The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I just hope the Game Pack isn't a "Wedding Planner" Pack. That's not enough for a whole Game Pack.

That would break my heart :bawling:
    and afterwards they'd have to lock me up in mental asylum or something probably

so lets hope its actual romance pack cause i swear if this is another "career and random stuff" I'm done. and the sims will feel my wrath

I didn't wait all these years to be a party planner

in fact if i had to plan party while in my deranged state i might just make it very deathful

red weddings for all i guess

I'm hoping that the "party for love" text are the marketing people just trying to be clever with the celebration theme for the season and it will not just be a wedding planner pack.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Elliandre I hope you feel better very soon. Take care, dear. We look forward to the day you tell us you're COVID free! <3
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I just hope the Game Pack isn't a "Wedding Planner" Pack. That's not enough for a whole Game Pack.

That would break my heart :bawling:
    and afterwards they'd have to lock me up in mental asylum or something probably

so lets hope its actual romance pack cause i swear if this is another "career and random stuff" I'm done. and the sims will feel my wrath

I didn't wait all these years to be a party planner

in fact if i had to plan party while in my deranged state i might just make it very deathful

red weddings for all i guess

I'm hoping that the "party for love" text are the marketing people just trying to be clever with the celebration theme for the season and it will not just be a wedding planner pack.

It will be a wedding pack. I just hope there is more to it like an attraction system, online dating or an update to romantic relationships. I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a wedding themed pack though. If it is DHD2 I will be very dissapointed.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Forgot to say community collaborations are always interesting. Can't wait to see what it is.

I have an idea of what it could be: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/996490/the-sims-team-collaborating-with-a-modder-to-bring-more-toddler-child-activities#latest

::dies:: I can't say I'm superthrilled about a romance game pack, but it's definitely high on other people's lists and I will most likely buy it. But more stuff for my toddlers? Now, we're talking!

@Elliandre best wishes for a full recovery!

And for the werewolf people, I know, not a hair in sight. I do feel a bit bad for you all.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    What’s in it for the builders?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

Build a fancy marquee tent or barn for a merry wedding. 😂
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    ehaught58 wrote: »

One would assume there's more stuff that is wedding themed coming with it. They mentioned new romantic locations to go to, which implies new BB items that were used to make those locations.

One of the very first things I do any time I make a new game is overhaul all the community lots in all of the worlds, including making at least one into a Wedding venue. Personally, I am looking forward to having more options available for doing that.

Unless you meant overall, not just from the game pack. In which case I do agree that the totality of what they announced seems pretty sparse for builders.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    weddings - bah, humbug :smirk:

The only married sims in my game are the pre-mades (the ones I have kept, anyway) and a small handful of others - got a lot of cohabitees tho'.

If romance is on the cards it would be nice to see something with more imagination beyond the fairy tale wedding and living happily ever after trope.

The only wedding event I have ever done,beyond trying it out when I got the game in 2014, was a celebrity wedding.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 2022

True lol
    Hot Date specifically was very saucy for today's standards. ;)

And Nightlife already got almost ALL it's content split between other packs (vampires, bowling, karaoke, DJ booths, restaurants, Crumplebottom), literally each in a separate pack. All we're missing are cars and we can have Nightlife for about 5 times the price.

At least dates are base game... at least...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited January 2022

I read that tweet completely wrong...

The Sims: 4 Play Date rather than The Sims 4: Play Date

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The brown thing in the top left looks rather like a sword…… above the E
    Or a dragon's claw. Which would fit with the wings, the tigers ("the tiger and the dragon" being a Chinese idiom), the rings (eyes) and the wedding cake (which is actually a a tower protected by the firmament, and the stand holding it up is actually a flat Earth.)

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited January 2022

We've probably got people/simmers like Jack Thompson to thank for that. :/

Not that I want graphic just a little more like it was in Sims 2.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I wonder if it's too late to try to convince Maxis that pool tables are romantic and playing pool is a common wedding activity?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The game pack sounds interesting, I'm curious to know more about it.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I wonder if it's too late to try to convince Maxis that pool tables are romantic and playing pool is a common wedding activity?

Maybe something like gamble for your partner on a game a pool? Winner of best of 3 gets to marry? Seems pretty traditional and obvious to me.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Party For Love Game Pack. Meh. That sounds so underwhelming to me. After we got fingernails I was really hoping for werewolves/tigers/etc with fancy claws. Oh, well, it's bound to be better than it sounds.

