March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy a landlord stuff pack?

Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I know this is probably one of the most random and unnecessary ideas out there, but we've gotten worse right? I've seen people wanting the ability to run hotels for years and I thought about that but in a smaller scale. Imagine building a nice home and being able to lease it out to other sims in the neighborhood.

The job could work similar to interior decorator where you'd show people homes and try to get them to buy it. Once they do you'd collect a certain amount of money each week. You wouldn't just sell homes and collect rent though, you'd be called randomly having to deal with issues that a tenant might have. If there are issues with the home, it's your job to either visit and fix it or call the proper professionals. Maybe getting calls late at night due to some problem the tenants might have. This could also extend to businesses as well if they were to integrate it with Dine Out, Get To Work, and etc. What do you guys think?

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sounds fun. You could collect rent, evict tenants, take noise complaints, get rid of pests, repair damage, remodel units ...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would like it more if the landlord career was more about buying and renting out apartments or houses rather than dealing with building maintenance. Maybe they could rent out both residential and commercial places. I have a sim living in an apartment in San Myshuno and there is always something broken or pests and it's annoying to constantly fix something and the landlord always loves to sit on the bed when he comes round. I think he's creepy.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    House Flipper would be an awesome career to include in the same pack, where you have to fix up a house first before you can sell it and let you rent it out...once it is fixed up to be liveable (and thus be a landlord) until it gets a buyer.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nah, this wouldn't interest me. Some kind of independent real estate career might, though, if it involves building (or buying and renovating) places and then selling them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It could be interesting, and I appreciate the creativity of the idea, but I would be mightily 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at this point to get something like this when it's been such a long drought and there are so many other fundamental things that people have been begging for years to have added.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope. I have no interest in this.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Yes! I'm mainly a builder and I've been having a blast since dream house decorator came out. I'd love either an Architect-realtor or Contractor-landlord pack.
    Happy simming!
  • This Sounds fun!! I'd also like a career which Involves with Dealing Tenants, Evicting Them & Repairing Stuff
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The game already picks my playable sims to be landlords for San Myshuno apartments. I wouldn't want a buyable pack but they can update the game with a new Housing landlord / Realtor branch career.

There's jobs in the game that I wish our playable sims could do like being mail men, nannies, landlords and maids.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I wouldn't center the expansion around the Landlord career, but more around Apartment Living. Almost the same thing.
    We'd get to chose roommates, new lot traits and challenges, the landlord or real estate agent career. We'd get buildable apartments. Imagine turning an entire neighborhood into multiple apartment complexes like we see in some places around the world, and now Imagine owning and managing these cities. We'd be rulers, But we'd still need to deal with the mayor from time to time. I would play this.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    I like the idea as well as ideas others added. If you don't like the hassle of fixing things (I'd like it as long as it didn't become too time consuming), maybe have the option of hiring a handyman and pest control sim.

As far as 4 goes though, I wouldn't buy any pack they put out. I haven't bought a pack since pets. I found most of 4's packs to be severely lacking in quality and content. By far not even close to enough bang for my buck. Vampires was a good pack, but on the other side of the coin, what about all the other races like werewolves, fairies, witches, etc?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    "Landlords" are far less hands on here in Australia.
    Most will hire a realestate company to take care of the property for them. It's very rare for a landlord to do any maintenance themselves, and rent is collected electronically, so there's a clear record of it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not something I'd care to see
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

That highly requested Hotel EP should be able to offer us a system to do all those things : rent out holiday homes / residential lots / apartments, camping / glamping sites and own hotels and other community lots.

It’s definitely not on my priority list, but I wouldn’t mind playing an evil landlord who rents out a creepy house and spies on the tenants…
    Or build a haunted hotel…
    Ok. It is now on my priority list. 😈