Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Llandros2012
    Congratulations to Aldo for successfully making the climb and completing the aspiration! Wow, you're fast, both done already. Now you have the rest of the month free to do any base game aspirations you want for Aldo. The first time Essa climbed, I didn't have a clue where to find the trail marker. Eventually found it, but that caused her to get a silver from taking too much time in that first leg of the climb.

Even though there usually is a tent all set up for climbers, it's not always there. It wasn't the first time Essa climbed, I'm so glad she took a tent too. Rather than a cooler, she took harvestables and Josh took some Superfood salad he'd made. Josh is a Fresh Chef so nothing spoils.

Great idea doing something to remember the climb. Essa and Josh took a bunch of photos, but they also made a snowpal together and left a gnome she'd brought behind as well. When they made the second climb where Josh proposed at the top, those things were still there. I'm sure they still are too, along with the poo hoo bush I placed for them to celebrate the engagement. ;) I loved how they got gold for that trip. It's so beautiful up there, love all the photos Aldo took and of course he had to take a selfie! Looking forward to the day Cale makes the climb. Congrats again!

@permanentrose
    Oh hey I completely understand. I've been struggling NOT to write a story for Cale. After a year of writing, it's kind of weird writing in such a minimal way. But I'm enjoying it as well. Slowly sliding back into more screenshots too. But I won't let that become every update, just now and then. I'm guessing those burgers are made of some kind of meat substitute is the reason she can eat those. You know I was just teasing calling you a meanie, right? :)

Oh man, yeah, I have to restrain myself from taking too many scenic shots. The mountain is just so beautiful I can't help myself. Yeah, I had planned to wait a bit longer before he had any kind of permanent dwelling, but got sick of the rain/thunderstorms and so many loading screens sending him to the Onsen, the bar, the park, etc. as a result. I'll probably keep his little shack the way it is now with minor upgrades until Fall when he'll need a greenhouse.

Cordelia was a great surprise! Wasn't surprised she mesmerized him through the wall. I keep meaning to install that mod too. Thanks for the reminder, I'll do that after comments. :) Cale's luck is very sporadic though. I'm thankful he's had a run of good luck at the moment. It would be nice if it lasts, but realistically I know it won't. I think it was brave of you to have Robin start in Winter. It's tough, makes it more of a challenge and even more meaningful and satisfying when they do succeed. :)

Love how happy Robin looks in your daily post pic! It is a bit unrealistic and breaks immersion when Sims from distant worlds visits, but not much we can do about it so I just have accepted it. Besides, I'd be sad if I never got to see anyone but those living in the current world. So it's nice Robin could spend some time with her cousin anyway. :)

Oh boy, yeah, good excuse it's icy Aimi. hehe Glad Robin did better later. Oh I love how you used the cave echo for Robin to find out Aimi likes her too. Cute! I don't blame you for wanting some romance in Robin's life. I'm finding it a bit challenging not doing that with Cale. He'll have LOTS of *cough* romance later when he's a YA and beyond. However, he is getting to know a few ladies for the future. Just hasn't met any teens yet! It's frustrating! I'm thinking about putting the teen hangout lot trait on the park or something. Hopefully that will help.

Ugh, those gigantic bugs freak me out! Do they really have bugs that big in Japan? I'm guessing not and they're just that big because, well, it's the Sims! hehe

@LegacySims2017
    Thanks, he's enjoying it very much! Nice having a place to lay his head for longer than just a series of naps. Plus, as nice as having abundant energy can be, it's hard to get rid of the emotion when they take naps when you want another emotion for them. Yep, Cale wasn't too sure about climbing at first, but he was really getting into it once he tried it. Helps that I made all the snowy sports activities things he likes. :)

No, I'm not aspiration hopping, I made it a rule for myself my Sims have to do one aspiration at a time, those associated with the world first of course. I did that with Essa last year too for most of the challenge. Toward the end she did a little hopping though. :)

Congrats to DJ for his promotion and finally being able to afford the tent. Wonderful that he loves sleeping in the great outdoors. Cute snowpal he made, one of my favorite versions. The one with the icicle mohawk is my favorite. DJ is doing so well!

@afai1261
    Absolutely love your writing! Great story for Aaron and the mutual attraction between him and Hunter. Can't say as I blame him, Hunter is gorgeous! I use something similar to Wonderful Whims *cough* and love that attraction system! If I had used that though to determine relationships, Essa and Josh might not have become a couple. While she found him extremely attractive, he found her 'basic.' o.O But I was having none of that and changed around the things that attracted him and he then found her simply attractive, but it was good enough. :) Kudos to you though for using that as a relationship yardstick!

