Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Yes, cold food vending machine has indeed random veggie per day :) Lotta is cute, I only showed her fast as a cgild at some point last year.
    --January - Day 6: "I'm a hot head, what's wrong with that?"
    Cale, not the way to greet people, I see you don't want to deal with them, but Damon and L surely did not want any harm.. You could of said it more nicely!
    Let the poor kitty meow! that cat was most likely wanting you to give a fish.. right for you to get that hit on your head :D
    So, another autograph, nice from Adam to give it to him.

@Llandros2012 ,
    Yes, I hop between aspirations :) , I am doing fishing and gardening one mainly, will start that athletic one too , most likely :)
    --Day 5 - January 5th
    Great pictures and congrats for reaching the summit :) !
    --Day 6 - January 6th
    And again in summit :) This time just two of them , nice :) Great place to do homework :smiley:

@LegacySims2017 ,
    Aww, you deleted poor Mayor! Haha I have often deleted all sims, but that cat stays :D
    --January 6: The Great Outdoors!
    Nice, promotion! And that tent looks comfy :)

@afai1261 ,
    Yes, Mayor seems to follow Sean for some reason :D BTW, did I guessed Hunter's mother right? It was some time ago , but I don't remember wether it was or not Elle?
    --January 6
    Aaron and Hunter make a cute couple :)
    --January 7
    Vampire lore is sometimes good to know, at least a little :) Nice to see other playesr sims there too :) YAY appletrees!

@permanentrose ,
    --January 6
    Lovely first pic :) Oh Jules, nice to see you too :) They seemed to have nice time in the slope, falling or not :)
    And very sweet moments on the statues :blush:
    --January 7
    Jules looks like Jules in that pic with those chopsticks :) Sledging, fun.. ooor not :D everyone keeps falling these days :)
    Lovely lightning in that later sledging pic :) Also I like their outfits, matching :)

@KateLynne ,
    -- 06.Jan.2022 - The one with the bugs...
    I say it again, she is very pretty sim :) She looks like enjoying fishing there? At least more than bugs :)

@miss_eulenauge ,
    Lotta is vampire yes, but she is kind vampire, I hope :D
    -- January, Day 6 - "A breath of fresh air..."
    Lovely picture :)

@SoulGal7 , B
    ummer! I hope you get your game working!!

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hello,
    finally managed to comment and reply. :)
    As others have also said: if you don't have the time to comment on my stuff that's totally okay! I really don't mind.
    For me exam season is quickly approaching and since I also work full time, I will probably also have less time to comment soon.
    I will do my best to do it as often as possible though since I really love the community aspect of this challenge. ^^

Comments:
    @lilypadmeulin
    Day 5
    I don't know why, but this update gave me all the cozy vibes. Glad that she is expanding her home!
    @Ellupelluellu
    Day 5
    lol, I loved how many people showed up, maybe Sean is a fishing trendsetter or s.th. :D
    Day 6
    What an eventful day! I love Sean's house. It looks so cozy.
    That mod sounds fun. I kind of miss it and also don't miss it. :')
    @miss_eulenauge
    Day 5
    I love the collection idea. That sounds like so much fun.
    It'll be a great way to remember the challenge by.
    Day 6
    Great to see Lucy smiling!
    @RememberJoy
    Day 5
    Yay a tent! :D
    And wow, his classes are filling up quickly!
    Day 6
    Adam is such a hussler, it's cool to see how dedicated he is. ^^
    Day 7
    Hey, at least Adam got some money after being insulted. Still kind of rude though.
    Poor him!
    @Karababy52
    Day 5
    Wow, I LOVE the first screenshots. The colours are just wow. <3
    I have to agree, the mountain is so darn pretty. I can't get enough of it either.
    I also really love Cale's cabin/shak. It looks super cozy.
    Day 6
    I think I've said it before, but I just love seeing last years sims or their relatives in the updates. So cool!
    And wow, Cale's autograph luck continues. ^^
    @SoulGal7
    Day 4
    Wow, what a lucky day! 16 autographs is a lot.
    Good plan on selling it after a few days.
    @Llandros2012
    Day 5
    Loved the screenshots on the mountain, smart of him to bring a tent!
    Great that he managed to get to the top!
    Haha, these two nerds are just so cute. I love that they brought their homework with them. :D
    @afai1261
    Day 6
    Loved your writing and the screenshots.
    Aaron and Hunter are so cute to watch. I think it's a great idea to add Wonderful Whims.
    Also wow, that Dango looks delicious! XD
    Day 7
    It's cool to see that he is interested in stuff like Hunter's lifestate. ^^
    The interaction between Robin and Keisha looked funny xD Everyone seemed to be angry or sad that day. :')
    The sentiment was so cute though!
    @LegacySims2017
    Day 6
    Congrats to D.J. on his promotion! Whoop whoop!
    Also that Snowpal looks so cute - even if it isn't a masterpiece!
    @permanentrose
    Day 6
    The screenshots of them falling down were hilarious.
    I also love Robin and Aimi. They are so cute.
    The serial romantic aspiration seems like a lot of fun though.
    Day 7
    The sledding pictures are so cute! I love the lighting and the colours.
    @Skeilah
    I love how cozy all your screenshots are. It really brings me joy. ^^

Replies:

@IllusoryThrall
    Glad to see you around, I remember a little bit of Jaz from my lurking last year. Hope your relaunch and everything goes well!
    Who knows, maybe you can join at a later date again with Jaz?
    @permanentrose
    Aw, that'd be fun! I still have to add all the challenge sims. I should have enough time this weekend. ^^
    I used to have reshade, but my current pc sadly is too slow for it.
    Since I miss it I usually just play around in photoshop.
    Nothing major though. ^^
    @Ellupelluellu
    That's a cool goal! Makes the challenge more fun. ^^
    I think Moira recognized her since Morgan has been talking to Kenzie more.
    Or she's just in it for the gossip. I am thinking of incorporating Kenzie's parents in Windenburg, so that story would definitely fit!
    Thank you again. :3 Kenzie actually got fishing as a "like" after a few minutes of fishing. Kind of funny!
    @Karababy52
    Yay, more Maralyn! :D
    I've been taking it slow on the money making side as well. I really want to take my time (at least this month).
    I think it makes the game more fun that way. ^^
    Kenzie actually started playing chess on her own. I welcome any and all skill building, but I try not to initiate it too often to give myself more of a challenge.
    @LegacySims2017
    That's a really great idea. I've been thinking about turning on aging for the last month of each lifestage in order for my Sims to age up, but I might need to go in and do some of the culling myself as well ^^
    And so true, it would be so cool to have the selfies. It would look so cute!
    And yeah, those bugs really weren't a great moment for her. :')
    She really should buy some bug repellent. ^^"
    I started in spring and it's already summer, so the cold hasn't been an issue yet.
    @miss_eulenauge
    Thank you! I just really the mountain. The screenshots always come out so pretty!
    And yeah, it must be so hard for Lucy. Especially with the circumstances and her age.
    I think the fact that you emphasize with her really shows. It kind of makes her seem more real? At least that's what I feel like. ^^
    Cannot wait to see how her story progresses!
    @Llandros2012
    The sledding interaction is so precious.
    I think Koji is an adult. I think he sees a little bit of himself in her.
    At least that's how I imagine it for now.
    The mood swings actually started appearing more and more after her grades started increasing. :')
    If I missed anyone, please let me know!
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    07. Jan. 2022 - The one where it's finally summer
    c554b851fbe5e0208551f2d057139fe9a02d1c68.png
    Summer is finally here and Kenzie has been enjoying her first summer days. In the afternoons she usually floats around the river and once it cools down she often goes for a jog or a hike.
    b4ff9ffec669e1670554b8b0404af12383cbebd4.png
    7a4f170538c455c0c19734178aad913381337d9e.png
    15c7d05585016fb40796e3c1a0a137199008d1fb.png
    ed7ded6b416e0119e34ff72f4cd908019a6a1106.png
    Today's update is rather short and not really "deep". Hoping to get to those updates this weekend. :)
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    January 6

01-07-22_9-30-33_PM.png?width=730&height=584

After selling some Simmis early in the morning and selling things from the garden, Selena was able to make her place look a little nicer!

