Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    happy new year. i have to work today so i missed it by20 minutes, but i also missed noel and laurens anversary. i think i started writing the benders new years eve 2015.

Happy New Year, Sis! Hope you're all getting ready for a great 2022!

I'm going to having a new photo in the religion page of my SimLit
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    happy new year. i have to work today so i missed it by20 minutes, but i also missed noel and laurens anversary. i think i started writing the benders new years eve 2015.

Happy New Year, Sis! Hope you're all getting ready for a great 2022!

well it started with yelling so far lol the customers act like its my fault they need masks a gain its statewide mandate. not only that but if they look i'm wering one too.. sorry sis the benders keep me ftom whining i was to tired to write i usually do which stops posts like this . but its simple wear a mask or die.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I thought I'd finally get round to updating the Parker Saga (not touched it, writing-a-chapter-wise, since OCTOBER) but Imgur is being stoopid :| . So I'm just writing the text and will add the screenshots later.
    edited January 2022
    new pictures of the family Madgrial

BIoxF0Y.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

Happy belated Benders Eve, @friendsfan367! :p
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Happy New Year everyone... new year, new story. Sort of. I started this one last year, but I'm finally posting chapters. Enjoy! This is part of my Stardew Remixed story (a retelling of gameplay and a worldbuilding expansion of the delightful game, Stardew Valley).

GP8I9j3.png

A heart condition. That’s what the doc said all those years ago. That’s what claimed her mama’s life. Daniela Jackson swiped at a tear as she recalled Joanna’s last moments. One minute she was arguing with her mother about hemlines that were too short and the next? Her mama was on the floor… and in the outdoors department too. No dignity in that. Face down on the cold and unforgiving tile while morbidly curious customers gathered round, whispering in shock and awe. Twenty minutes later, an ambulance arrived finally. Two hours later, she slipped into a coma. Two days later, she was gone. Like the constant changing of leaves with the seasons, death was inevitable, but her mother’s death came all too soon for a frightened, confused fifteen-year-old.

Continue reading Prologue, Pt. 2: Life Before Farmer on WordPress.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Happy New Year!

This is a different sort of chapter for me. It's a little darker. It's no secret that my protagonist isn't great, but I guess I decided to take some risks and ruin the tone of his redemption arc.
    It's Going to Be a Wild Ride
    mFBQpqe.jpg
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Happy New Year and the first instalment of Sim 66 for 2022. It's Neil's bachelor party but something's not right with Jeremy...Chapter 139: Those Wedding Bells Are Breaking Up That Old Gang Of Mine

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2022/01/chapter-139-those-wedding-bells-are.html

LSWMmOa.png
    Happy New Year and the first instalment of Sim 66 for 2022. It's Neil's bachelor party but something's not right with Jeremy...Chapter 139: Those Wedding Bells Are Breaking Up That Old Gang Of Mine

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2022/01/chapter-139-those-wedding-bells-are.html

LSWMmOa.png

i thought you liked them why are you breaking up the gang? sorry you set the joke up. and i have to start the benders yet again cause the genetics are off. they don't look mixed anymore well the kids anyway.
    It's all to do with the brainwashing of Jeremy...

thank you,
    edited January 2022
    Hey everyone, 2 more chapters for my Stardew Valley story.

Here are two of my favorite images from these two chapters...
    1iEpqcv.png
    8nvzmkD.png

Find the links for Prologue, Pt. 3 and 4 here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    MadameLee wrote: »

BIoxF0Y.jpg

@MadameLee Love that lot! Or is it multiple lots? Is it custom? Did you make it yourself?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    ok i started the benders again but ihad the triplets age to toddlers so i could see what color they were so now i need a prologe i think thats what its called where i try and tell what happened before the story starts. never wrote one before. so what does it usuaally contain information wise?
    MadameLee wrote: »

BIoxF0Y.jpg

@MadameLee Love that lot! Or is it multiple lots? Is it custom? Did you make it yourself?

it's not my lot, it's from the gallery and no its not custom. I just downloaded a 64x64 lot after I typed in Encanto in the gallery.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    they/them or she/her
    edited January 2022
    OK, so I have a little question relating to my story.