Ugh, frustrating how they sometimes won't sit together in the Onsen eh? Or even look at each other when chatting. Ah well... I'm glad Aaron has some things to smile about lately, he deserves it! :)

*Note - I apologize for the length of these comments today. Normally I try to restrain myself and make them shorter, but I just let the thoughts flow today, feeling chatty I guess? Or maybe just missing writing. Anyway, please don't feel y'all have to write as much as I do, it's just the way I am sometimes. I can't help it. I love to write! :) Off to look around the forum and then go play with Cale after lunch. Have a great day/night everyone! <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Day 6: Buying and selling

QhYOvyA.png
    Still in need of some more simoleans after buying a tent, I headed back to the park bright and early. I quickly found three students, but one wandered off mid session and I only got paid for two.
    KaIXScu.png
    eCg3nFz.png
    I was feeling a little dejected so I went and grabbed some lunch.
    Kij37s3.png
    With my belly full, I started feeling better again so I held another class. I only got two more students, but it was enough to buy a sales table and my own yoga instructors mat! Now I can sell the things I've found/harvested and can host yoga lessons anywhere! I tried out my new mat, drew in two students, and again lost one in the middle of the lesson; I really need to start charging before the class and not after.
    QPhcKdi.png
    I than set up my new table and sold some of my parsley, garlic, and an apple butter I found in the dumpster (what they don't know won't kill them).
    15ieMNc.png
    Tired, but excited by my new possible revenue opportunities, I stopped by the gym for a shower and a bite to eat. I noticed Kaori was there so I hopped on the treadmill next to her in the hopes I might impress her with my athletic ability. She was kind, but didn't seem all that impressed, leaving soon after my arrival.
    q6GhXI7.png
    pf59XQ6.png
    Overall it was a fairly good day and I'm starting to feel more confident in myself, even if I sadly can't impress Kaori.

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments. I'm reading all of the other stories and leaving awesomes on them, but I probably won't be commenting on them individually. This has been a lot of fun so far and I'm glad I'm able to participate in this.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Llandros2012 -
    Congrats on making it to the top on the summit climb, and what gorgeous scenery. I have a question for you. In notes I've read about the Summit Climb, it said that each member of the excursion party needs to be level 6 in rock climbing. I know that the default Ito family does not have any rock climbing skills at all, but have high fitness skills. So, did you play the Ito family separately to have them reach the level 6 rock climbing or is it really not required for them? Also, did everyone have the rock climbing gear or just Aldo? Just asking because last year I had to move in Kiyoshi Ito with the sim I was playing to have them get the rock climbing levels they needed. Would be interested in your strategy on this. Congrats again :)
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Llandros2012 -
    Congrats on making it to the top on the summit climb, and what gorgeous scenery. I have a question for you. In notes I've read about the Summit Climb, it said that each member of the excursion party needs to be level 6 in rock climbing. I know that the default Ito family does not have any rock climbing skills at all, but have high fitness skills. So, did you play the Ito family separately to have them reach the level 6 rock climbing or is it really not required for them? Also, did everyone have the rock climbing gear or just Aldo? Just asking because last year I had to move in Kiyoshi Ito with the sim I was playing to have them get the rock climbing levels they needed. Would be interested in your strategy on this. Congrats again :)

I only had the climbing gear and level 6 skill for Aldo - I didn't even worry about the other people in the group. I think the game really only cares about the climb leader and everyone else is fine. They didn't have any problems making it to the top of the summit.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited January 2022
    Adult - Sulani, Granite Falls, Selvadorada
    Day '14' (July)

01-04-22-7-26-41-pm_orig.png
    Waved Sheena goodbye and had a nice evening by the campfire with the family (after almost burning my arm off). Brought a present home for Naoki, he liked it!

h2mNidA.png
    (Sheena) "Aww, you really have to leave? You can live here if you want!"
    (Bryon) "Haha, thanks for the offer, but I don't think my husband and the rest of my family will like that."

3FKx947.png
    (Sheena) "Did you just say... Hahah... Hahahhaahha... Of course... A husband..."
    (Bryon) "... You okay?"
    (Sheena) "Yeah, of course I am! Well then, it was nice to meet you."
    (Bryon) "Yeah... Same. Okay, I'll go home now. Take care!!"

QYg5ME3.png
    Once back home...

(Bryon) "I brought something for you while I was away!"

GEypkHb.png
    (Naoki) "Aw, for me? You didn't have to do thatttt!!"
    (Bryon) "But I had to! You know what day it is? Love Day!"
    (Naoki) "Oh, you're right, it is! Maybe I should get you a present too then... I ehhh... Got some... Elderberries?"
    (Bryon) "Perfect!"

LR4IP3e.png
    They are quite perfect to plant since I need them elderberries to brew herbalism recipes.

3wMD0fT.png
    Later that evening we planned to start a campfire and have a nice evening together. I lit the fire but that didn't go as planned.

(Bryon) "HOT!!!!"

GMDwkfN.png
    (Bryon) "Heh, nobody saw. Nothing happened."

2qiHEBy.png
    Noël and Melissa were sleeping and Audrey thinks she's a bear, but for the rest all is okay!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    06.Jan.2022 - The one with the bugs...
    fa23e335255f9377a26872bc3583c5f99cd24ab5.png
    Today just wasn’t Kenzie’s day. She finally decided to check out the park in town and was attacked by critters on two different occasions. Those really stung. Kenzie vowed to get some repellant soon.
    However, the day wasn’t all bad. She tried fishing for the first time and ended up really liking it.
    dedce77a779f50bb628f637d9dcaa9021f2adbe1.png
    6194e781196d6b2e374473c36b5b3acba8c41c8f.png
    Kenzie later returned for more fishing and chess.
    e495162a6e62fdf3b2c2a6405a87c7f5d70b919b.png
    f4da41b20849c7a74e4b1f6e56a04227c35cba21.png
    Since today was a super busy day I won't be able to reply and comment, but I will catch up tomorrow! I really need to catch up on some sleep ^^"
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Llandros2012 -

I only had the climbing gear and level 6 skill for Aldo - I didn't even worry about the other people in the group. I think the game really only cares about the climb leader and everyone else is fine. They didn't have any problems making it to the top of the summit.

