Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you Tired of Kits?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    I think they're fine. They don't interfere with anything and they offer more options. I do love getting more interesting CAS designs, so that's a plus.
    #Team Occult
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Love the Kits
    I love the kits, but don't get me wrong...I just don't love ALL of them.

I like the idea that for $5 I can get additional objects that fit right into the other collections (Country Living) and (Bloomin Walls) both of which I love, oh and the Inchon set had some very nice clothes in it that I use all the time.

And then there are the kits that I truly hate that I will never buy, doesn't mean I hate all of them.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    I have 4 of them, the first 3 that came out + the plant one. I like the few I have (although I have the dust one heavily modded), and have no interest in the rest so far. I can’t say I love the idea of them, and would still prefer larger packs. I’m only going to grab the ones I really like a lot, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on the others at all (a first for me since TS2 days).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Everybody's been saying kits don't interfere with development, but there's been no EP this winter, yet somehow EA tricked their fanbase into shelling out $40 anyway.

You're looking at it backwards, if whatever EP they are working on had some development issues which needed to be worked out, that doesn't take the staff that make CAS and BB items, only the ones that work on code. i.e. those other people had time to work on stuff for kits.
    The development teams consist of a lot of different skill sets, and the ones who handle gameplay and code are not the same people as the ones that design clothes, furniture and wallpaper (etc.).

I also imagine the development of TS5 is likely to effect content for TS4 as well. Different stages of the new game development process require more or less of the varying skill sets as well, so at any given point I can see specific types of content for TS4 being impacted if they have to shuffle people around to meet project goal deadlines on TS5.

I think the reason why we have seen so many kits are probably because of limited resources and covid19, 4 kits in a a row and almost 10 in a year feels like too many though. It doesn't feel like so many kits could have been made unless they were prioritized over packs.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I wouldn't mind kits if I didn't feel like resources are being taking away from bigger packs.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I neither love nor hate them, I'm more just tired of them being the only thing they release often. I'm much more interested in actual gameplay, not fluff and stuff. I'm on PC so I can (and do, frequently) download CC when I need new "stuff".
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I just want more lots and character customization.
  • MintyeeveeMintyeevee Posts: 1 New Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I felt neutral towards them before but now its starting to get annoying every time I boot up the game just to see how many clothing kits there are.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Other (explain please)
    Like a fair bit but not love.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I am waiting on more gameplay kits. Since we have only gotten 1, I am wondering where the rest are. I personally need more significant gameplay features in my game. I have no need for any more CAS or Build kits.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    We were told they wouldn't detract from the development of other packs, yet the last Stuff Pack was a year ago and we only got one EP in 2021, with neither of the above mentioned in the new roadmap. I'm just tired at this point.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I'm sick and tired of them! I hope we never get another one. I just download CC (it's free and looks much better).
    He/Him
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Never bought one, but I'm already sick of them.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    I've enjoyed a handful of the ones they've released but wouldn't be upset if they discontinued them either. It's nice to have more options, but they're also not essential to my game.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I am mixed on this.
    I own the base game/holiday pack for my PC, and pretty much the whole thing on my PS4.
    In reference to the PC, I can just download CC of anything I want for my game, so kits are pretty much useless.
    However, for my PS4, I bought two fashion kits to get different clothes, because CC is blocked from being used on the system. So, I am not against kits for that, but like I said, I only bought two of the kits out of all of them so far.
    So, I am mixed on them, they are good if you don't have access to CC, but even then they are kind of underwhelming.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I have mixed feelings about kits too. I like the fact that they are a filler between packs but they are small and not what I want in lieu of packs.

I loved the Moroccan kit but I def wished there had been more items in it, that one really needs to be expanded upon.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I am not a fan of kits, simply because there is plenty of CC that fills the same niche, much of which is much nicer than what Maxis can do and is free. But I'm not sick and tired of the kits.

