Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whoa, What I Just Discovered!

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, since I have playing Sims4 from the time of its release, but today I was attempting to grab the vacuum cleaner from behind my Sim, but the mouse in my hand more or less slid it right into my sim. (Notice how I managed to blame the 'mouse'?) I did a quick check, because I could no longer see the object and Lo, and behold, it's in his personal inventory. Now, that saves a great deal of time and eliminates the threat of accidentally shoving it into the sell window! Has this always been a possibility or is this something newly added?

OR, as usual, am I just that late to the party? LOL

Please add what's new to you, so we can know we're not alone!
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Yes, you can slide items like bikes, collectibles, laptops etc into your inventory, can drag books into bookshelves, dirty plates into sinks, rubbish into bins and meals into fridges. It saves a lot of time.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    That's called the "live drag" feature and it has indeed been there since the beginning. In addition to being able to drag on drop onto sims (and other things like @Benjamilian mentioned, you can drag and drop them on the sim portraits for your active household, on the bottom left of the screen. This makes it super simple to move things between the personal inventories of different sims.
    Please add what's new to you, so we can know we're not alone!

New to me is the fact that the Great Soil lot trait is broken and is the reason I've had issues on some lots for quite a while, with harvestable plants resetting into their nothing-but-a-dirt-pile stage.
    Despite having googled the problem and finding many reddit threads and even EA Help topics on the issue...not one place I had read mentioned the lot trait until yesterday when I posted here asking for assistance. And it seems like EVERYONE here knew....I guess that's what I get for not visiting these forums for 3 years of play. :blush:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I recently discovered that you can't sell university diplomas neither from your sim's inventory nor from BB mode but you can recycle them from inventory.
    Happy simming!
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    Not something I discovered, but I'm often surprised to see that people don't know that they can modify their sims without using a cheat.
    Just click on a mirror and select "Change Sim" to go into CAS. You'll have access to all the sliders like this. And you can also drag objects off the grid by pushing on Ctrl and dragging your mouse.This is a little like bb.moveobjects, but simpler and a little less efficient.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I've been dragging things to just about everything, like plates to the sink, and after the zillionth time of a sim trapping themselves in a corner with a violin I discovered I could drag instruments in live mode, but it had never occurred to me to drag things to the sim.

Need a face-palm emoji.
    The cake is a lie
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager

As @simgirl1010 pointed out, we have a pretty large thread on these types of revelations so I'll be closing this thread before we have 2 300 page threads on the same topic. :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top