Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How broken is Realm of Magic still?

Considering getting it but was told that if you go to the realm all of your sims become spellcasters. Just want to know from the experienced if that's a widespread thing.

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Never happened to me. Haven't heard of this issue unless you mean game using unplayed sims as spellcaster NPCs. Which I think can happen.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Nope, most of my spellcasters, which is probably most of them, have no problem with "muggles." My witches do not do magic outside their home and regular sims cannot go to the realm unless they are casters. The only magic my sim sees in the outside world is when a caster takes off on their broom.

So no, RoM isn't broken. Happy Simming! :)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    The answers I was looking for, thanks you musteni and bshag4lv! Just finished a HP movie marathon too...
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I just finished a Lotr moviethon and now my new magic spell casters are elves :blush:
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    RoM will generate enough Spellcasters to populate the Magic Realm if you don’t have enough in game, but it doesn’t turn existing sims into Spellcasters. I think, when the pack launched, some premades were being made into Spellcasters, but that’s not happening now.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    I think that realm of magic needs a refresh. I feel like it's missing a lot of stuff to it. I feel like magic is just a hobby to them like flower arranging.
    Dine Out may need a refresh more than RoM, at least that pack still works. Dine Out is a hot mess right now. :/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It’s pretty good still, my only complaint is I hate how nerfed it is. I really wish spellcasters could converse about magic to humans and other occults. And non spellcaster could ask to be placed under a spell.

With get Famous I wish sims could become a well known Great/devious spellcaster.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    I've used RoM and I cannot recall a time when it was broken, so... it works fine for me personally. Moreover, I agree with bshag4lv on Dine Out - it really needs a refresh. If EA decides to fix it's bugs, I'll be the first one to buy it.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It’s pretty good still, my only complaint is I hate how nerfed it is. I really wish spellcasters could converse about magic to humans and other occults. And non spellcaster could ask to be placed under a spell.

With get Famous I wish sims could become a well known Great/devious spellcaster.

That kind of defeats the purpose of a “secret” world.

—T
    @MasonGamer, there is a spellcaster perk to converse with other spellcasters about their craft, is that what you are talking about?

If you will notice, no spellcaster does spells outside RoM or their house. I have had a caster do a spell and the normal sim had a cow...shocked, so my casters do no spells "in public" so to speak.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    @MasonGamer, there is a spellcaster perk to converse with other spellcasters about their craft, is that what you are talking about?

If you will notice, no spellcaster does spells outside RoM or their house. I have had a caster do a spell and the normal sim had a cow...shocked, so my casters do no spells "in public" so to speak.

So what you’re talking about is the perk that allows spell casters to talk to other spell casters about magic. But what I want is for spellcasters and humans and other occults, should be able to talk about magic.

Like all other sims can “debate the existence of Vampires” “confess fear of vampires.” “Imitate mermaid” “ask if mermaid” they can ask ghosts about the afterlife.

That’s all I want is to have my human sim ask my spell caster sim about magic “inquire about magic” “express fear of magic” “enthuse about magic”

That and to have more interaction for humans to ask spell casters to cast particular spells on themselves or others or make potions/hexes for them or others.

But the whole “spellcasters do not do magic spells outside RoM or their house.” I wish it was changeable over time. I wish the shock factor would die out, Like initial shock is fine when you first meet the sim, but if the a human and a Spell caster have been best friends since diapers why does the human still act shocked when The spell caster does magic. Like i should be able to build a society in my game where magic is a common thing and humans and spellcasters can live and thrive together.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

So what you’re talking about is the perk that allows spell casters to talk to other spell casters about magic. But what I want is for spellcasters and humans and other occults, should be able to talk about magic.

Like all other sims can “debate the existence of Vampires” “confess fear of vampires.” “Imitate mermaid” “ask if mermaid” they can ask ghosts about the afterlife.

That’s all I want is to have my human sim ask my spell caster sim about magic “inquire about magic” “express fear of magic” “enthuse about magic”

That and to have more interaction for humans to ask spell casters to cast particular spells on themselves or others or make potions/hexes for them or others.