That is correct :) ONLY the active/selectable sim needs the skill at level 6. :) Last year, the pack was so new, we all thought that all the members need to have, but later discovered that ONLY the active/selectable sims of the group need to :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Llandros2012 - thank you so much for your response. I have only done the summit climb once and was going by something I read last year. Thank you, also to @Ellupelluellu, for clarifying this as well. This really is a great thing to know, because I wasn't up to speed on it! :)
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Did not get caught up with comments... Till page 7, @RememberJoy's Day 5 :)
    Rest tomorrow as I am super tired... sorry for any mistakes I may have made. Will go post my one pic now and then see whether I'll update the post or just leave it at that... Guess this is the reason why I keep some spare ones... :(

@permanentrose
    Aimi looks really cool! Awesome that Robin felt so welcome there and even got a good nap in Aimi's bed :D Awww so precious, the 2 of them!
    Thank you for the compliment! Yeah, I miss that mod. (As UI Cheats and MC Command). Haven't had time to get any of my mods back so far tho... Oh well. :(
    Some of the animations really are hilarious! Father Winter as part-time comedian with a fanclub :D aww, pepper! I want to give Robin a hug <3 You can do it, girl!

@lilypadmeulin
    Thank you for the compliments! It made me really happy to hear what you thought about my writing <3
    I love that "method" of a small paragraph of story, because I don't have to write a full chapter like that if I don't have the energy, but can still just write whatever piece of her story wants to be let out...
    I'm fascinated how you have actually planned stuff out... I'm just winging it because I know I'll get too ambitious otherwise :D
    Oh no... Remembering my own high school days. That's absolutely awful of those girls! Wonder how long Selena will be able to ignore it? :( Oof, yeah, really no fan of Vending machines... Yay for a room! :) Lol. The enthusiasm... "joy, celebrations, etc." :D
    what a cool way to think about it! Life as just a subject in school... :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh no! What an annoying bug. Oh no, poor dylan :D he's really exhausted... LOL @ him hitting on Bella Goth :D Yeah... not very charming, Dylan, you gotta work on that! Though perhaps not on Bella. It was so funny how in the end Mr Ito did the school project for him. He must've been really impressed with Dylan's determination.

@Karababy52
    I love how you're always talking to your Sims, and they seem to answer! :) Yay, no more rain, finally! And wow, what luck with the fishing. He'll have a real home before long!
    Yeah... Sims can get "too easy" fast if we don't keep ourselves busy, huh? Totally agree about Mementos and personality - and I've loved seeing all of Essa and Josh's homes and everything they've collected over the months.

@Skeilah
    "just a little while", huh? And I think I remember Naoki having the jealous trait... Hope all is ok for them :( Your hermit looks awesome tho! Yay for Milestone 1!!!

@KateLynne
    Cool sledding pics! I love the atmosphere in the last one :)
    Guess I know why, but still - she really is on her own now... Quite a harsh realization to have to come to :( but Moira sounds like such an awesome friend.
    Awww, thank you so much for the compliments! It's really been flowing all by itself :) I really emphasize with her - she has a lot of me in her, and I was actually trying to explore some of my own struggles through her :)

@Llandros2012
    I think I already said that, but he's always so determined... (Or rather, you are with him...) :) Yay for no quick meal! Oooh, Watchers are nice, right? They'd never be that mean! (Except for milestones, of course... which EA made. So EA is the real baddie here! :D ) Oh, Night on the town can be so fun when you don't have much money :)
    Thank you about the lots! Felt really proud so I wanted to show them off :)

@RememberJoy
    That's a really good fee for 1 student! Did not know that... Thanks! Brindleton Bay is really a beautiful city, I'm telling you :P

@Ellupelluellu
    Ooof, I feel you on the comments :D And almost 2 pages still to go! :( Oh, that's a cool mod though! And thank you so much for the comments <3
    Well... at this point most surprises would probably nasty, so I guess boring is better, eh? :D Oh, hello Sakura!
    Wow, everyone wants to teach him how to fish :D Is he such a good student - or is he just too awful to watch?!
    LOL Sean, she's a darn Vampire... better watch out there! But he got a roof over his head and a bed! That's really great :)

@SoulGal7
    That's such a cool Proverb! I'll remember that for RL too - choosing to never give up hope. Thank you! <3

@LegacySims2017
    Yes, new beginnings... In a way, her struggles are very similar to mine right now. :) Oh, yep. Sometimes I really think about myself like a Sim with moodlets and needs... helps figure out what I need to feel better :D
    Fun sledding! I loved your descriptive writing in this one :) Yay for Yamachan!

