The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Had an experience with a townie calling my sim over to them that crossed from annoying to enraging. Was about early evening when I had my sim get in her canoe to begin an experiment with camping on a secluded beach on the other side of the island, she had just arrived at that beach when the chat icon popped up in her queue and sure enough she turned the canoe around. I tried canceling the chat request but it was too late, tried resetting her through cheat but this only caused her to be instantly teleported back to her home. The guy that had summoned her wasn't even there, which is good as I probably would have killed him. It was early morning by the time I got her back to the secluded beach where she successfully set out a tent and other camping gear and camped till the next day.

At the top of my todo list, find a way to block/disable that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 call-over thing.
    The cake is a lie
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2021
    Not sure if it's something that others have noticed, but since lifestyles? I think came out, now when you shift click to modify a sim in CAS it takes you to limited edit mode (can only change clothes and hair, no sliders, skin, etc) unless you use the "fulleditmode on" cheat before :s It's so annoying as you used to just be able to shift click and then give sims a full makeover but now you have to remember to use the cheat code first
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Had an experience with a townie calling my sim over to them that crossed from annoying to enraging. Was about early evening when I had my sim get in her canoe to begin an experiment with camping on a secluded beach on the other side of the island, she had just arrived at that beach when the chat icon popped up in her queue and sure enough she turned the canoe around. I tried canceling the chat request but it was too late, tried resetting her through cheat but this only caused her to be instantly teleported back to her home. The guy that had summoned her wasn't even there, which is good as I probably would have killed him. It was early morning by the time I got her back to the secluded beach where she successfully set out a tent and other camping gear and camped till the next day.

At the top of my todo list, find a way to block/disable that 🎁🎁🎁🎁 call-over thing.

Reminds me of when my sim would get a phone call asking him out on a date. My sim would arrive only to find the sim not there. Really upsetting to have wasted all that time for nothing! :s
    My sims dating experiences have been different. The date does show up but despite my efforts to socialize and flirt our romantic relation is in the red when the timer expires and they're telling me not to call them again. I can count the number of times all my sims have dated on a single hand, but with the past experiences I tend to cancel the date requests.
    The cake is a lie
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    The assigned work outfits, they really don't bother me until they do. Your sim heads out to work and their whole vibe changes to a nonsensical townie outfit. It can be immersion breaking. The teacher and the influencer careers come to mind first.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    When you go to a vampire’s house during the day and they’re just standing outside burning in the sun and you have to try and get them to go inside so they don’t die
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    When a neighboor comes to my house they always, always empty my fridge. And they don't even eat the food, they just throw it into the sink.
    They come visit so often it's become useless to cook large meals in advance, it's often wasted. And they often pick up a trash bag and throw it on the ground, then leave, k thx bye now.

When I invite a townie to my house to hangout they say they'll be right over so here I am all ready for a fun night... but they never come.
    How rude. I always see them swimming just outside so it's either a pathing bug or I don't have enough friendship with them.
    Post edited by BlueOvale on
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Illnesses. So very irritating. This mechanic really disrupts gameflow.

You have to wait around for the illness to take effect, before you can do anything. Tea and naps are meant to be a preventative, but in all my experiments the illness always outruns both of these, so your sim will be doing nothing but drinking tea and naps for the sim to end up taking medicine anyway.

This is also a really tedious process - hunt down a computer, buy the medicine, open inventory, take the medicine and then you get the hated energised moodlet for hours which means the sim's only goal in life is to train to be a fitness instructor, regardless of traits, likes/dislikes, etc.

Whatever you wanted to do before the first symptoms showed is now completely wrecked because of course its contagious and so basically the whole household is pretty much trashed for a few days.

Cheating it away isn't so easy either. This mechanic goes deep. I wish this amount of effort and depth had gone into the myriad of other mechanics of the game
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited January 2022
    I've already mention it somewhere, maybe here too, then I'm very sorry for the repeat. The most annoying thing for me is when my sims go out, arrived at the location and want to order something at the bar or foodstore, then everytime, and I mean really every single time, the bartender and merchant left their position immediately and shut the door and left the location, even before my sim arrived the position. Then the task is cancelled and I have to repeat with clicking through the menues. Other guests leave too immediately, together in a group. That npc behaviour makes me crazy, it's like the other sims are mobbing my played sim.
    The lot trait Private Dwelling has very little effect in Sulani. They spared me the welcoming committee, but the locals seem to think it's OK to walk right into my house as if it's their own and it's common to find used plates laying around when my sim comes home. Only way to keep them out is to lock the doors, then I have to remember to unlock the doors when I want someone to visit.
    The cake is a lie
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    edited January 2022
    The lot trait Private Dwelling has very little effect in Sulani. They spared me the welcoming committee, but the locals seem to think it's OK to walk right into my house as if it's their own and it's common to find used plates laying around when my sim comes home. Only way to keep them out is to lock the doors, then I have to remember to unlock the doors when I want someone to visit.

