Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you Tired of Kits?

So EA posted information on upcoming releases. A game pack and 2 Kits are coming. I don't know about you guys but I am pretty sick of these kits.

Are you Tired of Kits? 310 votes

Sick and Tired of Kits
52%
ehaught58crocobauraauroraael14SimCrazyCK213Frn0731GRIMMYMstybl95IcewolfSamadamsPlayersunhair2008jeepjeepcatbandit5alexspoom13alan650111OolonglongOmri147MartinvAprilDawncandystorm 162 votes
Love the Kits
9%
bshag4lvGalacticGalshadyladynzmcruddfriendlysimmerscchant86g01denswanAncientMusegreydonnwecantpickanameTeeSeaelelunicyBabykittyjadeRedDestiny92kappowanSheriSim57Colton147147Pamtastic72FurAndYarnTTNsimmer 28 votes
Neutral about Kits
24%
Akl500PNh6650Kita5399gabbyjrudolphaSikoahGracelisamwittdanacnbrettTheSpotted_CAnmirlaalanmichael1barracuda1574DarkLady2788marcel21mjalletLustianiciaashcrash19Sati101skybird14RamblineRose 75 votes
Other (explain please)
14%
BluegayleSara1010PStormkeepIsb917elanorbretonsimgirl1010goodcakebaker62MindofybevilleGlimmer50deedles64PlumbobCrossingkeene61ClassicalSimLadyKynannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7cyncieLatinaBunnyAngelEb95 45 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I like the kits. Neither love nor neutral.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I am not a fan of kits, simply because there is plenty of CC that fills the same niche, much of which is much nicer than what Maxis can do and is free. But I'm not sick and tired of the kits.

I am well aware that kits do not interfere with the development of what I am interested in, which is new gameplay and worlds. It's a different skill sets for those things, meaning the people doing them aren't the same people at Maxis. Ergo, Kits that I don't want to buy have no impact on me, personally.

I'm also aware that there are players who aren't willing to use CC, so for their sake, I say let the kits keep coming. Besides, I've very much liked a couple of the kits. It is just hit or miss, and that's fine. We don't all have the same tastes; the world would be boring if we did.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I wouldn't be sick of them if they'd release some kits that I actually wanted. Like something with...oh I don't know, A POOL TABLE.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Love the Kits
    I like them cause it's a faster way to get more new items which was a common complaint no matter what the size pack is so yeah.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I wasn't a fan of them before, but I'd at least have been able to tolerate them if they didn't spam them like crazy, and the vast majority of them weren't CAS and BB.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I don’t have any problems with the concept, they just haven’t released any that I wanted. If they did, I’d buy them.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    They're a terrible value for the money and they're getting in the way of higher-quality content releases.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I was actually someone who loved the TS3 store. I originally loved the idea of the kits, and I bought a couple of the early ones that I have really enjoyed and used a lot (Courtyard and Country kitchen). However, it's a little annoying that the sole gameplay kit is yay, more cleaning, and also apparently broken/buggy, from what people have said.

It's all gone downhill from there. Way too many clothing kits, and concepts that either don't interest me at all, or that sound good but I don't love the specific objects actually created (looking at you, plant kit).

Which would all be well and good, if they were just one small part of the spectrum of "something for everyone," but in the absence of literally anything else, for several months, it's become much more glaring that there's absolutely nothing for me. (Unless you count challenges or story progression, which are also 100% not for me.)

I genuinely hate to be so negative, but this is where I am with TS4 these days. It doesn't help that it looks like they straight up lied to us about kits not replacing other content.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2022
    Neutral about Kits
    I'm far from being an EA apologist, but I honestly don't mind kits at all... I mean, yes, they're very much like cash grabs, but most of them (at least in my opinion) have been a nice addition to my game, personally. At least they actually come with a decent amount of content for $5. The Sims 3 store would often sell things for like $20 with the same or less amount of content. Just saying!

However, I will say the lack of gameplay kits has been disappointing... I hope they decide to make more soon.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Yes, they are too many, several of them are too niche and it feels like they are made to make more items for the sims4 without putting a lot of resources into it.

I don't want that, I want more resources put into developing the game, packs have more people assigned to them and therefore are better made. Yes, they take longer to make but EA/Maxis needs to invest more so that they can have a good release schedule and offer better support.

Kits are the opposite of that.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other (explain please)
    Kits are fillers and yes they’ve been filling long gaps of nothing lately, but I have no problem with the concept of these packs.
    I don’t buy anything that doesn’t suit my play style anyway, kits or other.
    I’m always looking forward to something bigger and more “meaningful” since I doubt occults will be coming in a Kit.
    But sure look…I have barely time to tie my shoelaces, let alone play the sims…😆
    It’s unfair. 🥺
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2022
    Neutral about Kits
    It's kinda complicated
    on one hand i don't think we needed them and many themes be better as stuff pack at least

on other hand since they made em they could make some more nichey small stuff if they wanted

not too impressed with the themes up to now tho so my expectations remain low

also tbh i dont mind if they spam kits in the spring cause its usually quiet as grave i just wish it does not mess with pack releases and updates too much
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    Neutral because I like them but don't love them. Really want more gameplay items and we haven't had anything since bust the dust. Doesn't have to be a whole system like that was, give us like a canning station, arcade, gameplay objects with a theme.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other (explain please)
    I like some and I don’t like some. It’s pretty much the Sims 3 store, but maybe a little bit cheaper, because I remembered paying 10+ dollars for a store set. I wished they had more in the sets, of course, but eh.

I would still prefer Stuff packs that has a tiny bit of gameplay.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    Initially thought I was neutral leaning meh but as I think back I can't help disliking kits more. We were told kits wouldn't interfere with new SP/GP/EP but the large number of new kits and the real lack of new SP/GP/EP suggests otherwise.
    The cake is a lie
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    I like them if they don't replace other packs.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I'm tired of those build mode and CAS Kits, but I really want another gameplay kit pack.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    The initial 3 kits looked promising to me... but I was really looking forward to gameplay kits and so far we've had 1 out of 9... and it sounds like the next 2 are probably going to be CAS/BB too... so, yes I have already grown tired of kits.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I like the kits. I like being able to choose a la carte what I do and don't want to spend money on. I don't love all the kits. I own four of them, am happy not to own the others, but am extra happy to have the choice.
    gen3-banner.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other (explain please)
    Everybody's been saying kits don't interfere with development, but there's been no EP this winter, yet somehow EA tricked their fanbase into shelling out $40 anyway.

You're looking at it backwards, if whatever EP they are working on had some development issues which needed to be worked out, that doesn't take the staff that make CAS and BB items, only the ones that work on code. i.e. those other people had time to work on stuff for kits.
    The development teams consist of a lot of different skill sets, and the ones who handle gameplay and code are not the same people as the ones that design clothes, furniture and wallpaper (etc.).

I also imagine the development of TS5 is likely to effect content for TS4 as well. Different stages of the new game development process require more or less of the varying skill sets as well, so at any given point I can see specific types of content for TS4 being impacted if they have to shuffle people around to meet project goal deadlines on TS5.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    I don't mind the touch of something sometimes a little different (some are so easy to skip and save some dough), but I take issue with it seeming like they are now a substitute for packs that have gameplay and more impact on the game.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif