Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrysanthemum turned into a Cowplant

I wanted to plant a Chrysanthemum (yellow flower), but when I dragged it over to the ground beside the house the flower disappeared. I couldn't interact at all with it. It was as if nothing was there. Thinking that I lost that flower I had my Sim plant the other two (different flowers). She planted 1 and watered it. I directed her to plant the other, which she then did, but she started walking to where I had placed the Chrysanthemum with "plant" in her action cue. There still was nothing on the ground, so I assumed the flower vanishing was just some glitch that would come right and she would have a Chrysanthemum plant growing, but instead the plant had horns and when I hovered the mouse over it, it said it was a Cowplant. Now I'm not sure if this Cowplant is actually linked to the Chrysanthemum at all or if there was an invisible cow berry had spawned in the same spot. The Sim did not have a cow berry in her inventory. Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen or had their Sims just go and plant Cowplants without a cow berry anywhere on the lot or in their inventory?
Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    I had a cowberry disappear once when I wanted to plant it. It simply vanished when I put it down in the pot.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    There's a "debug" yellow flower that's actually a cowplant flower. Works just like a cowplant berry, for the most part. You get it sometimes as gifts from rabbits and birds. Is it possible you grabbed that instead of the chrysanthemum?
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    There's a "debug" yellow flower that's actually a cowplant flower. Works just like a cowplant berry, for the most part. You get it sometimes as gifts from rabbits and birds. Is it possible you grabbed that instead of the chrysanthemum?

@DaWaterRat I do get a lot of "debug" items from those rabbits and birds. My Sim currently has one that looks like an apple, but it says "debug". Do all those "debug" items work like a Cowplant or is it just the yellow flower "debug" item that does? I did have a yellow flower "debug" in inventory so it could have been that. Although I'm sure it said Chrysanthemum when I hovered over it. I'll just have to make sure I sell any "debug" yellow flowers before planting a Chrysanthemum.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Now that's interesting stuff. Flowers that are actually cowplants...
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I had this happen in my game too a few days ago, except I knew it was the debug cow flower because I put it down to see if I could plant it. I had no idea what would grow though. It didn't let me plant it and it just vanished, but next thing I know there was a cow plant where I had put it down.

That cow plant is already dead, I suck so bad at remembering to feed them. :cry:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Thank you all for your answers. I went back and planted a Chrysanthemum in that same spot and it has remained a Chrysanthemum. I must have grabbed that "debug" yellow flower previously. It's good to know it was that and not some strange bug turning flowers into Cowplants or spawning Cowplants randomly.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    thats a big mood XD
  • ChariceZyrus89ChariceZyrus89 Posts: 35 Member
    Cowplants are exciting at first but gets boring later on