@afai1261
    Aww, thank you! I'll pass the hug on to her <3 Yep, I figured, since she hasn't come straight out of CAS like yours, I might as well use the stuff...
    Oh, he looks so happy having found that treasure chest :)
    "appeared beside the bed" :D Oof, you're a strict watcher too, huh? Oh no for bills :(

@IllusoryThrall
    Oh hi dear, lovely to see you pop in! I really miss Jaz too, but you know... sometimes it may be better to take your time :)
    Thank you so much for the lovely words though!!!
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Super tired after trying to catch up on comments... Next time, the other way around! For now, one pic. I may update this later or just leave it... We'll see :)
    Have a great day/night everyone!
    January, Day 6 - "A breath of fresh air..."
    01-05-22-8-59-48-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @miss_eulenauge , Rest of your comments are under Skeilah's spoiler :) Just saying so you notice and people know where to look :)

Comments - Day 4 and 5

@KateLynne
    Day 4 - I love when they sled together on that bunny hill - hmmm, is Koji perhaps someone that can become more than just a friend? Not sure how much older he is but there's always potential I guess! Love that last pic going up the stairs with the stars in the background.

Day 5 - I don't blame her for the mood swing - that school is pretty demanding. Poor Moira - at least she was understanding about things. That garden should start bringing in some moeny soon!

@miss_eulenauge
    Day 4 - I bet she would be losing it to see everything gone - but hopefully things will go well enough to build things back where they were. Love the mailbox - I forgot about those!

Day 5 - I hate that they can't offer a plate to anyone else so the poor dogs and cats are left going hungry. I guess you can give them a treat but that's gonna cost money each time. Like your plan of keeping the first of each collectable. I always hate selling them because I get obsessed with my sims trying to complete those collections!

@RememberJoy
    Day 4 - I am so glad for that spa day update - it's always good to have another way to make money! Congrats on the fish!

Day 5 - Congrats on the tent! Makes things so much better when that weather won't cooperate! I didn't know you can post classes on Simstagram - I may have to spend more time with that wellness skill!

@Ellupelluellu
    Day 4 - Wow! What a garden you have started!

Day 5 - Wow - look at all the helpers that popped in for his day of fishing! I think I remember that you are doing that fishing aspiration too - you're moving right along! Glad you have a bartender showing up!

@lilypadmeulin
    Day 4 - yeah, that school grade takes a while to move - yikes! another vending machine accident! Congrats on the addition - I think my building is only 4 tiles but he can't go inside since there is no door yet!

Day 5 - Congrats on the shower! I picked up the one from Outdoor Retreat so that we can bring it everywhere - makes things a little easier. Those gold Simmis can really add up but I tend to lose money on those vending machines - Selena did good! I'd have probably kept the tent but she may not ever need it - plus she has shelter now and will do just fine.

@LegacySims2017
    Day 4 - Love sledding on the bunny hill - never seen the mascot up on the hill - that was awesome!

Day 5 - Congrats on the promotion! Yeah, I think with a tent and a few amenities, DJ could be just fine living outside. I'm in no rush with Aldo but there are times that I am ready for him to have something nicer!

@afai1261
    Day 4 - Poor Aaron! All that fitness and on an injury as well! I can see being upset and letting out a few choice words as well! Thank goodness for the Onsen!

Day 5 - I didn't know that fishing got you emotionally mindful - I was struggling to get there - good job for Aaron! I'm not sure who Ezra's mother is but now I need to go look at Maxis' page to figure it out!!

@permanentrose
    Day 4 - Well Robin got probably the best sleep anyone in this challenge has gotten so far - even if it wasn't a full night! I love seeing the Ito's in everyone's game - I think they've interacted with quite a few of these challenge sims! Glad Robin found Aimi attractive - there's some potential there!

Day 5 - I'd just let her play that piano and let the tips start - she'll get better! I am so waiting for one of us to end our sims lives with those vending machines - it's just a matter of time! Smart idea to add a fridge and microwave at the Onsen. Loving the look of disgust toward you forcing chicken nuggets on her!

@Karababy52
    Day 4 - Cale is knocking it out of the park with those Simmi's - I'm still apprehensive about those machines but should probably try a bit more often. Well, at least the first part of the day went well!

Day 5 - I really like Cale's new shack! Well, that's one way to deter the vampires! I love when they get confused because there is no door but when they can't get in to drink is pretty good too! Oh my - you are doing the Simple Living lot challenge on top? Yikes, that would be tough. It seems to me that rock climbing takes a really long time to level up but Cale is doing great - I didn't buy the climbing gear until we did the excursion so it may actually have slowed up my progress. I didn't get the gold medieval, just the regular one. I didn't let him sell it yet.

@SoulGal7
    Day 4 - oh man - Judith gets around - she and Brytani Cho seem to just stalk my sims but I haven't seen her in my game - yet! I didn't know you could get more than 1 - I normally get the brush off when I ask so I've felt lucky to even get one autograph! Well, that's gonna help financially! I sometimes wish I'd started with a klepto as well - maybe next time! Still waiting to see some challenge sims - I wonder if I really need to put them in a house?
    Day 6 - January 6th

MUKH4L0.png
    Excursion #2 is on! Kiyoshi and Aldo made it to the first marker and it was a little more intimidating - the weather wasn't as clear and they were taking this climb without adult supervision - just fine by them!

rkHLs7m.png

The boys stopped for a quick bite and started a bonfire. It was nice to warm up a bit before pushing forward to the next level.

6dUNQOf.png

Once they reached the summit, the clouds parted and they could see the sights even better than before. They congratulated each other on a safe and smoother climb - this time earning a gold ranking!