I hope the folks who want better romance and weddings get something that really satisfies.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Game packs are per EAs definition "Medium sized packs that add new experiences to play in a thematic way" Besides "Parenthood" and "Vampires" before they were nerfed down, GPs has never effected the Sims in a fundamental way. My guess is that this new romantic pack will be centered around the ineraction in the friendly cathegory "Other Sims" where you can introduce different Sims to each other, by asking about them or talk up/down them. I guess it will be very much like "Dream Home Decorator". For example you are match maker and talk up for example Vlad to Candy Behr and then get celebrity points and then arrange their wedding with new romantic build stuff. I don't it will include chemistry/attraction system since it would have a profound effect on game play. I belive I have at lest a few couples that then would separate from each other.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2022
    I will just have to watch for "actual gameplay" in the trailers they release for any content. Only started playing Sims 4 in very end of 2016. I have not seen any actual "gameplay" in their gameplay trailers, like ever. All I see is a bunch of walking, cinematic staged events, and a pretty backdrop. Using a phone, tablet, or computer to do a task is not "new gameplay" I am looking for. To get the type of gameplay I require, the dev team would have to no longer recycle animations. But then, the team seems to like to use phone calls for everything too. I wish that not everything was tied to the darn cellphone.
    @Elliandre I’m very sorry to hear.
    I hope you’re not too symptomatic. Take care and I wish you a speedy recovery!💪🏼

Okay, so about this upcoming Luvvy Duvvy pack:

First of all it would make sense for an attraction system to be added to base game. Yes it would. This preference system should be part of the core simulation as it would affect the entire Ai. I would be surprised if it doesn't get implemented similar to the way likes/ dislikes were added. By leaving certain options unchecked, the game will generate preferences based on a player’s actions or at least ask -"oh hello, would it be safe to assume you prefer ladies with clean, pink toenails and pointy ears?"-, so that no one gets unwanted results.

Future packs could also make use of such base game system, say for example your lady sim prefers males with bodyhair. BOOM! When (undoubtedly) both that werebeast pack and body hair menu update get released this lovely year, it would be relatively easy to add that to the system too, hooray, yes?😇
    Maxis please do not disappoint this very kind person man over here.

The pack itself should include gameplay for the entire lurv adventure , from start to finish, from love at “first” sight all the way to the wedding with the latter being the ehr..climax of this magical ride, but we should also get an option to form civil partnerships if weddings ain’t your thing. They ain’t mine. I’ve attended many many weddings, but I’m not a wedding kinda dude, although somehow I always end up partying the hardest .... anyway I rarely give my sims a proper wedding ceremony. But…however…and…

…I would potentially be interested in a system that allows us to fully customize the bonding ceremony depending on a sim’s cultural background / tradition:
    For example my spellcasters wouldn’t wed in white gowns and black tuxedos. They would not exchange rings, but use ribbons or…twigs or something. Aliens dito. They’d be wed by a Servo in their spaceship on Sixam and their honeymoon destination would be “earth”. Perhaps I’m asking for too much here.
    Also, a royal wedding would be different to the wedding of a bunch of mere peasants. An important question: can a puppy become a ring bearer? In that case I’d call him Frodo. Can my sim marry his harem? Many questions I have.
    Regardless, this is the kind of system that would be exclusive to this pack.

Other exclusive stuff:
    • Dating service (online or other)
    • Matchmaker / fortune teller career
    • Wedding planner career
    • Horoscopes
    • Different ways to propose
    • hen / stag nights (or bachelor-ette parties as you'd call them in US of A land?)
    • Ceremony master
    • bridesmaids,
    • page boys/ flower girls
    • usher/ best man
    • Wedding band / entertainment
    • Exciting or extremely boring Dinner speeches.
    • Wedding gifts including enough money to go on yer honeymoon.
    • A wedding limo or horse carriage.
    • Romance related gameplay / animations including slow dances and bed cuddles and such…although that in itself would be Basegame worthy.
    • The vibro bed or other vibrating woohoo locations.
    • Special romance lots (such as a boating lake or …bungee jumping bridge thing?)
    • A pretty world?
    • Ritual props...
    • Etcetera.

Really any of the above content could possibly be part of this sweet little gamepack. I 'm sure I guessed at least one thing right.

And yes folks, after that you may get your generations EP. Because what happens after folks marry?
    Thats right: Babes, family drama and funerals.

Sold. How can I preorder?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The brown thing in the top left looks rather like a sword…… above the E
    Or a dragon's claw. Which would fit with the wings, the tigers ("the tiger and the dragon" being a Chinese idiom), the rings (eyes) and the wedding cake (which is actually a a tower protected by the firmament, and the stand holding it up is actually a flat Earth.)

I thought it looked a lot like a giant fang trophy from some sort of immense serpentine creature so I think we're in agreement about the dragons.
    #Team Occult
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    So the real question of the pack is... Will there be juicy drama? Can you leave your partner sobbing at the arch while the guests look on in horror, except for the best man who you've been having an affair with? Can you bump into one of your current flings while out on a date, professing monogamy and they suddenly discover each other and declare you a rotten swine with a comical slap? Can you have angry woohoo with someone you can't stand and always fight with but just can't stop yourself from going back? Can you mismatch Sims and watch them struggle to work it out until one of them flings with the butler or roommate and now they have to live with each other in loathing until someone moves out?

Aww. Now I'm remembering Sims 2 and the romantic dumpster fires that could erupt if you weren't careful. I really miss that. ❤️

Oh, hey, if it's a wedding planner pack, surely you have to deal with bridezillas?
    #Team Occult
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.