01-05-22_11-23-48_AM.png?width=730&height=584

She also found a job as a Fast Food Employee, as the extra income will really benefit the household.

01-07-22_9-20-06_PM.png?width=730&height=584

As it was the weekend, I decided it was the perfect time to work on her aspiration. She's been doing okay so far, but still needed to complete the Wakaba's River and festival parts to get to the next section. So, despite the weather, in she went!

01-07-22_9-22-41_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Luckily, it was also the Festival of Snow, so she was able to go along, meet Yamachan...

01-07-22_9-28-09_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Get very lucky with the festival gacha...

01-07-22_9-29-02_PM.png?width=730&height=584

And eat some food from the vendors!

01-07-22_9-30-49_PM.png?width=730&height=584

With that, she successfully completed the first part of her aspiration! Progress! I spent a chunk of the money on festival clothing for the next part of the aspiration, too.

01-07-22_9-33-24_PM.png?width=730&height=584

All in all, quite a good Saturday!

January 7

01-07-22_9-39-59_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Today, Selena finally levelled up her Gardening skill to Level 2! Hopefully, along with completed homework, this should boost her grades. It'll also be a huge help with making the garden more profitable.

01-07-22_9-39-27_PM.png?width=730&height=584

The Gacha Grind was next, and we managed to do pretty well for ourselves!

01-07-22_9-41-53_PM.png?width=730&height=584

This is the house now:

01-07-22_9-48-49_PM.png?width=730&height=584

It's definitely upgrading quickly, but fortune is not always steady with the gacha machine. Luckily, we have Selena's job to shore us up, as little as it pays at the moment.

01-07-22_9-52-09_PM.png?width=730&height=584

She also made her first at home meal that isn't out of a cooler! Yay!

01-07-22_9-49-46_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Cameo:

01-07-22_9-35-45_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Found Melody Connors relaxing by the onsen!

(No story today, just updates!)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Thank you! I had fun building that shack for Cale. It'll get an upgrade soon though. It's now the last week of Summer for Cale and he'll need at least a little greenhouse for his plants, or perhaps just a roof over them, we'll see. I'm glad he could fish too! Fishing, Simmis and his garden are his only sources of income. The garden is the only one that brings in consistent income. Well, when it doesn't suddenly revert to dirt piles for no reason. Glad you like the convo between the Watcher and Cale. It was an experiment to see how I would like writing that way. It was fun! Might do it more in the future. :)

I'm glad Aaron has decided to take things slow now with Hunter. Even though there seems to be mutual attraction, he could be getting his signals crossed and all Hunter wants is friendship. Great summary about the conflicted feelings going on in his head!

Bonsai bud! Cale fished one up too and I forgot to have him plant it, thanks for the reminder. :) Hunter's a vampire!? Well that's cool. I think it's cool that Aaron seems to know that and wants to learn all he can about his new friend/possible love interest.

Yay! Sturgeon! Cale's caught a couple, but I'm looking forward to when he's maxed out the fishing skill and will catch more. I had a Sim catch 16 in a row at that spot once! o.O Aww, good to see Robin, but why is she so sad? Cheer up dear, at least it's warm there. That's something to smile about. :) Ugh, prank call? Great just one more thing to make Aaron and possibly Cale angry. Sheesh! Lots of angry or sad Sims everywhere! Why so angry Selena? I love sentiments! :) He got apples from the Onsen machine? Okay, I'll have Cale check there. Was it the Bits & Bobbles machine? Or is there a different one they can get harvestables?

Annnd I've written too much. Sorry about that, I guess I just had a lot to say again. Great post! :)
    Aaron has a tiny shack right now but it definitely doesn't look as nice as Cale's :joy: Ah yeah that reversion to dirt pile bug is so annoying! I wonder if that will ever be fixed... or even if it's actually a bug. I hope that doesn't happen to Aaron's plants.

Yeah I usually always take sim romances way too fast and Hunter wasn't the first sim I had in mind to be Aaron's 'endgame' so to speak (I have plans for sims that I want to put in Windenburg and maybe having Aaron do the serial romantic aspiration before he becomes a YA). But we'll see what happens ;)
    Thank you! I'm really happy you like my writing :smiley:

Yup, Hunter's a vampire! His mother is Elle DeVampiro and his father is a vampire I created :) Maybe Aaron just knows that most of the sims I have lined up for potential romances are vampires ;) There is one merman in the mix though.

I was really excited to see a couple of the other contestants out and about! I feel like maybe she was sad because she ate meat but I really don't know. I love sentiments too, it's always a momentous occasion when my sims get them for other sims :D
    I think it was the bits 'n' bobbles vending machine on the top floor of the onsen. Can't quite remember right now, sorry :sweat_smile: It was definitely in the onsen though :) I'll have to go back in game and check.

@Ellupelluellu
    @afai1261 ,
    Yes, Mayor seems to follow Sean for some reason :D BTW, did I guessed Hunter's mother right? It was some time ago , but I don't remember wether it was or not Elle?
    --January 6
    Aaron and Hunter make a cute couple :)
    --January 7
    Vampire lore is sometimes good to know, at least a little :) Nice to see other playesr sims there too :) YAY appletrees!
    Yes, you did guess Hunter's mother correctly!

Aaron and Hunter do make a cute couple <3

@KateLynne
    KateLynne wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Day 6
    Loved your writing and the screenshots.
    Aaron and Hunter are so cute to watch. I think it's a great idea to add Wonderful Whims.
    Also wow, that Dango looks delicious! XD
    Day 7
    It's cool to see that he is interested in stuff like Hunter's lifestate. ^^
    The interaction between Robin and Keisha looked funny xD Everyone seemed to be angry or sad that day. :')
    The sentiment was so cute though!
    Thank you so much! Wonderful Whims is so much fun to play with and it was very validating to see that the mod did make Aaron find Hunter attractive :D

I laughed when I saw Keisha glaring at Robin.

I got really excited when the sentiment popped up. First sentiment he's gotten for anyone so far!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 7: "A bad attitude is like a flat tire. If you never change it, you'll never go anywhere..."

j6uNmec.png

Notes
    G49lhCG.png
    The next morning, Cale went fishing again. Hopefully he'll relax enough to get the Surge Emotion option so he can be focused to do some rock climbing later. Within moments, he reached Level 10 Fishing! Congrats Cale! I had no idea he was that close. I thought he was maybe Level 8. Hopefully now, he'll consistently catch sturgeon like his fishing buddy over there.