HzcqauF.png

A few selfies had to be taken as well - you know, for bragging rights back at school!

zWCxn05.png

The boys decided that they would make this a tradition every summer to make it to the top of the mountain. Hopefully, life won't get in the way of their teenage plans!

MUKH4L0.png

Speaking of school, who brings their homework to complete at the top of the world? These two apparently...

svdAA1f.png

One quick bowl of cereal and it will be time to head back down. Kiyoshi's parents will be relieved to know that they are safe and sound and ready for a new week!

IiQADEg.png

This climb was all about getting a better ranking for the excursion - and we did!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Guys I'm really sorry that I'm not gonna get around to comments today. I was on covid quarantine for the past week due to an exposure so I had a lot of lovely free time, but now I'm back at school in person and today really wiped me out and I have a lot of tests coming up. Tomorrow's shaping up to be extremely busy too, but I'll try to squeeze some comments in if I can. One of my favorite parts of this challenge is just how connected we all get by interacting with each other's stories, so I feel bad when I don't have the time to do that. Just know I'm still reading your updates even if I run out of time to say anything about them!
    My 2 penny for the commenting :)

Thank you @permanentrose for your post <3

Commenting is not mandatory, it is not said in the rules of the challenge..

Naturally it is very nice to receive comments, and personally I try my best to comment back.

BUT, it also can be very time consuming, maybe stressing, and sometimes even taking off the fun part of the challenge. (if I make any sense)

That is true reason why I keep mine sort of short, also as foreigner, not English native speaker it needs extra effort.

So far, I try to comment on everyone, and I will ALWAYS reply if commented on mine, but time will come, when I comment only to ones commenting on mine. As that saves me from extra headache :)(literally true as I get often migraine after staring the text in screen)

Just my 2 penny, sorry <3

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    Before I start my commenting for the evening...if you don't leave me a comment, I will never feel offended. I just like sharing my opinions on the chapters and other comments myself. Doesn't mean I expect anything in return. Please do not feel obligated to leave "me" a comment because I provided one to you. I just hope you enjoy my thoughts on what I share with you. :blush:

January 6th Comments:

@afai1261
    I think Aaron and Hunter are going to make a great couple if that is your intent. Otherwise, they'll definitely be BFFs.

@permanentrose
    I had a good chuckle seeing Robin grin when Aimi fell over from snowboarding. Laughed a bit harder with Aiden.

@Karababy52
    I just run with it with the moodlets. If I can make a story from it, I do. If not, I just wait for the time on it to run out and hope for the best to get something else I can use. :smiley:

I like that snowpal too. I've seen a few when doing Snowy Escape research in the past. I'm thinking I might have D.J. create more around his Lot since I don't think I'll have him work on building an actual home.

@RememberJoy
    I enjoy watching Adam instruct his yoga classes. Really sucks some leave in the middle. It should automatically charge if they even start it.

@Skeilah
    Wow! Sheena was really forward telling Bryon he could just stay and live there. :lol: Then she found out he was taken...with someone from the same gender. She laughed, but I bet she really was jealous inside.

@KateLynne
    I bet fishing and chess were way more fun than bugs for Kenzie. I don't think I'll have D.J. do any ice fishing as I am doing winter season and it's always cold no matter where he goes in town. But fishing looks really fun for all these Challenge Sims.

@miss_eulenauge
    It's kind of fun and interesting if you can share your life and bring it into your Sims'. Hopefully it's more of the positives than negatives, though.
    That's really @Karababy52 intent...one daily image. You don't really need anything else. I like it. Especially when your title explains it all. :smile:

@Llandros2012
    I was surprised to see Yamachan on the slope as well. I was waiting as the Festival of Snow is coming up in my gameplay. I figured I could get the selfie there, but when I saw it wandering the bunny slopes, I was like.... "Selfie time!"
    So, Aldo and Kiyoshi received gold status second round? I'm looking forward to having D.J. do the excursion. And good to know that the party doesn't have to have the correct skills, just the one being controlled.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 6: "I'm a hot head, what's wrong with that?"

5gxZByT.png

Notes
    2O00dUu.png
    The next day was Monday and Cale woke up angry. It didn't help much he tried to go to school and spun into a uniform. Cale had a fit over that. Then the bills arrived, over 400 simoleans and that made him even angrier.

MvDWwfz.png
    He wanted to troll teh forums so I let him, thinking it would help. Thankfully, it did.

1pVsRL3.png
    His new punching bag helped too to work out his anger issues.

Ma9g1q2.png
    Tending to his garden calmed him down even more. Since he was now in a somewhat better mood, he ran over to see if there were any garden seeds in a vending machine. There wasn't any, so I had him buy a Simmi. The machine ate his money and all that effort to calm him down flew right out the window.

EztdaEX.png
    As he was walking back home, he saw two strangers standing at his door. The guy on the left is Damon Masters, Essa and Josh's vampire Master. His son, Seth, is also married to Josh and Essa's daughter Josee. Lastly, his wife, Molly, is Essa's best friend. Essa had a long, complicated history with the handsome vampire. Anyway, the lady is L. Faba, the Mischief Sage and Essa's honorary Mom. I don't know what Damon said to her, but whatever it was appeared to be shocking.

