Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you competed your Sims 4 collection?

Some like to buy all the packs and some buy only what appeals to them. I know they're still making packs for the Sims 4, but from what is currently available, have you completed your collection? By your collection I mean do you have all the packs you want? Whether that's all the packs available or only the packs you want to have. If there were no more packs released from today, are there any older packs you're still after?

For the purpose of this poll it is at your discretion whether you include Kits as packs or not.
Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos

Have you competed your Sims 4 collection? 158 votes

Yes I have all the packs released so far
18%
rudolphamcruddcornflake88elanorbretonsimgirl1010friendlysimmerscchant86alanmichael1DarkLady2788emluckysunshineashcrash19bevilleSim2SporelanlynEmmaVaneLeccafiercephoenix91AlphaFFrogEvaliynSnaveXs 30 votes
Yes I have all the packs I want, but not every pack released
43%
auroraael14bshag4lvBreeSashaKita5399GalacticGallove7680VenusABatsonStormkeepTheSpotted_ChaneulSimCarlexinvisiblgirlPaigeisin5freindlylolSchantalDevSims91JeansooloubyloulouDaravibenson2006 68 votes
No I do not have every pack released although I want them all
5%
taydevHarukotyanFlapPamtastic72ElliandreSimDork23Heathertibbbefchi 8 votes
No, I do not have all the packs I want, but I do not want every pack released
32%
alexspoom13WrenryEvilWitch83Isb917ncisGibbs02mildredalienSavorySageg01denswanCinebarLustianiciaMirichaCary1213iliekponiezbixtersMoonfoxNightcryLoriTSpAngelEb95sof2106sillyangel0906Toadette12 52 votes

Comments

• CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I have every single pack so far.

May or may not have been a good use of my money.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I have all the packs, but only about half the kits... Quite a few of the packs are new additions for me though, as I got several for Christmas and then spent some of my own money yesterday for a few more. So much simming happening right now over the holiday break for me!

For the kits I don't have, I have no intention of ever getting them. They don't appeal to me.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    I have all EPs and all GPs except for Star Wars. Only like half stuff packs (still need to buy Paranormal and Nifty Knitting) and no Kits. I'll buy some stuff packs eventually but took a year break from the Sims so maybe when the next EP comes out I'll catch up. I haven't even played with Cottage Living or Snowy Escape and I paid full price rip.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes, I have them all, including kits. I don’t really regret buying any, however I don’t like the way that bust the dust works, so I have the dust turned off currently. I wish we could turn it on per household. I don’t want all my households vacuuming. It should have been like laundry day. Also, have they fixed it where rental homes and commercial lots don’t get dusty?

Since I play a vanilla game I really like the furniture and clothing kits.

I really miss stuff packs, they always invigorated play between game packs and expansions for me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have all the packs I wanted plus Seasons ;) It was such an impulse purchase, with the holiday season approaching, a sale being active and me thinking "What if I could have snow EVERYWHERE?" It's still a love/hate relationship, no lying.

(All EPs, all GPS, all SPs except for the Murphy Bed one and of the kits only Bust the dust).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    um lets just say i don't have what i truly want ts4 to be yet so regardless of how many packs i have it will not be complete

i have all eps and gps minus batuu tho so i am quite catched up and only wait for mega sale on stuff packs to grab couple fun ones or perhaps new packs to give me something lovely

unsure if i will end up getting every pack that exists probably not but possibly yes with right sales and lot of bored time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    My sister uses my computer to play, so usually if I don’t want a pack she’ll buy it for herself, and when we both want something we split the price.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited January 2022
    “Competed”?

“That’s right Modern Menswear Kit! I win! You shall never be as sexy as me!” 😜

No, I haven’t completed my Sims 4 collection because there’s still many years to come and I’m sure something will be released that I’ve always wanted. I’m super positive that way.
    So far I own all content except for one very sweet kit (see above).

I would also like to apologize. When it’s late I tend to get into smart 🍑 mode. I will switch myself off now.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'm up to date with the pack releases.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No I do not have every pack released although I want them all
    I don't have all the kits but I do want them, a little bit, and will get them eventually, they each have some clothes or items that are nice
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I even have most of the Kits, except for that yucky Bust the Dust. :s
    I just need the following packs that aren't made in Sims 4 yet:
    Fairies
    Werewolves
    Egypt
    Hidden Springs
    Monte Carlo
    Lunar Lakes
    Dragon Valley
    Master Suite
    France
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I have all of the major packs, but only a couple of kits. I am waiting for fairies and werewolves, (and maybe updated babies/updated life stages, if they ever do it), but I have lots of stuff I wanted so far, especially toddlers and mermaids.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My actual choice isn't actually on the poll. It's something like both "Yes I have all the packs I want, but not every pack released" and "No, I do not have all the packs I want, but I do not want every pack released" but neither are quite accurate for me. I do have all the packs I want most, but there are others still on my Probably and Maybe lists (I'm in no rush), and the rest are on my Will Never Buy and Wouldn't Accept Even Gifted lists. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I own all packs except for Batu, Paranormal, and none of the kits. I like paranormal and some of the kits, but I genuinely do not need more content in my game. When it comes to CAS and Build/Buy, I pretty much have everything I need to suit my tastes. Gameplay is almost complete for me, I still want generations, cars, and an overhaul of many core mechanics, but even without those additions (and with the help of mods) I find the game to be a fairly robust and complete experience. My complete collection would consist of all expansion packs, Dine Out, Parenthood and Dream Home Decorator. The rest of the packs are simply bonuses for me, but for the most part these packs contribute greatly to my enjoyment of the game.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don’t have many packs. Not many appeal.
    Kits aren’t packs to me with only about 22 items included.

