Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    what happen to sims 3 after 2022?

• Options
    i don't know about sims 3 future update only ea and watcher
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2021
    Our expectations, once again, are that nothing will happen for a very long time. The player doesn't need to engage IE as a browser in order to run TS3, it just need the code base to be there and be usable. Some day, like beyond 2029 as the article mentions, there may be operating systems released that totally disable or remove the code base even from MS Edge. What will happen then, on what will then be new operating systems, is probably anyone's guess.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    is internet explorer dead in 2022
  • Options
    i hope sims 3 can have default web browser like window 10
  • Options
    StarlyshStarlysh Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you for posting about this. My launcher is now stuck on blank blue and usually clearing the cache on IE would fix it, but now it automatically launches Edge and clearing that one doesn't help. I can hope EA will revisit TS3 just enough to fix this, but I'm doubtful.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Starlysh wrote: »
    Thank you for posting about this. My launcher is now stuck on blank blue and usually clearing the cache on IE would fix it, but now it automatically launches Edge and clearing that one doesn't help. I can hope EA will revisit TS3 just enough to fix this, but I'm doubtful.

@Starlysh,
    For anyone who doesn't have Internet Explorer on their computer due the fact that you removed it or never had it before, you can still clear out IE through Microsoft Edge. You first need to go to your Settings on Edge and then Default Browser and click on the Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode button and then hit Restart so that Edge recognizes IE in the Privacy, Search and Services tab. Once that is done, then you can go to Privacy, Search and Services to see the Clear browsing data for Internet Explorer.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993520/8-31-21-launcher-sims-site-issues-resolved/p1
  • Options
    StarlyshStarlysh Posts: 37 Member
    @lisasc360 Thanks for the helpful reply! I just had to go to Settings and Default Browser and click "Never" after Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge. And then X out and IE let me stay there. So almost pretty much the same. :D
    Before that, I was able to launch IE in Private mode and clear the cache. So now I've got two methods for next time! Thought I was doomed to the blank blue launcher forever, so I'm glad I can still get around it.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Starlysh wrote: »
    @lisasc360 Thanks for the helpful reply! I just had to go to Settings and Default Browser and click "Never" after Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge. And then X out and IE let me stay there. So almost pretty much the same. :D
    Before that, I was able to launch IE in Private mode and clear the cache. So now I've got two methods for next time! Thought I was doomed to the blank blue launcher forever, so I'm glad I can still get around it.

You're welcome @Starlysh...😀
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Our expectations, once again, are that nothing will happen for a very long time. The player doesn't need to engage IE as a browser in order to run TS3, it just need the code base to be there and be usable. Some day, like beyond 2029 as the article mentions, there may be operating systems released that totally disable or remove the code base even from MS Edge. What will happen then, on what will then be new operating systems, is probably anyone's guess.

Oh God, I feel sick to my stomach. I am planning to play the sims 2 and sims 3, for the rest of my life, and since I am only 27, that is many years until the grim reaper takes me. I want to be able to play the sims 2 and sims 3 in 2070.