8LIiydu.png
    However, it was not to be. The first thing he caught afterward was a goldfish and that made him angry. Next up, well yeah Cale, I know, that's not a sturgeon either.

imA6Bcw.png
    (Neither is this. What the heck man?)
    I guess he was just too angry to catch anything good. Cale tried a bit longer, but only caught minnows. Clearly it was time to hang up his pole for the day. I sent him home to get something to eat.

eRqpjc5.png
    After a bite to eat, a shower, quite a bit of time boxing, and a little trolling, Cale then autonomously tried to go to bed at the exact moment the sink broke. Sorry Dude, get up and fix that. I won't repeat the strong words he had for that idea, but he complied and went back to bed.

Ifamm2z.png
    Very early the next morning, Cale was researching his plants after tending to them and waiting to harvest, when he got a very confused visitor. Uh, what are you doing? Cale's not sleeping. That's Marshall Landgraab, Melody and Malcom's son by the way.

9Av8g6E.png
    Marshall finally realized that his quarry was awake and left without a word. He's a teen so perhaps hasn't learned yet how to properly break-in for a snack. The crops were finally ready to harvest and while doing that, he reached Level 4 in gardening! Excellent! Now he can talk to plants for social. He'd had that darn 'fine' mood now though for a long time. Finally, after talking to the plants a bit, he could use Surge Emotion to get focused for 12 hours. Time to hit the rocks Cale!

hiuEqD8.png
    Cale practiced rock climbing for a long time and was close to reaching the last goal of the second milestone for the aspiration, but he was starving! It was 'Night on the Town' day so free food! Cale ordered the most expensive thing on the menu at a food stall, Beef Yakisoba. Oh and look, the pretty Spellcaster is the vendor. Her name is Allessandra French.

What? You can't see Cale? But he's right there, I swear! Obviously there was some kind of glitch happening and Cale was invisible.

Kgo9al0.png
    Now you see it...

ruIwPO3.png
    IyPK6aT.png
    Now you don't!

0b6HIX2.png
    *POOF* And there's Cale.
    "Hey! Nice trick, are you a Spellcaster too?"

DOf6nNF.png
    "No, why do you ask?"
    "You were invisible and then you just appeared. How'd you do that?"
    "I dunno, pretty cool though huh? You're a Spellcaster? What's that?"

buj99ej.png
    Alessandra was due a break, so she shut down the stall for a few minutes and had a chat with Cale. He told her a joke about penguins which she loved.
    (I love her laugh.)

CfXnDsq.png
    And showed her a funny video on his cell, which also made her laugh.
    (I love her eyes too.)
    She's too old at the moment for you Cale. But you can be friends in the meanwhile.

RaQGbS1.png
    "Hey, do you like rock climbing?"
    "I've never tried it before but I've seen others do it. It looks like fun."

2jApCLJ.png
    "I could teach you how some time if you'd like to try it. It is fun."
    "Oh, I'd love that! I can't today, I should get back to work, but maybe sometime this weekend."
    "Okay, cool. See you later."

anoHIYN.png
    Cale felt very confident about himself after his chat with Alessandra. He'd tried very hard to change his attitude and it had rewarded him with a pretty new friend.

75mAItG.png
    Cale ran back toward the small climbing hills with a thousand thoughts running through his mind. Chief among them, maybe if he played his cards right, he and Alessandra could be more than just friends some day.

Just keep the right attitude and anything's possible Cale.

Cir7ZdD.png
    Cale's focused mood, became very focused after that and it wasn't long before he finally reached Level 3 in rock climbing and completed the milestone. Congrats Cale, I'm proud of you!

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited January 2022
    2,5hours late :(

Sean Medicci

January 7th ,

rOp49In.png

The one with plants
    jxc8doO.png
    Okay, as I said, free day from school.
    I3fhhDK.png
    Hey, something to harvest already!
    wFTE56F.png
    Better study those now too... yes all..
    DIlhwV5.png
    Why he stopped?? Ohh.. well.. yeah..
    MdKYlRr.png
    Lfo6Tni.png
    After peeing, yes washing hands gazillion af times..
    eRU5ego.png
    Why not?? he does not like it, I see. (and don't really care , to be honest :smiley: )
    sGHXORa.png
    Well, his so lovely chips..

mrsMUAh.png
    UylIQXW.png
    zGU0bfU.png
    FINALLY he had some problems too! He got his coffee..

Time for wild harvest..
    l9eCJ4E.png
    Strawberries..
    kj2VMIx.png
    Snapdragons..
    GwepYq5.png
    (even from far I can tell there is MY Mona and Josh doing some fishing)
    B2gb9aA.png
    Yes, keep walking..
    cR2bp3S.png
    Just walk..
    s6KUNt8.png
    There.. mushrooms..
    SSCtLol.png
    And pears!

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    About commenting - I know it's not expected, but as I said, I do like to when it's not stressful. Being engaged in each other's stories last year was one of my favorite parts, so I'm gonna do it when I can! That being said, I think I'll take the approach of commenting mostly when other people comment on my story too, just to save myself a little time here and there :)

@afai1261
    Aw, love the little romance starting to bloom between Hunter and Aaron. I'm glad Aimi lives in Mt. Komorebi so Robin can go mooch off her resources and visit all the time haha. Lovely screenshots as always.

Aw, so fun to see Robin in your updates! In a few days, Aaron is the first challenge sim to show up in my game too. I played a bit ahead, but look out for him :) A trash can is a very convenient purchase :) Haha, I have trouble with moving too fast with my sims' relationships too ;) Haha, all of our sims are so moody in your game :D

@LegacySims2017
    Yay, DJ has a tent! That will make his life so much easier. I keep avoiding getting one for Robin since it makes me sad that Pepper can't come in it haha. Cute snow pal too.

@Karababy52
    Haha, I definitely knew you called me a meanie all in good fun ;) No worries there. Thanks for you comment too!

Oof, 400 simolean bills would kill Robin right now! Hopefully Cale can manage to pay haha. He's looking very night boxing ;) He has a nice garden started too! I see Cale's hotheaded trait seems to be rearing it's ugly head haha. And I do remember Agent Stone! And nice to see an Adam Lambert appearance too :) Great update!

You always capture the sky at such pretty states in your screenshots. And wow, level 10 fishing! Fantastic! Lol, looks like Cale's lot attracts the vampires :D Haha, funny when we catch those glitches and our sims disappear but the items around them don't. Hm, maybe Cale IS a spellcaster and he just doesn't know it and his powers are happening without his knowledge ;) Could work for your favor with that world coming up soon!The ladies in your game are so cute too :)

@KateLynne
    Oof, tough day for Kenzie, but she still looks stunning despite her struggles :D

@miss_eulenauge
    Sometimes one photo is all you can manage, and that's totally fine! Been there many times :) Thanks for your comments too!

@Llandros2012
    Wow, on your second mountain excursion already! I'm impressed! It's nice that Kiyoshi and Aldo are becoming such good friends :)

@KateLynne
    Stunning shots! Summer makes everything so pretty in this game! Thanks for your comments too :)

@lilypadmeulin
    Selena's house is coming along nicely! And the part time job will help get her on her feet too. Perhaps I should try that with Robin - she's having so much trouble making progress :D Melody's got some nice muscles in your game haha! So fun to see our sims pop up in your game :)

@Ellupelluellu
    And another one of our sims struggles with the vending machine :D Glad Sean is okay. His garden is coming along nicely, and he's found a lot of nice plants to harvest too! Great screenshots!

@SoulGal7 I hope you game starts working soon! That's never fun to sort through.