I’ll start with the ones I bought and then ones I haven’t purchased.

Expansion reviews:
    Get Together and Cats & Dogs are the best not only with what they include but the build mode items are used frequently.

Eco Lifestyle was frustrating, it’s not about saving the world of Evergreen Harbour but what you buy. The world could an extension of Willow Creek. The NAPs need a lot of work and the base game garden plants shouldn’t be included in the Eco score. I really liked the crane lot though and many build items but removing it was the best thing I ever did 😊.

Snowy Escape is very bland. I bought this last year and I still haven’t been on the slopes and I forget with other things going on.
    I’ve only recently got Cottage Living and Island Living on sale, so I need to play them more.

I’m not buying Seasons and University due to having them in Sims 2 and 3.

I’m not happy Get to Work has the only police career and aliens. Nothing else appeals about the pack. In previous Sims, the main police were a base game career.

Get Famous is too similar to Sims 1 Superstar and the world is very lacking. There’s houses with no toilets! No beach lots or open gym.

Game Pack reviews:
    Vampires and StrangerVille are the best, build mode items used in nearly every build. The gameplay can get monotonous though.

Outdoor Retreat had too many bugs so I don’t have good memories of that pack. Haven’t put it back in. My Sims had to stay in the log cabin in Granite Falls unable to go anywhere else or they got stuck in the travelling screen unable to return to their own cabin or even go home. I had to come out and start again, after the second time no one travelled. So taking it out was logical.

Dine Out is good but I’m not playing that until the bugs are fixed. Waiting hours to be served and eat is too much.

Spa Day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic and Dream Home Decorator have never appealed.

Batuu is in its own universe and that’s all I’ll say on that pack! 😫

Stuff Pack reviews:
    Paranormal, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling and Romantic Garden are some of my favourite things.
    Really love the stuff and additions. Just superb 👌 🎉🎉🎉.

Movie Hangout and Kids Stuff are ok but not massively fun.

I regret buying Cool Kitchen, Moschino & Luxury Party Stuff. I ended up only using a couple of chairs or a wallpaper after a few months. I don’t miss any additions they added.
    Cool Kitchen should’ve had at least three new kitchen sets. I was really surprised there was only one.

Backyard Stuff I never bought. It needs to be merged with Outdoor Patio. Both are for the backyard. I don’t know anyone with a patio in their front garden!
    Now there’s a free hot tub, the patio pack needs other stuff to keep its value.

I haven’t bought Vintage Glamour, Toddler Stuff and Nifty Knitting as they seem too niche and only certain households would use them. I prefer packs that have a boarder appeal.
    Nifty Knitting would be prefect for The Weasley family in Harry Potter!

My First Pet Stuff should be phased out and added to Cats & Dogs!

Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Of released content, I don't want packs that are more about building or decorating than other features. So I may never buy Tiny Living or Dream Home Decorator or any kits other than gameplay ones. I do want two packs that I don't have, snowy escape and Nifty Knitting.

Before they are done I want werewolves at a minimum, other occults are welcome too. I want more of the music and hobby options that were in past games that are still missing, like bands, dance, toymaking and pottery. Hotels and the ability to own entertainment venues as businesses would be nice also. And I hope a few more things get the refresh treatment, aliens could use some love as could Granite Falls and restaurants.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    I’ve got all the packs I want from those released. The ones I don’t have are packs that don’t match my gameplay, so I don’t plan to get them. If new packs come out that interest me and add interesting content to my game, I’ll pick those up. But there’s not anything that I need to make my game “complete.”
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    All but Dust, Men in Minis and Parenthood.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    I have all of the packs except for the kits. I don't care about really any of them as I don't see them worth the money. If there was a kit for say werewolves, fairies, or genies then I would get them.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm never against getting new packs as it means more content to use. I'm even considering getting Batuu one day, but for now I'm happy with my collection :) Aside of Batuu I'm only missing kits and they don't add that much.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    There is no force in existence that will get me to buy Journey To Baatu.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This is the first time in The Sims when I won't be buying all the packs... and I've been playing from the very beginning (Sims 1). I've always completed every collection... and yes, that includes Sims 3: Katy Perry Sweet Treats.

However, Sims 4 decided to do a DLC for DLC when releasing 'My First Pet'... which is something I will NEVER support! Also, the cringe worthy Star Wars pack was released at a time when content fans have actually asked for was constantly being largely ignored. Not to mention, the release of that pack alone perfectly demonstrated how the developers don't listen to their fans at all... considering a Star Wars pack was literally at the absolute BOTTOM of the list of things fans wanted (referring to the player survey they did prior).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I now own all of them--a few I thought I'd never use much, such as some of the CAS ones or Moroccan theme but surprisingly I've found fun ways to use them!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    There are a couple of kits I don't have that while I wouldn't mind getting them, I don't need them for my collection to feel complete. And there's at least one kit that I'll only get if I need it at some point in the future to activate a Bundle deal.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have all of them with the exception of JTB, and 5 of the kits. I simply have no desire at all to get them, just not my style.