But the whole “spellcasters do not do magic spells outside RoM or their house.” I wish it was changeable over time. I wish the shock factor would die out, Like initial shock is fine when you first meet the sim, but if the a human and a Spell caster have been best friends since diapers why does the human still act shocked when The spell caster does magic. Like i should be able to build a society in my game where magic is a common thing and humans and spellcasters can live and thrive together.

Yeah, I would love more open use of magic, too! 🤗👍

But, do the sims who are familiar really act shocked? I was told in my own thread asking about RoM experiences and RoM questions that sims don’t really react badly to seeing magic…?

At least we don’t have that scandal stuff from the Sims 3 paparazzi/celebrity system. I remembered hating that my sims would get “scandals” for daring to kiss or woo hoo any occults, for some weird reason. (Or something random like that. I was really annoyed. The werewolf was her husband!)

We could make magic clubs, so I would assume some Sims folks get used to it…? Do they react to clubs that way, too?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Man, I've owned this pack since it was released and still haven't pursued spellcasting in my game (The same is true of Vampires). I tend to not be into the more occulty stuff in my games and it's been that way since the original TS game...other than Fairies, I loved those.

I personally absolutely love how well they did them so far in TS4. For people like me that go very light on that aspect of the game, but do want it it included, it is much better than any of the previous games where the occults pretty much would overrun your worlds whether you played them or not.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    The only broken thing about this pack I've encountered is that sometimes my sim's rank doesn't advance when they have enough experience. But you can fix it with cheats, thankfully there's a solution for that.

But, do the sims who are familiar really act shocked? I was told in my own thread asking about RoM experiences and RoM questions that sims don’t really react badly to seeing magic…?

At least we don’t have that scandal stuff from the Sims 3 paparazzi/celebrity system. I remembered hating that my sims would get “scandals” for daring to kiss or woo hoo any occults, for some weird reason. (Or something random like that. I was really annoyed. The werewolf was her husband!)

We could make magic clubs, so I would assume some Sims folks get used to it…? Do they react to clubs that way, too?

My sims act “whoa magic!” Every time.
    True it’s great that sims don’t react badly, unless you use magic to assault others which is understandable.

I do wish spell casters could have a reputation and fame for being a great/terrible and powerful spellcaster/alchemist

The thing with making a magic club is “cast spells” is filed under “mischief and mayhem” so it makes spellcasters create mischief and mayhem. Like setting fire to your castle library. When in reality, all I wanted was sims to dual, study spell books, and use magic to complete tasks in their day to day tasks.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

My sims act “whoa magic!” Every time.
    True it’s great that sims don’t react badly, unless you use magic to assault others which is understandable.

I do wish spell casters could have a reputation and fame for being a great/terrible and powerful spellcaster/alchemist

The thing with making a magic club is “cast spells” is filed under “mischief and mayhem” so it makes spellcasters create mischief and mayhem. Like setting fire to your castle library. When in reality, all I wanted was sims to dual, study spell books, and use magic to complete tasks in their day to day tasks.

Lol! 😄 That’s good they don’t have a bad reaction to (non-aggressive) magic, but that’s funny that they would act surprised every time, like they have a short term memory, or just easily impressed, hehe!

Oh, gosh, that mischief thing is funny, too! Such naughty little wizards, lol!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    RoM will generate enough Spellcasters to populate the Magic Realm if you don’t have enough in game, but it doesn’t turn existing sims into Spellcasters. I think, when the pack launched, some premades were being made into Spellcasters, but that’s not happening now.
    MadIris wrote: »
    Considering getting it but was told that if you go to the realm all of your sims become spellcasters. Just want to know from the experienced if that's a widespread thing.

Most of the bugs that got reported were fixed about a month after RoM released. I've had it since it came out and there aren't any issues I've found anymore. Only thing I can't confirm if it's fixed or not 'cuz I've never tried it is the glitch where Potion of Emotional Stability aborts babies by getting rid of the pregnant moodlet. So just don't feed pregnant sims that potion to be safe. XD