Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Your Real Pets Ever Trip Your Power Strip??

VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
edited December 2021 in Off Topic Chat
I am just wondering if this happens to others as well.
There are times I will be playing for quite some time and everything is going great and you have progressed a lot and then all of the sudden, you computer shuts off!! UUGGHH!!
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    That's never happened to me. When I played on my desktop I'd keep it out of the way. Usually behind the desk which was always against the wall.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I've actually had my cat turn off the power button, but only once
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I had a pet rat chew through an Ethernet cable, knocking the Internet out until I could get out to Best Buy and buy another one. Fortunately the rat was OK...well, except for the part where he wasn't allowed out of his cage until I could better rat-proof my electronics. He'd go up to the cage door and give me the same look a dog gives when it wants you to get the leash and take it for a walk...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yep. Or she'll knock the power strip plug out of the wall trying to get at the toy mouse she dropped behind the couch. My husband's computer is worse. The power button is on the top ... right where the other cat likes to sit.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My cat used to ALL the time. I have a few power strips in the house and she would somehow manage to turn off all of them. I now use velcro-tape and have them mounted to the backs of furniture (Computer desk, TV stand and dresser for the 3 strips I have).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes, my cat Maia is very curious and explores everywhere. My power strip is under the desk next to the wall but she managed to shut it off anyway. My computer tower is in a cabinet of the desk that can close, but I leave it open so it doesn't get too warm in there when on. She loves to lay down on top of the tower and will occasionally shut it off while I am in the middle of a game. When I left the door closed, she still went behind the desk and crawled in through the hole in back for the wires. She always finds a way to get into trouble! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,497 Member
    I'm sorry, I can't commiserate with you on this one. All I can say is make sure you save periodically, so you won't lose all of that progress! I did use parts of a baby gate to block the wires from my desktop, so my Beagle puppies couldn't 'play' with the wires, but that was far more about their safety. Me? Sometimes Windows 10 likes to randomly crash on me. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    That's never happened to me. When I played on my desktop I'd keep it out of the way. Usually behind the desk which was always against the wall.

Mine is against the wall. She gets back there anyway. 😅
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I am just wondering if this happens to others as well.
    There are times I will be playing for quite some time and everything is going great and you have progressed a lot and then all of the sudden, you computer shuts off!! UUGGHH!!

Sadie used to when she was small. Unfortunately she passed away a little while ago. We had her put to sleep because she had cancer and there was nothing we could do for her. :'(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I'm sorry. I lost a cat a few years ago. He was almost 16. I held him in my arms when he passed. 😭 A year later we go Princess and she gets behind the desk and the wall and sometimes steps on power strike. 😩 lol.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    No, but my cat tries to trip me all the time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @GalacticGal No commiseration needed. Maia is always getting into places she doesn't belong in. One day she actually went to a Big Y store with my mom. She likes to crawl through open windows in cars and my mom left her window open enough for her to crawl in. Came home safe and sound, luckily, though scared my mom a bit when she felt something furry at her feet! LOL I reread what I wrote and saw why you thought she was after the wires. Wires have never interested any of my animals so safe there. I meant she just crawls through the hole in the back where the wires go through to get into the cubbyhole where the tower is if the door is closed. Think she likes the warmth from the tower, but sometimes does shut the computer off. Fortunately I have been playing Sims for many years and realized early on the importance of saving as you never know when something will go wrong.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    no because my cables are not easily reachable by my cat

(+my cat is old and usually gets to use his spare energy outdoors so thats probably another reason my items are generally protected from cat mischief)

but he does throw big tantrum whenever i use computer for too long and don't pet and snuggle him enough while at it :sweat_smile: so i usually pull him his own chair but he still demands to obviously lay in front of my face in any way possible p_p even when he knows it just gonna be uncomfortable for both of us
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free