@RememberJoy Nice progress with Adam!
    edited January 2022
    nothingggggg

pressed enter too fast
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

@Ellupelluellu
    So glad I finally figured that out! I don't know why I expected seeds to be in that Bits & Bobbles machine. Ah well, oh and Cale has a carrot now, and hopefully more soon. :) Yes, I remember her as a child, she was adorable then, even more so as a teen! :)

Cale let his hot headed mean side show much more than he should've. He was enraged when he got home and they were just an easy target. I hope he sees both of them again some day and apologizes to them. Especially L. Yep, I'm sure that cat was just hungry. They can give strays fish? I didn't know that. Good to know! He deserved that smack in the face, definitely! Yep, another expensive wall hanging to increase his bills. hehe Sorry Cale! :D

Your daily pic cracks me up! The look on Sean's face, priceless! So many plants! Gah, I'm jealous! Love having a garden for my Sims, as you know. Sean's face brushing his teeth cracks me up too, but at the same time I can see just how handsome he is in that shot too! He's such a cutie pie! Hey! Hi there Jon! Good to see you Dude! :) Glad he at least got his coffee for his troubles! Cale rarely gets his stuff when it's stuck. :/ Lots more yummy harvestables for Sean to put in his garden. At this rate, he's going to have a gigantic one just like Melody did. :)

@KateLynne
    Thank you! I love that screenshot too. :) Cale's shack is a dump, but yes it is cozy. hehe That won't last much longer though. It'll stay small, but it's getting a bit of an upgrade before Fall in a couple days.

I love seeing our other Sims in updates too and in my own game. It's fun. :) Yes, it does. But those two are the only celebrities in my game at the moment. So he won't be getting anymore any time soon.

Kind of like Maralyn eh? I think she's on my Gallery if you want her for yourself? I'll have to look. Yes it does make it more fun the longer you can keep them poor. I'm trying with Cale, but he's just too good at finding those Simmis, fishing and the Lilies in his garden are very profitable. Still, I'm making him save it up though and wait until he needs anything and trying not to go overboard. :) I admire you for doing that about skilling. I'm too much of a micromanager to do that. It's tough enough as it is for me that Cale has full autonomy. I normally play with no autonomy. hehe

Oh man, I love that shot of the waterfalls, gorgeous! Do you edit your pics or perhaps have some kind of graphics recolor in your game. It looks very vibrant and colorful. Kenzie always looks so happy. I love that!

@lilypadmeulin
    Selena's little house is starting to look so nice! Oh cool, she got a job, good for her! Great day working on the aspiration. Looks like she was having a lot of fun doing those things. :)

Yay! So glad she's been doing well with the Simmis and her garden now. She has a stove! That's more than Cale has. hehe Looks like she made Mac and Cheese for her first meal? Yum! Hey there Melody, happy to see you! :)

@afai1261
    Ugh, that garden bug is a bug, definitely. Lots of thread about it on EA Answers HQ. I have a feeling they're just having a hard time finding the root of the problem. It started back when Eco was released. But anyway, I hope Aaron's garden doesn't suffer from that either! Ah yes, romance. Don't feel bad about taking things fast, that's usually the way I operate as well. However, this time, I'm trying something different.

Cale too will be doing the serial romantic aspiration, but not before he's a YA. He will wait for true love until much later too. Unless! He finds someone that he just clicks with right off the bat, then he might be with someone sooner. But I'm not planning for it.

Aha! No wonder he's so handsome. Elle is one of the prettiest premade vampires in my opinion, he has good genes. I'm sure his Dad is gorgeous too since you make such handsome Sims! I have not downloaded anyone's Sims yet. I will be doing that soon though. It's always fun when you get to see them out and about, I agree! Top floor? Oh! That's right! There is a second floor. I keep forgetting about that. :D Anyway, found out it's the cold food vending machine now for seeds, but thank you anyway! :)
    edited January 2022
    @permanent - Gah! So sorry, you must've posted while I was commenting and I missed that fact. Should learn to refresh before I hit that enter button. o.O Anyway, here's my reply to your comments. Thank you! :)
    Oh yea, it's all in good fun, of course. hehe Cale can afford it, he's just a hot head and likes to be angry about EVERYTHING! :D I figured you'd remember Agent Stone. :)

Thank you! So far it's been purely by accident. He always seems to be on the mountain when the sunsets. I couldn't believe he maxed that out myself! I hope he starts catching sturgeon now. If I can manage to keep him calm, he will. So far? Not so much. o.O He does! Guessing the mod I have has something to do with that. hehe I was sitting here laughing my butt off when that happened! :D Usually I only see that sometimes when they come back from a ride on the rocket. Haven't had it happen in a long time. HAHA! Now that would be quite a story wouldn't it? :) Kind of like Essa had no idea she was a Vampire/Spellcaster hybrid. hehe Thanks, I love my Sims, and everyone else's I have in my game. :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan07.jpg
    January 7: Festival of Snow!
    D.J. woke up real early the next morning to raindrops. Loud and hard raindrops. When he exited the tent, he found that the snow had melted. It was still chilly outside, but the rain must have melted away the snow. His poor snowpal was almost melted away, too. He was planning to build friends around his Lot. But D.J. might not be able to anymore.

Good thing is, D.J. got to see some greenery in Mt. Komorebi during the winter season.

dj-01-027.jpg

Around 10ish, D.J. headed to the Lounge for brunch on a non school Saturday. He's got simoleons to buy food now. The bartender was pleased to see D.J. not asking for freebies this time. She asked D.J. if he was attending the Festival of Snow that was going to start soon. It was to be held from 3pm to midnight. D.J. didn't have to go into work until 6 that evening, so he could spend a couple hours at the Festival. The bartender talked it up. There was going to be a lot of activities to do and usually there's new foods to try.

dj-01-028.jpg

When 3pm came around, D.J. headed up the mountain to where the Festival of Snow was starting. It was a sight to see.

dj-01-029.jpg

Children were playing on the ice ship while parents were playing along as space monsters. D.J. enjoyed watching the parents and kids having fun together.

dj-01-030.jpg

Folks were lining up at some vending machines. D.J. was curious. He asked one of the Festival goers why there were lines at the vending machines. He was told that Simmies were sold at the Festival and one could find special rare Simmies. They're collectibles. D.J. stood in line waiting his turn. He purchased three Simmi capsules. He didn't know what Simmies were inside. When he popped them open, D.J. found out two of them were uncommon, but one was a rare Simmi.

dj-01-031.jpg
    dj-01-033.jpg

It started to get late after a bit more exploring of the Festival. Before he left, he needed to try some of the food provided by vendors. He asked the vendor for something called a Tri-Color Dango. He sat down with others who were enjoying some of the food as well. When he picked up the stick with the three colored flavor balls, they rolled off the stick. D.J. guessed they weren't meant to be eaten holding the stick. He grabbed a plastic fork from the vendor behind him and cut into the little balls. They each had different flavors and seasoning to them, but the palette worked well together.

After he finished, D.J. vowed to himself he would visit the Festival again if and when it came around. There was still so many events he wanted to try out. But he had to get ready for work.

dj-01-032.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

Sean Medicci

January 8th ,

6uMoPbe.png

The one with WOOHOO MENTOR!!!
    QKlCZkj.png
    yes you need to do your homework..
    3pj02ym.png
    I care none , just do it!!!

poRtEBw.png
    pee and showering at Gym again!
    xBbTbzJ.png
    So gym trainer, Joel, was who Sean went to talk with..
    Sean asked about WOOHOO!!!!!! (really that was what he asked)
    USs7D0n.png
    Joel was up to it.
    51vhlyY.png
    So Joel asked could he mentor.. And told him that he needs to cut the ladies thought, and be HIM
    UO1of7V.png
    6uMoPbe.png
    Hmm that leaded Sean to make a whole new idea...

