Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you create families and households that have multiple sims?

Whenever i start a new game with a new household, i mostly start with one single sim. I almost never create families in CAS, and i rarely start with couples or households with more than one sim. I do find/create them partners and make them start families later though. How about you?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    I mostly play games that span generations so I have not created very many new games. I think in the thousands of hours I have played since the game was released I've only done that like 3 times. In those games though, I've played a variety of households from 1 sim to large families as I generally end up playing more than one household in the save game.

For the first two new game saves that I started, I did start with just one sim. For my current save game, I started with the "Surviving the Holidays" scenario, so I started with two sims...who hated each other. They are now married and have a kid.

One of my favorite things to do once I have a game going is to add households created by other people whom I follow on the gallery and play those in between playing my own sim household in the same game. It gets me to do types of Sims that I might not create myself with styles that I might not pick myself, and for those gallery downloads I pretty much only download households with at least 2 adults and 1 kid, not individual sims.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I’ve started saves with single sims and families. I have three main saves that I play out of. The first I started with a pair of siblings and two potential spouses to kick off a storyline (it went a totally different direction but I ended up creating tons of additional sims). I have another save that’s all families with a bunch of teens, with the intent to give the teens backstories and really play their generation onward. My current save started with one sim, but I’m playing a career legacy so she didn’t stay single for very long. My sims usually end up married pretty quickly (or at least pregnant pretty quickly).

I rarely make partners for my sims in CAS. I have mccc set up to import townies from the gallery; I like the randomness of my sim hitting it off with someone they like and forming a family from that.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »

I rarely make partners for my sims in CAS. I have mccc set up to import townies from the gallery; I like the randomness of my sim hitting it off with someone they like and forming a family from that.

That has to be one my favorite features from MCCC! I love seeing sims about town that I recognize from my gallery. I download a lot of households from people I follow though, so I don't always even recognize them. :lol:

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I switch up dynamics for my families, so not every family is the same.
    I have some families where I have a single Sim that marries, and start a family of their own. Other single Sims I have end up staying single, but adopting children, and may have a couple pets.
    One of my families I have two sisters living together, and one sister has a kid. Another family I have is a mother living with her five kids, and now her new husband joined the family. They share a son together, so the family is mixed.
    Some families I already have the parents, and sometimes I give them four kids, or six kids.
    One family has one set of grandparents, parents, an aunt, and kids.
    It depends on how I want to play each family.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    To start every save, I at least make 3 to 5 sims. It depends on my goal, but usually I have parents and kids. I choose one of the kids to be my main heir and just control them. I then play until I feel like changing who will be the next main sim to focus on. Played multiple generations that way in one save. Just have 1 sim is completely boring to me. While I don't control the others, it is interesting to see what their choices become.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I almost invariably start a new household with a single sim. Sometimes they stay that way for as long as I play them, but sometimes they eventually build a family of their own. Except for a few story-reason exceptions, though, most take their own sweet time in moving anyone else in, if they ever do. That's partly because I don't particularly enjoy family-style play in more than smallish doses at a time. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That's pretty much all I do. I can't even remember the last time I actually played with just one Sim.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I always start a new save with one Sim Rags to Riches style unless I'm playing a challenge that requires more. I like to keep my households small, so those single Sims might find love and get married. If they have children, it's two max, or three if the second 'try for baby' ends up twins. I've only had triplets once in all the years I've played Sims and that was my very first babies when I did the 100 Baby Challenge. Talk about starting out on a high note! hehe Or low, depending on how you feel about raising multiples. :D
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I usually play single sims with a large supporting cast. Some of those might be families if it suits the story, but I’m certainly not a family player. A lot of my large households are roommates put together for story reasons.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sometimes, but usually I start with just one Sim.
    Occasionally I start with roommates and very rarely with full families. Sometimes I start with one Sim but I place the other Sim that I plan my starting Sim to marry in the world, but it doesn't always go as I planned; maybe my Sim falls in love with some townie or a premade afterall.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    My main game is rotational and all my households are different, and most interact and are friends with others in the save. I play with age usually turned off. I have some nuclear families, generational families, single parents, households with siblings only, some single households, some households with friends. A household with a grandmother and granddaughter. Some sims are married, some live with partners. I have households of all sizes.

I started a new scenario save too, that is pretty new. I will put all my scenarios in the same save. I like rotational play.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Most of the time I start off with a single sim but sometimes I’ll make a small family or roommates or even just a pair of siblings. I do like to make bigger families in cas to use as townies but I usually don’t play with them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I play rotationally so i have many households, but only a few are single sims. Some are couples, most are families of various sizes, a few are families with grandparents included, some have pets, some are occults. Lots of variety.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited January 2022
    I started my main save with a handful of household consisting of 2-4 roommates each. That was seven years ago. After that I hardly created any household.

When I start a test save, I almost always use the main couple from my novel, but they also start off as friends, not as lovers.

The first ever save I played in TS4 I started off with and elderly couple and their grandchild. I then had to move in some some random townie because the elders died before the child grew up to be a teen and that would quickly have ended that family.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2022
    I usually start the save with 1-2 sims
    (depending if i use gallery cause im usually quite exhausted after creating one sim and just wanna play)

but i sometimes make some background households in cas that may be like 1-4 sims usually occults cause i always feel like adding more occults to my game

or add premades from other sims games or such

most of the families are made in gameplay tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I usually start with two sims who might be found in the library. I don't want my sims to feel lonely.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I notice most of my households tend to be couples or couples with a toddler or child. I love family play and just want to dive into the parenthood aspect. A few times I had a few couples, or single parents, but I rarely have single sims households.

(I’m a rotational player. I usually play with Aging Off, and then age the younger sims when I feel like it.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I have my core families in the game already. So, It's been a while since I've added families bigger than 4 sims. I've been adding single sims lately and they are usually paired with existing characters.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I'm not sure I have ever created a family in CAS. I have downloaded a few. I usually create a single Sim and move them. Start their lives and then go back into CAS and create their partner. They usually have a chance meeting on community lots or they are in the same club together. I don't really do a lot of family play. I play with aging off and let my Sims climb the career ladder, and live the nightlife, party life, and take them on vacations.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    It's usually just one sim, but occasionally I'll create a couple. There are no children in my games, I find them annoying lol
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Two seem ideal. That few and they can both be my favourite. One and a cat is even better in some ways. Sometimes I make one, spend all their money and get lonely, and the next day create a housemate who can move in and have fun with them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I have one main save that I just keep adding new Sims to. The household sizes vary but my least favorite to play is a single Sim household because I want more dramatic potential. I switch around and play whatever household I feel like in the moment and usually take them to community lots for funsies. I like when my Sims encounter each other out in the world, it adds more to the spice of their lives, especially since I have a lot of Occults around, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It completely varies. I have a main save that I add to and I switch between different types of households to change the playstyle.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    My last four started saves were: a married couple, a single sim for a challenge, a couple and their teen, and two roommates.
    gen3-banner.png
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    I have to make a minimum of 4 sims where more can be added later. If I play household that has less than 4, I move in others from the menu lol

It is something I done since Sims 2 days. =D