Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Scenarios Survey

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

Survey Questions
How did you learn about Scenarios?
How satisfied are you with Scenarios?
What excited you most about Scenarios?
Thinking about what made you most excited about Scenarios, how well did Scenarios live up to your expectations?
Some Scenarios were only available for a limited time. Please rate your agreement with the following statement: Limited-time Scenarios were available for long enough for me to be able to play them.
What, if anything, would you like to see us improve about Scenarios?
Which Scenario(s) did you play?
How satisfied were you with these Scenarios?
Is there anything else you would like to say about Scenarios?

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6601243/Scenarios-V1-Survey
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Well, that was completed quickly. I just have no interest in guided-goal-gameplay. Sims is a sandbox where I like to take my time doing things. Most of my Sims rarely complete any skill (besides cooking or fitness, sometimes gardening) during their lifetime.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Thanks for posting the link.

I've left my feedback. No to time limited Scenarios. And more scenarios that aren't just "challenges" but actual storytelling ideas. I may be alone on that one, but I don't do most existing fan challenges for a reason. There's rarely any story seed to it, so it's just as much of a checklist as any Aspiration in game.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I'm really happy they are collecting feedback. I hope this brings about a bunch of new scenarios that are much improved because I have not enjoyed them as much as I hoped. Mostly I really felt the reward was too small and needed to be doubled, have simoleons added, or present a special reward item. And I'd like more gameplay challenge variety like: Become a Vampire/ Mermaid. Rescue a stray cat/dog. Adopt an Orphan. Become a Grandparent. Open a bakery. Resurrect a ghost. Build a robot. Become a doctor and delivery a baby. Not all of them need to take a long time, can be simple, fun and easy, like I don't know, get blue milk from a cow, discover all the recipes from food festival stalls. Grow a perfect rose bush.

The toddler one was my favourite of the bunch.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I answered and basically said I don’t feel like they’ve added anything to the game at all. I don’t understand the point of them to be honest. There’s no real rewards or consequences, they don’t add any extra drama or humor or anything really. I tried two, got bored part way in and have abandoned the saves entirely.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I answered and basically said I don’t feel like they’ve added anything to the game at all. I don’t understand the point of them to be honest. There’s no real rewards or consequences, they don’t add any extra drama or humor or anything really. I tried two, got bored part way in and have abandoned the saves entirely.
    My answers practically mirrored yours exactly! I can create stories on my own, and I will give them much more depth than these checklists. I just don’t see the point 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I like them and have been using the challenge sims in some cases as new neighbours in my worlds. I would like them more challenging though as well. Wasn't a fan of the holiday one though.

I just hope those that dislike the idea don't say they play them at the beginning of the survey then proceed to tear them apart. Wouldn't be fair to those who do enjoy. Just be honest in the survey.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Oh I agree @Bluegayle, I tried to be fair and honest in my response. I don’t dislike them entirely, I just don’t feel like they add much to my personal style of gameplay. I offered honest improvement ideas that might draw me in to them. Everyone has their own style and opinion, that should always be respected.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I said that I didn't like scenarios, and that they (especially the limited-time ones) were fairly pointless when we could already do them in-game with the tools we have, and it would be even better because we wouldn't be beholden to the railroading and limits unless we want to be. Then I suggested they include a scenario about dragons, since that would genuinely be refreshing and fun.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you for sharing simgirl1010, I answered that I was not interested in the scenarios. I don't think they were for me, maybe they were more interesting for new players.

If the scenarios had more rules that affected how to play the game and were more challenging, then I might have been interested.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Haven't played any as they don't interest me.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    They definitely have to give sims rewards for finishing the scenarios, that would definitely make them pretty cool. Now there's not much you get from them. Also time limited ones are a bad idea.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Oh I agree @Bluegayle, I tried to be fair and honest in my response. I don’t dislike them entirely, I just don’t feel like they add much to my personal style of gameplay. I offered honest improvement ideas that might draw me in to them. Everyone has their own style and opinion, that should always be respected.

Awesome thats the way it should be. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for pointing the survey out, I would have missed it otherwise.