0Q7k5k6.png
    "I don't know who you people are and I don't care to know you either. Go back home to your kitchen lady, where you belong. And you, leave now before I make you leave. Got it!?"

Bf0rrOh.png
    Cale regretted his words as soon as they left his mouth. What was wrong with him? Why did he have to be so mean? That's no way to treat a lady. He wasn't like his step-Dad. Right?

6SMxkPR.png
    Before he could say anything, perhaps apologize to Damon, he sped away.

tNoghcA.png
    (Okay, well clearly that one was a vampire. I don't regret he left now.)

dMcplsT.png
    Cale went inside to take a cold shower and think. He didn't like who he was very much right now.

zbFC4zr.png
    Afterward, he went fishing. That always seemed to help him relax and for awhile it did. But then a stray cat started howling and meowing at him and it got on his nerves making him angry once more.

hA5sYbn.png
    Cale went home to do some more boxing. He was mad at the world and wanted to hit something. He hit the bag a little too hard though and it flew back and smacked him in the face.

9fHTJ3G.png
    (The monkey never learns does he. I deserved that.)

dkp1L9l.png
    Over by the staircase behind his lot, I saw someone flailing around and went over to see what was going on. Anyone remember Agent Stone? The guy in charge of Essa's Witness Protection? His real name is Bryce Canyon. Poor guy was being attacked by hornets.

24IEVtt.png
    Not long after that, I thought I saw Bryce walking back after he'd left, but turns out it was actually Adam Lambert, Global Superstar! I didn't realize I'd dressed he and Bryce in the same hot weather outfit. Opps! Anyway, Adam agreed to an autograph and Cale called to get an appraisal as he walked away. It's worth 3200! Whoa! I had Cale hang it on his shack wall right next to Veera. Sorry Dude, you can't sell that one either.

Cale went back to boxing after that and that's where I left him.

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited January 2022
    @KateLynne
    Bummer about the insects attacking her, but glad she tried fishing and likes it! That's a plus! :) Chess is always a fun activity too! Plus, it'll get her logic up other aspirations in the future.

@miss_eulenauge
    Thanks, that was a fun update with the convo between Cale and me. It was an experiment really, not sure what I think about it. It was fun, but I probably won't do much of it from here on out. Cale has a way of looking straight at me though, just as Josh would do, as if he's trying to tell me something, so I just ran with it for fun. :) Yes, I loved saving all the mementos and photos to display in their homes. It made it seem more like 'their' home every time they moved. I'll most likely be doing the same thing with Cale. :)

Beautiful daily post pic of Lucy. I love those two lots where she's standing. I've had many a SIm live on both of them. :)

@Llandros2012
    My best advice about those Simmi machines is to never, ever have them shake the machine if they have any kind of negative moodlet active associated with those machines. Thanks about his shack, I like it too! :) Yep, locking the doors will somewhat deter them. Or setting the door to disallow vampires. I've unlocked the door now though. It was just that one time I didn't want him to be under the affects of a bite. I'm one of those that normally wants break-ins as the pack intended. :)

Yes, I am! I'm trying to make this as challenging as I can. He won't have the tiny living lot trait and I don't plan to buy many, if any, reward traits for him either. The climbing gear does help them progress faster, and it helps to keep them from falling too much as well. At least on the bigger hills. Starting out, they always fall regardless, but they're not in danger of dying on the small hills.

Oh Wow, they went back right away and climbed the mountain again? Very brave of them to do that, and very generous of Kyoshi's parents to let him do that! Congrats on getting Gold this time.

@LegacySims2017
    Yes, I normally do that as well, if the moodlet causing something interesting to happen. For example in my update for Cale today. The faces he makes when he's angry just beg for it. I'm finding it interesting playing him since he's hot-headed and mean. Never had a Sim like that before. hehe Very cool about DJ building a bunch of Snowpals around his lot. I always thought it would be fun to have my Sims build an army of them, or perhaps have an erratic Sim think one is their friend and talk to it all the time. Wouldn't that be fun? Be sad though when it melts. o.O Oh no! What happened to my friend!? hehe

*Everyone - Last year I always said during the challenge that comments are not mandatory. As @Ellupelluellu shared I don't have any rules for them and didn't feel it was necessary to have any rules. Comments are always wonderful to get and very motivating, at least for me. However, I don't want anyone to feel stressed about doing them if they don't have time for it due to real life responsibilities or other personal reasons! Of course those are most important and always come first! This is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

I know it can seem very daunting and stressful trying to do them for everyone, even when you want to, just because. I would suggest only writing comments to those who have commented on yours or ask you a question, again as Ellu has shared she will be doing at some point. It just makes sense doing it that way. If you still want to do comments for everyone, regardless if they've commented on yours or not, of course that's up to you.

I've been writing comments for everyone, but will admit now that's it's starting to become stressful. I love commenting, but I have a tendency to write TOO much. I can't help it. I've tried cutting them short in the past and it just doesn't work. :D So it's my own fault really. But in an effort to keep my sanity, fingernails and hair, I'll be doing the same. I hope y'all understand. I will, of course, always read everyone's posts and give out awesomes though, please know that will always be true. :)

Forgot to add, Thank You very much Ellu for your post, it was very much appreciated and a well written insight on this subject! <3
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    comments for day 5 plus SoulGal's day 4 (once again not proofread :D )

@LegacySims2017
    Looks like DJ took a bit of a fall! Great that he did better on his second go!