The next chapter of the Parker Saga is going to cover Joshua’s first counselling session. It’s proving somewhat difficult to write! I’m not sure how much depth to go into. I have had counselling myself but don’t remember the first session. There’s no specific incident that Joshua wants to discuss, he mainly wants to explore his feelings about his childhood. I feel like, as a first session, it should be quite general and give a basic overview, with future sessions maybe focusing on specifics.

Well, there’s not really a specific question… I guess it’s mainly “I’m not sure what an initial counselling session would involve, what should I include?” kind of thing. I’m not planning for it to involve any specific kind of therapy e.g. CBT, it’d be more of a general “talking therapy” sort of thing. Joshua doesn’t have any specific condition such as anxiety or depression, just feelings he wants to explore.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    An opening question from the counsellor could be "why do you think you're here?"
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Lucy_Henley
    I went to a group talking therapy ‘light’ thing back in 2017 (pro-tip guys, don’t do what I did and not follow up- if you have access to good therapy and need it, please consider going, you deserve to be helped.) It wasn’t heavy stuff so I might be able to help!

When I got the follow up call after the group therapy because they thought I could benefit from 1 on 1, I didn’t go any further than that but It was similar to what Kellogg said. They ask you what specific things you want to work on (for me, that was brought up by the end of the call). I went to a GP about mental health and got referred, so you could have the character do that. If it’s not something you want to tackle just yet, you can have him on a waiting list possibly. There is also the in game ‘sadness hotline’ the character can call.

They didn’t really ask me ‘how do you feel about that?’ or anything, at least not very often because they sort of let you come to your own conclusion first about how a certain situation makes you feel. First thing they asked about was things like family, home situation etc. They did actually bring up childhood. A lot of my responses were ‘I don’t know actually…’ which was when she had to try and jog a response from me as subtly as possible because I’m a melt… :p

I did a ‘light’ CBT-based group therapy thing just before that, (I know you said you didn’t want to do a specific therapy but I just wanted to be specific about it for clarity’s sake) so that’s another idea you could have to make it a group session. It’s not awkward, you don’t have to share your name or anything. You all speak when you feel you have something to say and there’s a lot of ‘yeah I get exactly what you mean…’ from the rest of the group going around to drive the conversation. They get you all talking about the way you respond to certain situations, and then from there we were given different ways to approach a situation in healthier ways.

I remember there being a sheet to fill out as well with 1 to 10 severity measurements on certain feelings, or it would be from ‘not at all’ to ‘all the time’ (for example, it would say like ‘I often feel overwhelmed’ and you tick off how often you felt that way. After that you eventually got ‘scored’ on how likely it was you may have been dealing with anxiety/depression and the severity, and then ideas for next steps beyond that- for your character it could be 1 on 1 or sent to more group sessions. From my rather limited understanding, CBT seems to be one of the most common ways to treat potential mild/moderate anxiety and depression, so it’s worth having a dig into.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
    This is useful advice! Now to get down to writing…
    no work tomorrow heres the odd part mom went in to my job and said i need tomorrow off. usually she says i hope your working.
    The therapy chapter is finally done!
    Chapter Four A: Where It All Began

Windenburg was a quaint little town not far from Henford-on-Bagley. The little timber-framed bungalow in the Windslar neighbourhood looked cosy, which Joshua found reassuring.
    In answer to his knock, a woman with dark brown curly hair came to the door.
    "Hi, I'm Ayesha," she said. "You must be... Joshua Parker, is that right?"
    "Yeah, that's me."
    "Come on in."

