloomingRoomsKit was released in November 9th 🌿, then on the 23rd we had 'The Sims 4 Neighborhood Stories Blog' posted here.

• On December 1st we had 'The Sims 4 - Find your Sim-Selves' Blog Release and one day after, we released the Modern Menswear kit. Head on over to the screenshot thread here to see those new looks posted by our community.

Father Winter has delivered the new holiday items on the 15th. 🎁

Last but not least, on December 22nd, we have announced the '12 Days of Simsmas best of version' and you guys can check
    this thread featuring the most popular challenges from the past 4 years :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this retrospective. I'm sure that I might have missed something so if you remember anything that happened in 2021 worth being mentioned here, feel free to leave it in the comments below.

Once again, I hope you all have a fantastic New Year and cheers to health, happiness, and prosperity in 2022!

Also, should there be a discussion or thread that you feel should be featured in the Friday Highlights, just send it my way! I already have a few suggestions in my inbox and I will try to see if I can fit them for next week's Highlights.

Have a wonderful weekend and treat yourselves! :heart:
- Mari

Post edited by EA_Mari on

Comments