@permanentrose
    Love that expression on Robin's face doing the mixology :joy:
    Father Winter's old lady fan club made me laugh
    Poor Pepper being yelled at! I hate it when random sims are mean to dogs for no reason
    Oh Robin! Another gets struck with the curse of the vending machine...
    Haha giving Robin chicken nuggets is almost as bad as me making Aaron eat spoiled food all the time!

@KateLynne
    Those mood swings are rough! Glad Kenzie felt better after having a good rant!

@lilypadmeulin
    Selena is making excellent progress!
    I really need to have Aaron buy more simmis to see if he gets a golden one. Selena seems to be doing really well with regards to finding those!

@Ellupelluellu
    LOVE that daily pic with the fish flying through the air!
    I spy a Mayor Whiskers :smiley:
    Also love everyone coming over just to teach Sean how to fish!

@miss_eulenauge
    Love that advice from her grandfather! She looks very determined in the daily pic.

@RememberJoy
    Adam looks so happy in the picture with the vendor. And congrats for getting a tent!

@Karababy52
    Cale has a lovely little shack! Love how rustic it looks.
    Poor Cale getting mesmerised though! Glad that he was able to still fish.
    Lovely pictures of him climbing and I love that little conversation you had going with him!

@SoulGal7
    Okay wow 16 autographs??? That's incredible! Dylan is a Judith Ward mega-fan, clearly.
    I love the kleptomaniac trait. I have a sim for a runaway teen challenge that is a klepto but he's never stolen anything as valuable as that rock light.

@Llandros2012
    Wow very nice mountain excursion! I've never had a sim complete it before despite having had SE for ages, and seeing your screenshots is getting me all excited haha. And having him paint a picture from reference is a great idea!
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 7
    47zO4brl_o.jpg
    Aaron returned home to his lot from the onsen with a spring in his step and the feeling of growing excitement in anticipation of seeing him again. Hunter was funny, charismatic, not to mention extremely good-looking... He didn't make the mistake of almost asking Hunter to move in again, but he had of course expressed his desire to hang out more, which Hunter had readily agreed to. But was he moving too fast? They were of course good friends now (or at least Aaron considered Hunter a good friend. He was definitely the first friend Aaron had felt this close to in a long time) but there was still something small telling him to take it slow. He didn't want the spark he definitely felt with Hunter to burn out too fast. Maybe he needed to consider his options... The Watcher had someone for him, and maybe Hunter was that sim. Or maybe he wasn't. Regardless, he found Hunter very attractive and wouldn't be opposed at all to starting something with him. But then there was another question burning in his mind. Maybe he was just being nice when he said that Aaron was a cool guy... perhaps he wasn't even gay. He tried to ignore the intrusive thought, albeit unsuccessfully. Was he being stupid?
    ~~~

And how are we doing on this fine morning, Aaron?
    O3qzDSn.png
    Not angry at all, that's a good sign! Maybe being with Hunter brings out the best in him ;)

He had fished up a bonsai bud recently so I had him plant it
    lcSeh4x.png

Then I got him a rubbish bin. Super exciting, am I right?
    lRwGgBk.png

Okay you need to slow down, you're not learning vampire lore until August! Unless he's trying to demonstrate how good he'd be at being a vampire's boyfriend and a willingness to learn about his partner's lifestate...
    DblcjEe.png

He managed to catch a huge sturgeon worth 145 simoleons!
    p3c06M6.png

And while he was fishing, I was over at the park, and look who showed up! It's Robin! :)@permanentrose
    ulUWbkC.png

And for some reason, Keisha was giving her the side-eye. So rude lol
    PLG1MAH.png

I decided that Aaron should go and be sociable
    PQxjjMI.png

He was feeling angry from getting a prank call, so it did not go as well as it could've
    Yyotm5C.png

After he introduced himself to Robin (I genuinely have no idea why she was sad though) I sent him off to the onsen. And look who was there. Selena (@lilypadmeulin ), looking a bit angry about who knows what :D
    0IXxjUE.png

Time to go to the lounge.
    Aaron started working on his school project and I had the brilliant idea of inviting Hunter over
    OXhrSlD.png
    hyD5oWh.png

Aaron got a sentiment for him which I thought was very sweet
    EySNeNA.png
    I guess being with Hunter really does bring out the best in him and makes him happy!

To finish his aspiration, he needed to find some forest spirits so I sent him on a hike
    11RsXdK.png

After failing to find those forest spirits, he bought a couple of apples from the machine in the onsen and went home to plant them. He still doesn't have any walls but a small garden is at least a start, right? :joy:
    aBWZYoN.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited January 2022
    Hi All!
    Just letting everyone know I am having problems with my game. It just keeps crashing for no reason and right now it won't even stay up for 1/2 hour. I click somewhere, the screen freezes and then it just blanks out. Have repaired, cleared cache, and updated. So frustrating. Hopefully will get the game in good shape again that I can play. Have been reading all your stories & will comment on them this weekend (even though I know we don't have to, I like to). Thanks, and have a wonderful day/night!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 7