yLgK7Tb.jpg

Although Joshua had never been to counselling before, he guessed that the room was decorated pretty typically. Blue was the predominant colour, no doubt chosen for its calming nature. There was even a little box of tissues on the coffee table. Joshua didn't know if he'd need them or not.
    "So... you've come from Henford-on-Bagley, yes?" Ayesha asked.
    "I have. But I grew up in Del Sol Valley."
    "Ok," Ayesha said, scribbling in her notebook. "This is just a question for diversity monitoring purposes, but can I ask if you're an occult?"
    "Yes," Joshua replied. "I'm a Spellcaster. But I wasn't born one, I underwent the Rite of Ascension as a teenager."
    "Right," Ayesha nodded. "Are you married?"
    "Yes," Joshua said, and Ayesha noticed the smile creeping onto his face. "We've got four daughters, two sets of twins. The oldest set just became teenagers."
    "Do you have a job?"
    "Yes, I'm a mechanical engineer."

q2WW5n8.jpg

The rest is available on the thread: url=https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994833/the-parker-saga#latest

Thing is that, as this is only a forum thread and not a separate blog, I can only do links to the latest post. So when I add new posts, the above link won't link to Chapter 4A anymore. I could turn it into a blog on Blogger, with a different URL to the Magical Mastersons and Sulani at Heart Stories.

This is just a short chapter. The reason it's 4B is because the action took place around the same time as the therapy session.
    Chapter Four B: Spellcasting and Scouting

Now that they were teenagers, Hazel and Lydia were keen to learn some spells. They knew they could get to the Magic Realm with their Glimmerstones, but they felt it would be more fun to go through the Portal in Glimmerbrook.
    "You ready?" Lydia asked.
    "Of course! I was BORN ready!" Hazel grinned.

NL1SFYc.jpg

Once in the Realm, the twins split up. Hazel decided to practise some Practical magic, and Lydia went inside the HQ building to see if she could learn a potion recipe.

0qJDDe3.jpg
    rAR1Ega.jpg

The next morning, Lydia decided to try and make breakfast... but ended up starting a fire.
    "Ha ha, you're in trouble," Hazel grinned.
    "She isn't," Emily said. "It can happen to anyone, and we can easily replace the burnt stuff."
    "I was trying to be helpful by making breakfast for everyone," Lydia sighed. "I guess I need more practice."
    "That's OK, Lydia. If you'd like, I can help you next time you make something," Emily said soothingly.

yVlKRqZ.jpg

All four girls decided to work towards some Scout badges that afternoon, so they visited the Bramblewood and went fishing in the pond.
    "I hope there are some fish in here," Lydia said, gazing at all the leaves and algae in the pond.
    "Yeah, we might have better luck elsewhere," Hazel agreed. "I'm worried I might injure one of those ducks by mistake."

wPPSaPz.jpg

"Man, this is boring," Katie sighed. "Isn't there something else we can do for the Outdoor Adventurer badge?"
    "Well, we can't cook on grills yet," Clara replied. "We could go looking for frogs, though."

vQcy0nb.jpg

Hazel noticed that one of the solar panels was a little dirty.
    "Time for a little magic..." she muttered. "Scruberoo!"
    A shower of sparkles enveloped the solar panel, and it was clean again.
    "Wow! Awesome!" Hazel grinned. "Much quicker and more efficient than soap and water!"

9dWSjcX.jpg
    The therapy chapter is finally done!

The rest is available on the thread: url=https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994833/the-parker-saga#latest

Thing is that, as this is only a forum thread and not a separate blog, I can only do links to the latest post. So when I add new posts, the above link won't link to Chapter 4A anymore. I could turn it into a blog on Blogger, with a different URL to the Magical Mastersons and Sulani at Heart Stories.

@Lucy_Henley I'm just wondering have you tried creating a banner? Just take a picture of your simlit, and then crop it a bit, and then add the chapter and chapter's title in (and there's a ton of free fonts to use online if you use Windows!) The only extra thing you might need is Photoscape. Then you can upload it to Imgur (an image website) and then you [IMG}picture link[/IMG] I mean it does work for blogger don't know about other blogsites!

6adMCGP.gif
    I’ll try doing that. I use Imgur to post my screenshots onto the forum so I’m familiar with it at least. I’ll have a think about what’s best.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top