Reminds me of when sims come into my house and just help themselves to my food in the fridge. And, of course, as you just said, leave the dirty dishes on the table, floor, etc. How rude! :s
    In the "difficult to fail" department,

My first sim in Sulani was all into the conservation thing, but for my second Sulani sim I decided to try going contrary to the game's designs and see how or if it would nudge me onto its correct path. He did nothing to clean up the island and left trash laying around whenever he felt like it.
    But apparently diving to plunder the local's treasure for his own gain counted because I often saw the leaf flashing over his chest after a dive, and after awhile the island was restored to its full glory. So disheartening for a sim trying to be bad.
    The cake is a lie
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    In the "difficult to fail" department,

My first sim in Sulani was all into the conservation thing, but for my second Sulani sim I decided to try going contrary to the game's designs and see how or if it would nudge me onto its correct path. He did nothing to clean up the island and left trash laying around whenever he felt like it.
    But apparently diving to plunder the local's treasure for his own gain counted because I often saw the leaf flashing over his chest after a dive, and after awhile the island was restored to its full glory. So disheartening for a sim trying to be bad.

The lack of "evil" and or "bad" options is kind of irritating. This version of the sims is the cleanest and squeakiest I've ever seen, heck I've seen NPC's react negatively to the "bubble Blower" when in the past they've always been kinda neutural towards it, depending on their experiences.

I'm not even going to touch on the lack of romantic interactions, because lets say there's a lot. D:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    > @Antiqua said:
    > When a friend calls in the morning and asks the sim if they want to hang out tonight, and when you say yes, then the hangout starts right away. No, 10 am is not "tonight"!.
    > If you ask "tonight", then we should be able to schedule a meeting for a later time in the day, that would be more like "tonight" and less so "leave your breakfast unfinished and go straight away".
    > Often I'd like to accept the offer but I'm in the middle of something important and just can't drop everything, so I have to decline.
    > And vice versa - when I want to meet up with a sim, I should have an option to schedule the hangout. But who am I kidding, even "plan a wedding" is "get married this minute" in Sims 4, so why am I thinking that all the other events would deserve any longer notice then 5 seconds.
    >
    > It would be nice to have a variation of invites. Some examples:* maybe there could be something resembling an emergency, where you can only choose yes or no "Your friend is in labor and is going to the hospital on their own. Would you like to join and support them?".
    > * party at the buffs and other similar events are not an emergency and it would be nice to have the extra option of "sure, let's meet up in an hour (or at 6 pm or whatever)", that let's you finish what your sim were doing (eating, sitting on the toilet etc) and whisk you away at the scheduled time.
    >
    >
    > Oh, and if that time management option were there, then the number of times you decline or accept the offers should impact your friendship levels.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! This is something that I haven't ever considered but it would be such a game-changer if it worked.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    The radio annoys me 24/7. I don't know why you want to have it on if you are going to just go do something else.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    The fact that I can't find a good 30x20 non-seafood, non-Chez Llama restaurant with the door on the wider side.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    In parenthood, those pop ups that happen like “___ was caught playing games on her phone during class!”
    How does getting on to them for it raises conflict resolution yet lowers responsibility? The affects of your choices are stupid.

One of my teens apparently didn’t look to good and was self conscious and he responded by not freaking out about it, yet apparently that lowered emotional control?
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    Too easy to make money. I wish that I could tune the economy in my game.

30,000 simoleons is considered wealthy, in the game, like what?

So you want to make the game harder to make money you say? I suggest that you download "Carl's Difficulty Mod". The mod cuts your hourly pay by 40%. Meaning that you will get 60 simoleons for every 100 that you make. And all other income is slashed in half. Meaning that the painting that would have sold for 1000 only sold for 500 with the mod. If you play according to your sims career such as: The Business man only goes to work, then comes home to write reports as his daily task. He does not paint, write, garden, program, or anything other than write reports. There are other careers like that, but you must stick to the rules of the career and not be tempted to make extra money when you really find out how hard it is to make the money that you say is to easy to make now. Hmmm!!!
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    Same Sims everywhere.

yeah this is annoying. Happens all the time for me also. Yesturday, barely played but was testing out some mods in game, saw the same 8 of my custom sims walking around the same areas I was visiting, even though there must be at least a hundred random unique sims they could have put in to randomize it better.

I kinda wonder if custom sims maybe have higher priority of showing up in an area over randomly generated ones?

I believe that MCCC has a setting that randomizes the sims that populate your environment.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,893 Member
    That song, when they serenade !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    When I'm trying to set a medieval scene and one of the extras pull out a cell phone.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    When I'm trying to set a medieval scene and one of the extras pull out a cell phone.
    I do wish that phones had to be purchased. I mean I know that pretty much the entire population owns a phone these days, but I'm sure there are exceptions and it's not like we are all born with a free phone.

I used to love it in TS2 when our simmies had to go and visit a community lot with one of those vending-style machines to buy a phone from it. We should still have the option of landlines too from build/buy mode for the eras where we just had landlines (a Victorian style one or two would be so cool too).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    I'm uncertain I can call it annoying, because mostly it makes me grin. But the Sim who ends up placing the trash on the floor is immediately grousing about the trash on the floor! It's like, Dude, you just put it there yourself, don't yell at your hubby/kid/neighbor/etc. . And please don't be kicking the dog. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims are mopping puddles outside again.