Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oooh! A game pack for: “A party of love”? Maybe romantic pack? 🙂 Or a wedding pack?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ChariceZyrus89ChariceZyrus89 Posts: 35 Member
    Was a specific timeline given?
    Party of love? We already have wedding party right?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

If you look closely you’ll see a wedding cake, wedding rings, the year of the tiger, a (Venetian?) mask and angel / swan wings.

B50-BAF1-A-0-E8-F-4111-9605-32-B464-F5-A27-D.jpg

And a lot of party confetti.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Finally another pack. A romance themed game pack could be good. I wonder if the pack have much to do with parties or they just wanted the text to fit the celebration theme with the season. They don't mention any base game updates but I hope they will update how romance works.

Free food items and community collaborations sounds good too. Maybe we will see those during the anniversary in February.

I can live without more niche kits.
    Hope they also fix the male walk before the release of that GP
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I still don't see anything regarding occults. :( But sure "they hear us"...
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'd buy that game pack immediately, and normally I wait for a sale. You'd think they'd announce a release date with February being so close...that pack just makes sense to be a Valentine's day release.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Since I think an occult pack only will come in a GP, I wonder if or ver there will be any new occults in the game. I'm happy for those who wanted a romantic pack
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

That sounds ok I guess, though I don't think a lovers garden and moonlit cafe sound very exciting locations for dates.

Matchmaking skills... maybe. Bachelor/ette parties? They were ok in TS3 I guess, but a little boring after having done a couple.

Where's the EP? A love game pack and a couple of kits does not enthrall me too much at the moment but I guess they might be exciting once more details come. But... TWO vibrant kits with fierce design... does that mean we are getting two kits on the same theme? Meh. Maybe an African safari style build buy set (fierce lions etc) with a CAS kit to go with it.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    If its a romance pack, I hope it has stuff for ongoing relationships rather than just first blush/get wed stuff.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    Also hope there's a new world in that GP
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy I'm so excited hahaha can't wait for the ruveal <3
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for posting, @simgirl1010.

Well I'm hoping we will get a romance pack. But since this is a game pack and considering the survey posted above, we may not get a proper attraction system.
    The mask could be a hint for Venetian Carnival or Mardi Gras. Maybe we will get a kit with "vibrant and fierce" costumes. But then I want proper costume parties in the game, please!
    @PlayerSinger2010

Cupid angels could be an occult state 🤣
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Thank god we're getting another type of pack! And a romance-themed pack is soooo needed. Hope we'll get more info soon.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited January 2022
    The items in the survey sound more like a Stuff Pack than a Game Pack.

Some cool items, a couple new types of events, new "locations" (Maxis lots that show up in the library?) an extra "matchmaking" spin on the Neighborhood Stories update?
    This is more at the same level as Laundry Day, Knitting or Vintage Glamour where you have maybe one new gameplay mechanic (Plopsy, butler) and the rest is items and events.

Game packs are things like Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires. More thorough gameplay changes and some have new worlds.

If there is a chemistry/attraction system that comes along with this pack, or if it comes with a new world for those new "locations", then I'll pay Game Pack price for it. Otherwise I'll wait for it to go on sale to Stuff Pack price.
    gen3-banner.png
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2022
    I’m excited for a new game pack. Romance could be good. If the in game community collaborations are more content from CC creators, I’ll be excited for that, too. I might even buy my first kit if it’s truly as fierce as they say, lol.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'm going to be very curious to see what else is in that game pack. Romance itself is not a big thing in my play, but that doesn't mean I can't use the pack. Maybe the masks are a hint to it coming with a Venice type world? With all swimmable Rivers/canals? (I can dream)

But I'm very happy for those who wanted a romance pack, and I hope it has everything you want in it. (Despite there doubtless being a few different definitions of that throughout the forums.)
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think the game pack is something to do with weddings also, I hope more wedding clothing but I'm hoping for slow dancing, attraction for turn on and off.. more things for romance.. oh and what about the bachelorette or bachelor parties?Because we have wedding parties.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    edited January 2022
    The items in the survey sound more like a Stuff Pack than a Game Pack.

Some cool items, a couple new types of events, new "locations" (Maxis lots that show up in the library?) an extra "matchmaking" spin on the Neighborhood Stories update?
    This is more at the same level as Laundry Day, Knitting or Vintage Glamour where you have maybe one new gameplay mechanic (Plopsy, butler) and the rest is items and events.

Game packs are things like Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires. More thorough gameplay changes and some have new worlds.

If there is a chemistry/attraction system that comes along with this pack, or if it comes with a new world for those new "locations", then I'll pay Game Pack price for it. Otherwise I'll wait for it to go on sale to Stuff Pack price.

I'm sure the survey was just a jumping off point. If it has as much content as previous game packs I'll be happy. :)