@LegacySims2017
    Aww, darn, no snowpal friend or army of friends for DJ now. Oh well... Very cool he went to the Festival of Snow and decided to attend again! Looks like he really enjoyed the Dango. I know Cale loves it. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Sean looks sooooo bored doing his homework. :D And a wee bit pensive in the bathroom. ;) Well hey, good for you Sean! Glad Joel was willing to help him out with that. ehehe Such a sweetheart, I love that Sim so much! <3 Always makes me smile to see him in your game. Curious what new idea talking with Joel gave Sean. Hmm... I'm sure we shall soon find out! ;)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    January 7th Comments:

@Karababy52
    Good to see Cale has a punching bag for his anger issues. Hopefully he'll use that more than he does his mouthy words. :lol: His reaction to Adam Lambert's autograph is priceless. When he's angry, he's angry...when he's not...you get reactions like that from him. I love it!
    ...and just like that, poor snowpal (if you haven't read the daily chapter, you'll understand that when you do)!
    Wow, congrats on level 10 fishing so early, Cale! Marshall looks like a newbie vampire and is practicing his entrance before nightfall. :lol: Alessandra might be the right person to turn Cale's anger issues around. Here's to hoping he never snaps on her.
    I want D.J. to go to the Festival again as well. :lol: Darn work time got in the way. Hopefully he can go at least one more time this month. If he can, I might give him a work vacation day so he can spend the whole afternoon to evening there.

@afai1261
    Was fun seeing Robin and Selena. And dang, that fish was huge. Was also good to see Aaron in a chapter not so angry or sad. If it weren't for the prank caller, he'd have had a great day.

@SoulGal7
    Hoping your game gets fixed soon. Missing all your great stories.

@permanentrose
    Wow, that doesn't look like Candy. She's changed growing up. I really liked that last sledding image. The blending of the colors on the snow...magnificent.
    EA/Maxis really need to make it so pets can enter tents and other places they can't go. They "are" part of the household. Give love to the pets!

@RememberJoy
    Happy to see Adam had an eventful day except for the rude yoga student.

@KateLynne
    I love the scenery screenshots. Very beautiful. :smile:

@lilypadmeulin
    I like the wallpaper chosen for Selena's walls. Oh, Selena's working in the fast food industry now. Maybe she'll pick up some recipe tips since she's also growing a garden.

@Ellupelluellu
    I love Sean and his expressions. You capture the perfect moments.

I don't know why, but I want D.J. to have issues with a vending machine just to have it part of his experience with having a faulty one. Every vending machine he gets something from, he has no issues. Glad Sean got his coffee after some struggles, though.
    Joel a gym trainer and a mentor. Mentoring on woohoo? :lol: I suppose Joel might have experience with that?!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited January 2022
    Comments for day 6 and 7 :smiley:

@Ellupelluellu
    Day 6: Oh Lotta is beautiful!
    Love how confident Sean looks as Lotta is greeting him.
    Sean's mansion ( :D ) looks great!
    Those vampire break-ins are dangerous...

Day 7: Now that is a great facial expression on Sean (with the vending machine) :D
    Gorgeous garden!

@LegacySims2017
    Day 6: Congrats to DJ for getting a promotion!
    And for being able to get a tent.
    His snowpal is cute :)

Day 7: A rare Simmi for DJ? Nice! Looks like DJ had a great time at the festival :)

@permanentrose
    Day 6: Aww I like Jules checking in on her daughter!
    Poor Robin with that skiing wipeout though :D Always looks so painful
    Bahaha Aiden's wipeout looks way worse :joy:
    This blossoming romance between Aimi and Robin is adorable, love it!
    THEY KISSED!!!!
    I find it so difficult to cut down on my screenshots too, like everything in today's update was going to be in yesterday's but then I realised it would be way too long :joy:

Day 7: That daily pic with Robin and Aimi on the sled is so gorgeous with all those colours in the background along with how colourful their outfits are.
    Robin and Aimi are super cute together. I'm sure I'm going to be saying that a lot in the future haha

@RememberJoy
    Day 6: Ah a selling table will come in very useful.
    I'm sure you'll be able to impress Kaori one of these days, Adam ;)

Day 7: Great snowpal, I love his monocle
    That picture of him sledding with the snow field in front of him is awesome!

@Skeilah
    Happy Love Day to Bryon and Naoki!

@KateLynne
    Day 6: Great selection of screenshots!
    Those bugs are vicious lol

Day 7: Love love LOVE that scenery pic (first pic in the spoiler) <3

@miss_eulenauge
    Lovely picture of Lucy :)

@Llandros2012
    Second mountain excursion already? Aldo is doing amazing.
    Congrats to Aldo and Kiyoshi! Love that they're doing homework on the summit! What a view for doing schoolwork!

@Karababy52
    Day 6: Woo look at Cale in that daily pic *fans self*
    Oof 400 simoleons is a lot for bills!
    Looks like Cale is having a bad day... poor dude.
    Autograph from Adam Lambert? Cool! gotta go listen to Ghost Town and Two 🐸🐸🐸🐸 real quick

Day 7: Awesome daily pic, love the colours.
    Congrats Cale for maxing the fishing skill! Haha he looks so mad holding those things that aren't fish :D
    I've had that invisible sim glitch before but only after they get out of the rocketship after woohooing in it lol
    Yay, Cale made a friend!

@lilypadmeulin
    Day 6: Yay, wallpaper!

Day 7: Good job on getting gardening level 2! Ah, and a stove and fridge!
    Selena's place is really starting to look like a home now :)
    Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited April 2023
    January 8
    U3BWwzPh_o.jpg
    Not much in the way of story today (because I feel very lazy right now lol), but what happened is that Aaron met almost everyone else participating in the challenge :smiley:

First it was Lucy. I had sent Aaron to the park after school to grab some dango from the vendor and perhaps go fishing but then the game decided a whole bunch of teens needed to show up too ;)
    ehIIxTP.png

Kenzie spawned in...
    zWFQFZe.png

...followed by Adam and DJ
    gGWy2tU.png
    PUAJWev.png

Then it was Dylan's turn to show up
    FnnM4Ld.png
    Hey9Uuw.png

Aaron got his plate of dango and talked in a group with the boys. Also Clara Bjergsen was there but let's ignore her :D
    JN14DcS.png

While Aaron chatted with Kenzie and Adam, Selena spawned in, still angry (but why?)
    6X4jP3K.png
    Also look how tense Aaron is because they're all strangers to him right now and I forced him to talk to them lol

When I decided he'd had enough of socialising, I let him go fishing into the night
    grwMWAX.png

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fire opal, he seems to catch heaps of them. I just instantly sell them :D
    mOYurFG.png

This was a fun update to play because the other contestants just kept spawning in every few minutes and I got so excited every single time :joy: Unfortunately Cale, Aldo, Robin and Bryon didn't get the memo haha. But there's plenty of time for Aaron to meet them later ;) (plus Aaron has already met Robin)

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    Finally, finished commenting! (for now...)
    I may have to cut down on comments too, perhaps only on weekends or something... Just as heads-up. It's getting more busy and I ususally need so much time commenting, it eats up all my writing and Sims time and even more than that. We'll see. :(

@RememberJoy
    yay, a tent! the sad toddler was fun :D Oh, how fitting is that screenshot with Kiyoshi and Kaori?! According to the Bio she is/was kiyoshi's girlfriend and now she's flirting with another...

