Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Double hidden electronics arts folder somehow? Cc and mods in correct folder not showing in game.

Posted in help but figured I'd post here too.

I noticed my mods and cc were not showing in game at all, despite being in the mods packages, even with the resource file. So I uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled. Much to my dismay when redownloaded, it DID NOT regenerate a new folder at all. The electronic arts folder (there is only one) still shows all my cc and mods, yet nothing works in game. My expansions don't show either. It's like there is a double folder (that I cannot find) or a double launcher situation?

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Reinstalling did absolutely nothing.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    OK. Sorry you're having problems.

There should be two 'The Sims 3' folders on your computer.

You usually will only work with one of them and this is the one we usually refer to when we say to do something in the Sims 3 folder. That one, by default, goes into you Documents folder. The other one is in Program Files (x86) folder and you will probably never need to touch it.

You will need to launch a new game to get a new The Sims 3 folder in Documents.

If you want to add mods you'll need to shut down that new game once the new Sims 3 folder has been generated.

The mods folder goes into the Sims 3 folder in Documents. You have to put it there. The game won't make it for you.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    In my experience, your user files don't get deleted when you reinstall the game. This is why your old "The Sims 3" folder in your Documents still exists. Rename that folder something like "The Sims 3_Old" and start your game up, as Karritz said, and the game will create a new, fresh "The Sims 3" folder.

As for your CC and Mods not showing up: did they work before? Or are you just now trying mods for the first time? Either, I can make a quick tutorial to help you set that up properly.

As for expansions not showing up: I'm not sure, but my first thought if this was me was to verify that they're installed. :lol: In your launcher under "Expansions & Stuff" at the bottom of the page it should say Don't see your packs? click the "Install Packs" button next to it.