5FXBkha.jpg
    The next day, it was the Festival of Snow! Finally, my vendors are working properly. Thank you for your service, elder Candy Behr :DIdo0Mm1.png

A funny meal to eat with chopsticks since the food already comes on a stick, but you do you Robin :D (And it does knock off two milestones)7RcPHYT.png"

Aimi arrived shortly after and greeted her with a warm embrace.
    nkEs6NQ.jpg

"Come on, let's go sledding!"
    dmGszDg.jpg

"Oh, no, Aimi! I think we're gonna crash!"
    "We're fineeee!"
    4y1HMhK.jpg

"Okay, maybe not..."
    59CXaPQ.png

*CRASH*
    5rV5V6m.jpg

Though they were both a little sore, they were in good spirits and decided to go down a few more times.
    81EyCfZ.jpg
    R0XHXmz.png

Feeling chilly and still a bit achy, they hit the hot springs.
    wx84Ofg.png

And perhaps things would have heated up if Aimi's brother hadn't been soaking in there several feet away :D Oh well, maybe next time...
    zOC0LJw.png

"I had a great time," Aimi told her as the headed their separate ways. "I'm really enjoying getting to know you."
    gIOfFGK.jpg
    @afai1261
    Thank you! I had fun building that shack for Cale. It'll get an upgrade soon though. It's now the last week of Summer for Cale and he'll need at least a little greenhouse for his plants, or perhaps just a roof over them, we'll see. I'm glad he could fish too! Fishing, Simmis and his garden are his only sources of income. The garden is the only one that brings in consistent income. Well, when it doesn't suddenly revert to dirt piles for no reason. Glad you like the convo between the Watcher and Cale. It was an experiment to see how I would like writing that way. It was fun! Might do it more in the future. :)

I'm glad Aaron has decided to take things slow now with Hunter. Even though there seems to be mutual attraction, he could be getting his signals crossed and all Hunter wants is friendship. Great summary about the conflicted feelings going on in his head!

Bonsai bud! Cale fished one up too and I forgot to have him plant it, thanks for the reminder. :) Hunter's a vampire!? Well that's cool. I think it's cool that Aaron seems to know that and wants to learn all he can about his new friend/possible love interest.

Yay! Sturgeon! Cale's caught a couple, but I'm looking forward to when he's maxed out the fishing skill and will catch more. I had a Sim catch 16 in a row at that spot once! o.O Aww, good to see Robin, but why is she so sad? Cheer up dear, at least it's warm there. That's something to smile about. :) Ugh, prank call? Great just one more thing to make Aaron and possibly Cale angry. Sheesh! Lots of angry or sad Sims everywhere! Why so angry Selena? I love sentiments! :) He got apples from the Onsen machine? Okay, I'll have Cale check there. Was it the Bits & Bobbles machine? Or is there a different one they can get harvestables?

Annnd I've written too much. Sorry about that, I guess I just had a lot to say again. Great post! :)

@SoulGal7

Oh no, well that doesn't sound good. I hope you get it figured out what's going on soon. Have you tried doing a total refresh of your gameplay folder? Here's a link that shows how to do that if you'd like to give it a try!

Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling

*Note - Read the entire page before doing anything, important info. toward the bottom. You will not lose anything by doing this method. Just ignore the bits about Mods/CC as I know you play a vanilla game. Hope this helps!

Good luck! :)

@permanentrose
    Glad your vendors are working now! Wow, Candy, didn't age up too well dear. I never would've known it was her if you hadn't told me. Cale uses a fork with those too! They really should just pick them up by the stick. Oh well. Looks like the girls had a great day getting to know each other sledding and soaking in the hot springs. Great update and beautiful screenshots, as always. :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Day 7: Fun in the mountains

Goals Achieved:
    Eat food at a festival

qVRoutc.png
    I have a list of things I want to do while at Mt Komorebi, and visiting one of their many festivals is at the top. Since today's festivities are being held at the top of the mountain, I asked Kiyoshi if he could give me a lift which he happily did. I had some time before the festival began, so a borrowed some skis and took a nice easy run down the slope (I still wiped out somehow).
    xxeIA6W.png
    In honor of the snow festival, I built a snowpal and named him One-eyed Al.
    n403Pbx.png
    Qp9Y0EE.png
    I noticed they were selling snowsuits, and since all I have for the cold weather is my sweater, I decided to drop the last of my money on some new clothes. It was worth it too, I feel much warmer now.
    3jRLErT.png
    I took this opportunity to explore the area and found a hill I could go sledding on, and of course I had to give it a go!
    xreap48.png
    Next I saw a rock climbing wall and decided to put my limited skills to the test. Yes! I made it!
    EubQK7y.png
    zzRgefr.png
    keirK0B.png
    I was fairly chilled at this point so I headed back to the onsen to warm up. After a quick dip, I went skiing one more time and headed back down the mountain for the night.
    MGO5ztf.png
    v3Hy34J.png
    I did a little gardening, but I was still so pumped up by my adventures in the snow that I couldn't sleep. I decided to try hosting a midnight yoga class and see if anyone showed up. At the park I posted my intentions and ended up with one student!
    am52IYG.png
    3B0xo27.png
    She did insult my skills at the end of class, but I still made some money. Now I was feeling sleepier, so I headed home.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    So I'll have to do two updates today, but I'm doing well so far!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top