That's a funky-looking snowpal! O.o But yay for warm clothes. He'll need them in the snow! Again, very determined :) Oof for that student insulting him tho!

@permanentrose
    thanks! yep, I think she was going for the fishes :D

Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous... but oh well, at least that means we get to see our Sims often :) Hi Jules!!! :) The pictures of them skiing were awesome... Especially Aidan's! :D I really enjoyed seeing her spend time with Aimi - they're super cute together!

On comments - I agree <3 RL can be hard and we're so many that comments can take a lot of time. But like you I still try to do them because I love how it connects all the story... Still, don't feel bad. Your well-being is the most important thing!

Yay, Vendors! :) Hehe, she's really putting in effort to adapt to the culture, huh? ---I love her and Aimi's Jackets! What pack are they from, or are they CC? Ooooh, so cute sledding! Despite the crash, love the pictures! And then relaxing.. but oh well, with chaperone :D

@Karababy52
    Oh, very cool shack! Looks awesome :) You definitely nailed the look! Oh, how nice - you protected him! Tomatoes are a vegetable as far as I know, but oh well - not complaining about food... :) And yay, new stuff :) heh, talking to the watcher again... He's really doing well! Can't wait to get to that point with Lucy. But oh well... Have only played 1 day with her so far, so go figure :D

Ooof, what a rollercoaster of emotions... sounds stressful for you to manage :( But yay for L. and Damon! ...um Cale, what was that exactly? O.o Poor Cale. He's really got some issues to work through. But at least you're there to help with his anger management I guess? Well... Now I feel kinda sorry for him, even if I didn't like him! And whoa, another autograph! He'll have a wall full of them soon :)

thank you for the comments too! :) Yeah, wish I'd have seen who left the food for potential story, but oh well. At least she got a full belly, I guess? And you're right, that really personalizes the home :)

I really liked your Day 7 quote! :) Wait, he has Level 10 in Fishing already?! O.o Wow, congrats! ...though he still seems to get junk. And hi Josh! <3 (definitely not hitting on him... ^^) Um... that's weird O.o Heh, night on the town is fun :) Um... that's even weirder with him being invisible O.o He's very cute with Alessandra! (But I know you're going for 100 babies... so no eternal romance this time I'm guessing :( )

@SoulGal7
    Well, he really is a big fan apparently... :D Oh no... O.o At least he wasn't caught and got food, I guess?

Oh no, I hope you'll be able to get your game going again :( 1 piece of advice from me: Check whether all the game files are there... Once I was somehow "missing" one and even repairing didn't help... Finally re-installed the game and noticed the missing file.

@Ellupelluellu (and @Karababy52)
    aw, thanks! :) Yep, I guess she thought she was a fish :D
    I hope that too! And thank you for the compliment :)

Hey, that's ok - I'm one day late right now... the important thing is having fun :) heh, yeah, peeing is important! And Hi Brother-of-Josh at the bar :D

Um.. That title does make me a bit curious O.o
    Lol @ him pouting! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 the woohoo mentor :D And hi other-brother-of-Josh :D

@Llandros2012
    Oooh the excursion is there! So excited for it :) Aw, that's a bummer that relaxing didn't count. And yay for the cooler! (That's one item I really wish I had...) What a cool idea to paint a picture of them!

Yeah, it was hard for her... But no time to cry :( One day the reality of the situation will hit her though... And thank you for the compliment! Yep, my thoughts exactly :D (on collectibles)

Yay, another climb and gold ranking!!! Oh, what a cool tradition :) And what a cool Homework picture!

@LegacySims2017
    Yeah, I enjoyed writing Grampa :) Not sure about the fun tho :D

Yay, promotion! And a bonus! :) Now the tent is his... Curious to see how his dwelling will develop :)

Yes, I really enjoy it :) And thank you, I was kinda sad I couldn't write anything on it...

Wow, the space ship was totally iced in! O.o Yay for rare Simmi!

@afai1261
    hehe, great to see their friendship blossom :) Awww... a pretty cool guy, huh? Lol, the "writing bug"... I feel that :)

Yeah, I loved that picture, and I had a lot of fun writing that scene with Grampa :) Thank you!

Hello Robin! :) Really he's really sweet with Hunter... Heh, he's quite determined with the Vampires, huh? Perhaps he's just trying to sweet-talk you as you like the Vampires so much :D Hey Selena! :) What a sweet sentiment too <3

Woooo Lucy! Wow! Never had any of my Sims in anyone's game so I'm super excited she showed up :D

@RememberJoy
    Lol, one of them noped out after a while?
    Yay for table and Yoga mat!

@Skeilah
    Lol, that campfire sounds really eventful :D Um... I think Sheena got the wrong impression there? Whoops! :sweat_smile: So sweet how they gave each other presents!

@KateLynne
    Oh no, bugs! O.o But yay for fishing :) Also, I really like her outfit and hairstyle there! :) She's really pretty...

Lol, her floating with had and sunglasses :D How'd you manage to not lose these?! :D

Thank you for the comments! :) Yeah, in the past I've always regretted selling them when the first ones were the ones I'd never get again... So this time, not selling any 1st ones :D
    And thank you for the compliment - it really meant a lot to me! <3

@lilypadmeulin
    Oh, that's looking much nicer! :) And yay for a job :) The festival looks good :)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited January 2022
    We were listening to a podcast last evening and I fell asleep 2 times on the couch... So I gave up and went to bed (woke up as the others wanted to carry me! :D ), even though that meant no update from me yesterday. :(
    Oh well... coming now. And perhaps I'll even find time to get my must-have mods back :) Or play... We'll see.
    January, Day 7 - "Twinkle twinkle little star..."
    01-05-22-9-19-39-PM.png
    Lucy smiled sadly as she looked up to the stars. She'd spent all day running around the city, trying to find out who Grampa's lot belonged to now, where he had been buried, what she needed to go back to high school, and where the PAWspital was now, as apparently it had moved. It had been a hard day, physically and emotionally. She just hoped, if Grampa was watching her right now, she'd be able to honour the faith he'd had in her. With one last look, she turned away and went back to her bench to wait for a new day of struggling. Now, she was fully responsible for her and Laika's life. But at least she could control what was happening to her, and whatever she did would be so she'd find happiness one day.
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 8

2q4ee8X.png
    The next day it was finally the weekend, so Robin headed to the park, hoping that she'd have some luck with fishing. Unfortunately, it was too frozen.
    suUxJpU.jpg

However, a figure from her past strolled by. This is Ophelia, vampire daughter of Lydia Straud (daughter of Vlad) and Kat Cave, honestly a bit of complex story if you didn't follow my story last year, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to elaborate.
    eN4oNJ9.png

Ophelia and Robin did not hit it off well as children, and are enemies because of this, but it does appear that Robin has a thing for vampires just like her dear old mom ;)
    Q2IPTiZ.png
    Also here are the links to the posts from last year that include Ophelia, just in case anyone wanted to catch up on their back story.
    Post 1
    Post 2

"Poppy! What are you doing out here in the cold?" (Poppy is her older brother Rowan's cat)
    JTDMj91.png

