Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else not like the way food in TS4 looks like?

2...Next

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I find the bugs I force my sims to eat rather delicious looking. 😈
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2022
    logion wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    They use very low textures for most of the food in the sims4. I think it looks okay for some food but sometimes it doesn't look great. I remember when looked at the Cottage Living trailer and I could not tell what was in this bowl.

MinCzi5.png

I'm trying not to be too harsh towards Maxis but I have always felt that the food in the sims4 was never designed to look good up close. If it was supposed to then the food should have higher resolution textures.

franks and beans

That's supposed to be pumpkin.

nope its from odr and if it is named pumpkin they just called it that and did nothing else to it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Yes I disappointed but don't care much but if it update I still very happy
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I think the food is fine. Some dishes are a bit low texture, but it doesn't bother me much, and some dishes look great. The Animal Crossing food looks quite nice, but I actually find it too detailed.
    ... and instead of better graphics I'd want the steam from hot dishes like we had in TS2 (not sure about TS3). It felt so real when the serving was steaming hot for a short while.
    I really miss the steam! My sim just baked an apple pie and I think the pie looks fine, but if it was steaming it would be so much better :cry:
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Lol I have to agree with this one. I use retexture mods for all food. Nothing worse then food that looks unappealing to eat 😆 food is a big part of my sims life. Love to watch them eat for a few hours 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Nah, there are so many more issues I'd like to see improved in Sims 4 that the way the food looks is the least of my concerns.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The food is fine.