I also mentioned not liking scenarios offered for a limited time only.
    I'm interested in the scenarios, I like the structured goal oriented play, some challenges type play and some idea prompting play that they offer as a change up. I also like good old sandbox play which is probably my more typical play style. I'm definitely interested in seeing more scenarios added to the game so there are more to choose from/something for everyone (and please don't forget to add some occult related scenarios as well).
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Well that was a short survey.
    "Have you played scenarios?"
    No.
    "Why haven't you played scenarios?"
    I'm not interested in scenarios.
    "Thanks, bye."
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I tried one scenario but was bored after a short while. I wrote scenarios make no sense for me since you can play them without a scenario starter. The community challenges we already have are much more better and challenging. They should make a scenario editor to create own scenarios and share them with other simmers.
    I don't need scenarios, I need new gameplay.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited January 2022
    I kind of love them. Lol! I have a scenario save, And that’s pretty much the only save I’ve been playing with since it was introduced. I just use them as a jumping off idea for new households. I would want there to be better rewards, more negative outcomes, and maybe multi step scenarios.

Also for them to add a way for existing households to join a scenario.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    They certainly need better rewards. I would also love it if they included a difficulty setting as I like to make them a challenge.

For instance, 3 toddlers was too easy. We could have had an option for easy (with a lesser reward), moderate with 4 toddlers and a better reward or hard with 5 toddlers and an even better reward.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've been out on a break so I actually just heard about these now. Having read up quickly, I think they are there for certain players who want more direction. It's interesting that you can play them in separate saves. I have a long running main save so they obviously aren't suited to that. I also kind of make up my own scenarios regularly. For example, lately I've been playing a random teen character who is new in town (and will grow up) that moved into Forgotten Hollow. She's neighbors with the vampires but is a mortal. I haven't decided if she'll turn, be a human fangirl or move into the rest of the world. She's an uncomplicated character that is going around discovering the world and running into my various other sims.

I'll probably continue playing that save because it's like a bunch of old friends so that might influence my interest in playing any scenarios. I might try them out but I wouldn't abandon my main save. I get that some players need direction and want a beginning, middle and end to a situation. That isn't me but I might try playing scenarios for a change sometime. I can see the appeal to people with limited time. The rewards are silly though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I agree with everyone who’s said better rewards. When they announced the too many toddlers one, I first thought “who would even want to play like this?” Then I looked at my active family and realized I was raising and skulking up four toddlers with them, no scenario needed.

They seem like they’re designed for people getting bored with the current gameplay rather than people content with the game but who are always interested in new content and ways to play.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Another thing that would make them more attractive to play would be if the reward was a unique trait. We already get trait rewards from completing aspirations, so why not from completing scenarios too? It would be nice if my Sim who completed the toddler challenge had a special parenting trait as a reward with social interactions, moodlets etc..

I definitely want to see them continue I just think they can be improved. I hope the feedback wasn't so negative that they cancel it because I like getting new gameplay content to try. I personally want Maxis to provide my game with everything I don't really want to have to look to influencers or modders for ideas because a lot of them use cheats and mods, for example, I've always wanted to do the rags to riches one but I never did it until the money scenario because I never knew how to make their income level zero. So I really appreciate they added a very popular challenge to the game.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Thanks! It was a short one for me though. I haven't played the scenarios as they don't interest me.

Same for me. :D
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Survey Questions
    How did you learn about Scenarios?
    How satisfied are you with Scenarios?
    What excited you most about Scenarios?
    Thinking about what made you most excited about Scenarios, how well did Scenarios live up to your expectations?
    Some Scenarios were only available for a limited time. Please rate your agreement with the following statement: Limited-time Scenarios were available for long enough for me to be able to play them.
    What, if anything, would you like to see us improve about Scenarios?
    Which Scenario(s) did you play?
    How satisfied were you with these Scenarios?
    Is there anything else you would like to say about Scenarios?

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6601243/Scenarios-V1-Survey

Oh that was a short survey 😂😂😂.

I said no I’m not interested in scenarios but there wasn’t any space or next question to say why.

I would be interested if they were more diverse and effected the neighbourhood more. The current ones, particularly the ones not time sensitive are doable yourself.

Perhaps even some new scenarios changing the visuals in the world but maybe that’s too big.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top