And sure enough, Rowan wasn't far.
    aABUE2o.jpg

And here's her little nephew, Brock.
    4ZXBkUE.jpg

And her older sister, Ruby!
    3cHNI0E.jpg

"Okay, what are you guys doing here?" Robin asked, scooping up Ruby's elderly cat, Dill. (Apparently it's bring your cat to Mt. Komorebi day :joy:)
    "Fine, you caught us," Ruby admitted. "Mom wanted us to come check on you without being too intrusive on your independence." Robin found she didn't mind though. It was sweet how much her family cared for her.
    fFEPFlT.jpg

Apparently Mt. Komorebi is quite the vampire destination too. And that's just not fair :D Guess Lydia has some magical vampire powers coming to her aid lol.
    hG0qWs2.png

It was also the new skill day holiday, so Robin played a game of chess with Brant Hecking, while Catarina Lynx and some enthusiastic toddlers cheered them on.
    WQiYjfl.jpg

Back at home, Robin made the autonomous decision to plunge into the icy river, and Pepper (gladly?) joined her too.
    7dWEOhk.jpg
    JtF5pmY.png

The festival of youth spawned, so she headed over to grab a bite to eat.
    JXo5C2s.png

And Aaron came by and autonomously began chatting with her! It looks like Robin will have a new friend :)@afai1261
    U56L9Ed.png

He got up to grab a bite to eat too, but soon came back to continue their conversation.
    BkYEiQg.jpg

Robin was easily distracted though - first by her doggo.
    6ieyAAr.jpg

And then by a cute girl :)
    fF41xvB.jpg

The festival suddenly ended, vaporizing the table Aaron had been eating at, much to his chagrin.
    2eysOjf.jpg

These two didn't even seem to notice though :D
    gBhZM3Y.jpg

Pepper took full advantage of the abandoned food though and had a nice little snack.
    5w6NkMy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    Got my mods back, hope everything works :)
    I'm off to do some homework and socialize, so I'll probably update this later today. Wanted to post it already in case I fall asleep again... :D
    I hope everyone has an awesome day/night, and see you later! <3

EDIT: edited to add story. I felt a little down today, that's probably reflected in the story. I wanted to add actual stuff happening, like her getting the lot, but I just... didn't feel that today. I hope you like it anyway! :)
    January, Day 8 - "Home is where the heart is."
    01-03-22-2-24-14-PM.png
    Lucy sighed. She'd spent yet another day just trying to stay alive and figure this out... And it didn't seem to ever get any easier.
    And she couldn't lose control. Always having to function, being sure of what to do, being on guard... She just wanted to break down, cry, and be held by someone. But she was on her own now, and she'd known that when she made the decision to go away. Still... it was hard, at times. Really hard. Sometimes she didn't know how she could ever go on, how this could ever get better...
    Then, she tried to remind herself of the good moments. The food, the salty air, Laika, giggling about her antics, the beautiful city she lived in now, her teddybear from Grampa on the mailbox... or the fact that everything she did was to make her life a little better. She tried, she made mistakes, but she wasn't going to give up. She couldn't. Somehow she'd live her life and find happiness - and every breath meant one more step on the way towards that. She was sure that going away had been the right decision, now she only had to figure out where to turn next and how to get there.
    And, she thought, she wasn't all alone in this. The thought really helped... She had Laika, Grampa was watching her from above and believing in her, and she had found a place where she truly felt at home - where her heart lay. She'd found all of that on her own, and she was proud of herself. And for today, she decided, that was enough.
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Karababy52 & everyone else - Thank you so much for your help and concerns regarding my game. I did some more reading on-line and was trying to avoid doing the back-up and re-installing everything, and found two important things that helped. One, if you disable Origin in game, and if you play The Sims off-line. I normally only use the gallery (where you need to be on-line) when I am building, trying to find a sim or looking at the news thread, so this seems to have worked. I finally got to play for more than 1/2 hour without the game crashing on me every two seconds. I am crossing my fingers that this will work. I read in the bug report that after the last up-date several simmers have reported their game crashing, so yeah, I seem to be a chosen one! I really don't want any game issues this year, because last year I had to purchase a new computer, and lost several months on the challenge. Remember how I said I was always the slow poke and behind? Yep, I am going to get the award again this year! lol I will post my up-dates and do comments, and hopefully will be up-to-date this weekend. Thanks again and have a great day/night everyone.
    @LegacySims2017
    Cale will be using that punching bag a lot! Whether it helps his bad attitude or not remains to be seen. One can hope! :) Well hey, Cale's just a big fan of Adam and Veera as are all my Sims. They have to be since I am! ;)

Yup, I read it. Dang rain!

Yep, Level 10, not that it's any advantage for him, yet! ;) That's the thing though with Cale and his anger, I never know when it's going to happen. Sometimes he wakes up angry for seemingly no reason. Crossing my fingers he doesn't snap at too many ladies since he'll need them later in the challenge. :)

That'll be fun for DJ if he can manage it, here's hoping his work schedule and the festival don't clash again!

@afai1261
    He does look pretty good eh? hehe Wait until he's Level 10 fitness, Dude will be a gorilla! o.O Hey! You're an Adam Lambert fan too? That's fantastic! I don't know many others on here that like the guy and his music. I love him myself, best voice in the industry right now in my opinion. Love Ghost Town and that 'other' song! He is a magnificent front man for Queen too! But enough about Adam, I could blather on about him forever. <3

Thanks, I'm weak for sunsets/sunrises in this game. Especially here, Selvadorada and most of all, Sulani. They seem to be more purple than anywhere else, my favorite color. :) Oh yeah, he was enraged about that stuff. But then, seems like 95% of the time he's enraged! 🙄 I had no idea the hot head trait was so strong! However, I'm loving the faces he makes. hehe Oh sure, that's the only place I've had the invisible glitch myself until now. Just a friend, yes. Too bad our teens can't have romantic relationships with YAs without a mod. Although, it does make for some interesting storylines when they can't. i.e. Essa/Josh.

Very cool how so many challenge teens spawned in the park for Aaron to meet! I wonder why he's giving DJ the stink eye! hehe And now he's looking angry at Adam. Sheesh! Must be his trait in action too. Or the fact he's a loner and he's slowly becoming surrounded by Sims. Poor guy... Cale's caught a couple of those fire opals too, sold! I'm sure the rest will show up at some point. Reminds me that I need to put everyone in my save too. The only reason I haven't yet is the thought of putting allll that CC in my game is making me a bit anxious. I'm still somewhat of a newbie to CC/Mods and don't really have much of it. I will though after I get all our Sims. Oh well, they need to look like themselves or what's the point eh? :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Thanks, I love his little shack. :) Cale is slowly getting there. I could've been done with both aspirations now if I took the time to grind it out. But I'm taking things slower this time with Cale. Yes, it's been interesting playing a Sim with the Hot Headed and Mean traits. I've only done it once before. Add full autonomy in the mix and oh boy. But I love a challenge so it's all good. :)

Yes, love it when townies leave food for our Rags to Riches Sims to nab for themselves! Cale hasn't been to the park much to take advantage of that though. He has a fridge now anyway so he doesn't need it. Thanks about the Day 7 quote. I love trying to find quotes that coincide with the theme of the update. HAHA! Um, sorry, he's VERY taken. But, if he were real and I was younger and not married? Yeah, I'd be after him in a heartbeat! Not weird at all! Nope... *shifty eyes*

We shall see what happens with Alessandra. She may end up just being a baby Mama, or perhaps she'll be 'the one' he may eventually find and settle down with a long, long ways in the future. :)

I'm guessing Lucy will find all the answers she needs eventually. Patience my dear, you'll get there soon. Lovely daily pic! I love the night time shots in this game. Especially in HoB. Soooo many stars! Oh man, I just noticed the poor girl needs a shower! She never even thought about or worried about that. Shows she's earned her homeless stripes to be able to ignore her stinky condition. Good for you Lucy! :)

I'll comment more on your latest post when you update it, but love the teddy bear perched on the mailbox. hehe

@permanentrose
    Love your daily post pic! Robin again looks so happy in that ice skating pose. Love the skating rinks in this game. :) Aww man, still can't fish. Well that bites! It's not fair others can fish despite the weather. They shouldn't be allowed to do it either! Grrrr! Oh yeah, I remember Ophelia, she was such an adorable toddler and grew into a beauty! Aww, so sweet of her family to come check up on her! So fun seeing them all again. Brock is such a cutie too! Dill! He looks a little grumpy in his elder years. hehe Love that cat! I wonder why Willow didn't join them. Oh well.

