Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Media--Where Else Do You Get Your Sims Fix?

2...Next

Comments

• JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    YouTube
    Watch a lot of YouTube to help decide what packs I want next, get ideas of new ways to use what I already have, and building ideas. Spent so much time devouring James Turner's Super Sim series and Rags to Riches (he seems to be a natural at making sims pass out in their own puddles). Watch a lot of lilsimsie, FakeGamerGirl, Vixella, Pixelade, Carl's Sim Guides, and others.
    The cake is a lie
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Tumblr
    I use Tumblr the most but also Reddit, YouTube and SimsVIP. I find cc on Tumblr. I admire other people's creations on Tumblr, Reddit and rarely YouTube. SimsVIP is where I get my news if I don't get it from EA. Reddit and YouTube are very helpful when I have gameplay questions and can't find the answer on the EA support site, and YouTube is filled with great tutorials and builds from which I get inspired.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Reddit
    Tumblr for CC, YouTube for the occasional discussion/review videos (only LPs I watch are CallMeKevin's and GrayStillPlays I think) and reddit for discussion.

Not a fan of Twitter.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Other (explain in comments)
    I usually check in with SimsVIP and sometimes with PlatinumSimmer but since I absolutely hate social media, this forum and the sites are the only sims' info resources I use.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited January 2022
    None
    awesome, thanks @EnkiSchmidt

Is Simblr a different website? Or does it just mean "posts on Tumblr about sims things" ?
    gen3-banner.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Tumblr
    Simblr is just the name for a tumblr blog that focuses on The Sims. I think there are similar nicknames for other kinds of blogs. I read "momblr" a couple of times.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I don't really regularly participate in social media. I'm old school and prefer forums because I don't like the format of discussion in most other sites. (Actually really hate the trend of several official forums for games being shut down in favor of Discord, Twitter and whatever.) I also don't actively follow particular creators or such. However...

From those listed I do think Reddit has been helpful since most things I've been searching about the game are mod related. Usually Reddit shows up in search when I'm e.g. looking something for a particular problem or a wish.
    Youtube I occasionally use for entertainment. Love to re-watch those LGR reviews. I find them hilarious. CallmeKevin's shenanigans with the sims are a joy as well.
    Rarely Tumblr for CC. I honestly don't really download CC for TS4 because I'm quite pleased with the vanilla look of the sims. But I have couple of times browsed a tag for Maxis match masculine stuff. (Male sims always get the short end of the stick when it comes to CAS content.)
  • befchibefchi Posts: 23 Member
    YouTube
    I mainly watch youtubers and enjoy their content, I am slowly getting more active on twitter and reddit as well :)