I am well aware that kits do not interfere with the development of what I am interested in, which is new gameplay and worlds. It's a different skill sets for those things, meaning the people doing them aren't the same people at Maxis. Ergo, Kits that I don't want to buy have no impact on me, personally.

I'm also aware that there are players who aren't willing to use CC, so for their sake, I say let the kits keep coming. Besides, I've very much liked a couple of the kits. It is just hit or miss, and that's fine. We don't all have the same tastes; the world would be boring if we did.

Interesting that you bring this up because I actually feel the opposite. We have need seen a stuff pack in a year and did not get a November expansion. It is hard to say the kits are not interfering with development. If it is not interfering, I have to ask what are they doing? LOL A whole lot of nothing from where I sit. There are still a ton of bugs, no November pack, no stuff pack.... Coquito and that other dish could not have taken that much resource to do.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I've only bought the kits which added gameplay albeit limited, so knitting and bust the dust. The clothes ones are terrible, frankly we have better free cc and are not worth it. Likewise the latest plant one.
    Correction, knitting was a stuff pack. So I bought one. lol
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Everybody's been saying kits don't interfere with development, but there's been no EP this winter, yet somehow EA tricked their fanbase into shelling out $40 anyway.

You're looking at it backwards, if whatever EP they are working on had some development issues which needed to be worked out, that doesn't take the staff that make CAS and BB items, only the ones that work on code. i.e. those other people had time to work on stuff for kits.
    The development teams consist of a lot of different skill sets, and the ones who handle gameplay and code are not the same people as the ones that design clothes, furniture and wallpaper (etc.).

I also imagine the development of TS5 is likely to effect content for TS4 as well. Different stages of the new game development process require more or less of the varying skill sets as well, so at any given point I can see specific types of content for TS4 being impacted if they have to shuffle people around to meet project goal deadlines on TS5.

one thing I know about EA....they will stick to their planned release schedule even if they put out garbage. It was easier for them to say we will release a bunch of kits and some free content to sate them instead of an expansion. The plan all along was not to have the expansion since the road map didn't include it.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Love the Kits
    I love them.
    I use them all the time.
    And I look forward to adding more of them to my game.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Other (explain please)
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Interesting that you bring this up because I actually feel the opposite. We have need seen a stuff pack in a year and did not get a November expansion. It is hard to say the kits are not interfering with development. If it is not interfering, I have to ask what are they doing? LOL A whole lot of nothing from where I sit. There are still a ton of bugs, no November pack, no stuff pack.... Coquito and that other dish could not have taken that much resource to do.

Well we know they're working on an EP.

During the recent Maxis Extra Life Livestream SimGuruJessica introduced herself as Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer on an upcoming The Sims 4 Expansion Pack.

I think they're working on additional content as well. Base game updates, more pack refreshes, neighborhood stories, scenarios, NPC updates, etc.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Love the Kits
    Optional content as apposed to getting nothing? Sure why not?🤷‍♀️
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Sick and Tired of Kits

Well we know they're working on an EP.

During the recent Maxis Extra Life Livestream SimGuruJessica introduced herself as Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer on an upcoming The Sims 4 Expansion Pack.

I think they're working on additional content as well. Base game updates, more pack refreshes, neighborhood stories, scenarios, NPC updates, etc.

The point I was making is that I feel development has slowed due to kits despite their claim to it not being the case. The Expansion they are working on is technically overdue based on the way they have been releasing content. We have not seen a stuff pack in a year.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Other (explain please)
    The point I was making is that I feel development has slowed due to kits despite their claim to it not being the case. The Expansion they are working on is technically overdue based on the way they have been releasing content. We have not seen a stuff pack in a year.

I guess we'll never know. Just speculation. :)
    Sick and Tired of Kits

I guess we'll never know. Just speculation. :)

considering we having had a stuff pack in a year and no November expansion...we might be a bit past speculation. The stuff pack situation speaks volume alone.