Brrrrr! Guessing the weather doesn't affect mermaids or dogs or she wouldn't have been able to do that or Pepper. Glad they can do that. Yum! I want some of that ice cream! Not exactly what I'd want on an icy day though, no matter how delicious it looks. hehe Nice she met Aaron! Poor guy looks seriously annoyed his food is now on the ground. I'd say he was annoyed with Robin being so distracted too, but he's a loner so I'm sure that fact wasn't the reason for his grumpy mood. Oh Pepper, well hey, dogs will be dogs! Get it while you can Pepper! :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh good, I'm so glad those two things helped you! And you're welcome about the suggestions. I don't do that refresh myself either unless nothing else helps. I always play offline and only go online when I need to upload/download. It helps a lot! And yes, turning off Origin in Game is a must as well! I learned that a long time ago. I'd turn off the Origin Helper too if I were you. I'm sorry, I just assumed you were already doing those two things, so didn't mention them. Crossing my fingers everything runs smoothly for you once again!
    @miss_eulenauge
    I looked back at my comments, and for some reason didn't comment up to Day 3 on your story. So sorry, so I am doing that now to get everyone even, and then I can start comments again. Day 2: Wow! So her mother was basically downloading parental responsibilities to Louise, and I guess that meant that Louise would be caring for her siblings, dogs, and the household. Yes, so Louise and Laika ran away. Louise looks kind of lost in that photo, clinging to Laika. Day 3- So Louise used to go to Brindleton Bay in the summer, but then responsibilities took hold and she wasn't able to. And she had had a job there before. I do hope that Louise finds a job so that she can have some type of an income. I think I want to just give her a hug after I read that story.
    edited January 2022
    Comments for your Jan 4th posts - more coming later. Have some things I have to do today and will continue tonight. Have a great day/night all!

@Karababy52
    CaleDay 4 - Nice that Cale had a good convo with the pretty stall lady, even though she is a YA. It's nice to have some friends, no matter what age they are. Cale is certainly making simoleons fishing. And he buys a fish taco from the vending machine. I think this might be one of the rare pics where he is smiling! hehe I guess he could have gone to the park to roast a fish, but this was definitely faster. Oooh...nice luck on that simmie, and then the machine gets stuck. Geez! Those vending machines. Glad he has enough simoleons to build a shack. Funny - Vlad in disguise! hehe And he chats with a homeless erratic sim, whose boyfriend is a pee bush. lol I seriously hate when they lose simoleons in the vending machine, especially in rags to riches, but I am really afraid to shake it too many times because I don't want my sim to die!

@Ellupelluellu
    SeanJan 4-Nice start to the garden. I also like that your photos in the story show us where these garden goodies are located. Really appreciate that.

@miss_eulenauge
    LouiseJan 4-Oh poor Louise. Wanting to hide out at the old boathouse that she had memories with of her and her Grampa, but it was all gone. However, it was nice that the mailbox, which she had painted as a child, was still there. I think that is going to give her some hope....some semblance of a happy past, and perhaps a "symbol" of something that would keep her moving forward. *hugs to Louise* You're going to make it, girl!

@LegacySims2017
    DJJan 4-Alright, a bit of a set back on getting his tent, but, he met a nice couple, the Halata's at the Onsen, and they seem to want to help DJ out with extreme sports. Great!

@permanetrose
    RobinJan 4-Good idea to get the Always Welcome trait, and nice that Kaori told Robin to have some rest upstairs. And of course Kiyoshi and his son Akio are watching the Olympic trials! lol [I got last year vibes there reading that!} Oh and Aimi - love her hair! And Robin seems to have some feelings for her (and we later see that she finds her attractive)! After hearing Robin's story, I think that Aimi would love to "tag along" with Robin on her journey around the world. Aimi is a really nice looking sim. And they go on a hike together with their dogs. Now right there, Aimi is a kindred soul for Robin. I wonder what wish they both made at the Ema board. I think I might know Robin's!!

@lilypadmeulin
    SelenaJan 4-Selena had a bad day at school. What mean classmates! And then...the vending machine falls on her. Poor Selena. But those leg muscles and that determination - yes - she gets it off. And nice haul on the simmies, and she is able to build a little shack, and still has her tent. It does look rather bleak with that rain coming down, but things are looking up for Selena.

@Skeilah
    BryonWow that first shot is such a happy, beautiful, colorful shot, like he's in some magical world, which he is of course, because he meets the Hermit in Granite Falls. Nice that you completed the 1st milestone for the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration. Great job! I had wanted to go back with Sakura last year, but never made it. So, nice to see this! I placed Bryon in my game as a teen again, and just updated some of his outfits.

@RememberJoy
    AdamDay 4-I love that Adam is also doing the yoga aspirations while in Mt. Komorebi. I haven't attempted them since the Spa Pack update. And he leads his first class and gets $110 simoleons. Good for him! I love the firepit...well, except when it catches on fire...and, he can also roast his fish there. Not sure if you know, but if Adam should get his own firepit, it can go into his personal inventory, like the cooler can. Very handy.

@Llandros2012
    AldoJan 4-A nice little camp set-up going on, and he displays his projects. Nice! I can relate to sending your sim down that mountain skiing or snowboarding and hoping they get injured! lol Why couldn't they have did a fantastic run for that milestone? lol Night on the Town - yes, get the most expensive thing on the menu, which is now free...and several more for later! lol Way to go Aldo...you finally got injured...oops sorry! lol And level 6 in rock climbing already. Aldo is making great strides, and will be able to do that mountain excursion in no time. Woot! Great cover photo of him doing a "splat" in the snow.

@afai1261
    Aaron - Jan 4-Yeah! Aaron has a bed now. Oh gosh! And he had to eat the spoiled fruit, but, hey, when you are hungry, you need to eat...anything. And poor Aaron goes sledding and becomes battered and bruised. Oh gosh! How is he ever going to make it through the rock climbing? lol Nice pic with Yamachan, at least he's smiling. And Aaron might not like fitness, but he sure can climb that vending machine! And congrats for getting that milestone. Funny snowpal. And yes, I definitely think that Aaron likes the Onsen.

@KateLynne
    Mackenzie (Kenzie)Jan 4-Nice that Koji, the bartender, told her about the hiking trails and slopes. Really great shot of her going over that bump on the sled, but then...she falls out. lol That photo of her going up the stairs in the snow is really good. I love it! I always love shots of bridges and stairs. Both are symbols of a new journey, which I feel are so appropriate for Kenzie.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top