Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Falconcrest

1235...Next

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Finally have the rural area laid out.....
    Rural1.png

Now comes the fun part of finishing up the small world, street, and lot details........still a long way to go. Once I finish the addresses I will be setting up a beta version for testing.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

edited January 2022
    Still working on some of the lot and world details (relearning tombs as there are going to be a hidden tomb for you to find and the catacombs) but I did update Post #2 with lot information and a link for the "Lite" version of this world.

If you would like the empty version of Falconcrest you can find it here in my studio
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    That's Cool @flstrider! I wasn't aware that you were going to include tombs for us to explore.
    @Damienf519 every supernatural area needs at least one tomb, don't you think?

Working on the Catacombs under the cathedral
    Screenshot(7).jpg

Screenshot-4(4).jpg

Screenshot-3(3).jpg

Screenshot-2(6).jpg

Now of course I will not reveal any other work as to not give away any secrets that may or may not be present in the Catacombs

More to come as the work continues......
    NewSig.jpg

@flstrider
    Tombs are actually pretty hard to make and do a good job with, and they require a lot of play testing, much more so than any other type of lot, which is why most of my worlds do not include any of them. The world I'm currently working on has multiple tombs, but it's an exception to the rule for me.
    edited February 2022
    @Damienf519 I actually find that tomb building is rather easy and have several tombs that not only work very well but look pretty good I think.

Screenshot-13-1.jpg

Berwyn Heights and Maxis Island has a total of 5 tombs in these worlds, plus a couple single lots in my studio contains tombs as well. Tombs are not hard once you learn the mechanics, it just takes a bit more patience and planning.
    Status update
    Completed the catacombs and am starting on the hidden tomb within the Supernatural section. The only thing I will say about it is that the location of it will require finding clues contained in the worlds story (no it is not the catacombs nor is it in the graveyard)
    NewSig.jpg

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited January 2022
    Still working on the tombs in the Supernatural section but I thought the world was at a good point to send it out for a Beta test. So please anyone that would like to test this world out and provide feedback is welcome to download (Download Removed)
    NewSig.jpg

@flstrider Cool! I’m looking forward to trying it, exactly what packs and store content does it use?
    edited January 2022
    @Damienf519 all of the world details can be found in the 2nd post of this thread, all xp's minus KPST and no store or cc
    NewSig.jpg

Thanks @flstrider. I had forgotten about that. Good to know
    Still driving on with this project, work is keeping me busy lately. Adding finishing touches on one hidden tomb and decided to place only one tomb in the world since it is taking so long. Still need to verify all venues are placed in this world and run a couple more play tests. Will keep everyone updated
    NewSig.jpg

• VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    Great to hear you still find time working on this despite a busy work schedule. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
    Just about ready to wrap this world up, just a few minor details and need to write the world's backstory (you will need to read this to find the clues for the hidden tomb). As soon as the story is finished I will be placing this world into my studio....... More to follow
    NewSig.jpg

Finally ready to place this world in my studio. A few things to note here:

You may find mistakes in this world and some buildings may not be completed on the inside (some of that was intentional). I have completed my goal of relearning the basics of CAW and want to dedicate my time now on building some of the worlds I have always wanted to complete, one of which is my World of Warcraft series. It was never my intention to complete this world in its entirety as I did want to leave a few things unfinished for others to work on.

All of that being said here is the link for FALCONCREST in my studio

Also here is a link for the short story..... Falconcrest: A Hometown Transfer
    NewSig.jpg

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I have been waiting for you to work on your World of Warcraft world - I loved what you had done with it before and look forward to seeing more from you!
    Great job on Falconcrest!
    @flstrider,

I love what you have done so far. I'm so glad that you finished it. I would like to make a few minor criticisms through. You really should have just called the world Falconcrest instead of FalconFinal because it sounds much better and everyone will just see that and think that is the intended name. Also many of the lots do not have names. I would have also liked there to be a lot more in the map description instead of it all being in a separate file. All and all it's a very beautiful Island world.
    @Damienf519 thanks for the criticisms, I totally forgot to change the file name before exporting it to my studio, I don't really name lots often as I want others to add their personal touches to their game, and lets face it many people will usually replace the towns lots with something they build. All buildings have addresses which will allow the transportation to work properly. But as I said all along this world was a re-introduction to CAW so I knew there would be things that I forgot.
    NewSig.jpg

• VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    Wonderful, thank you! Good luck with your new adventures, looking forward to see what's coming next!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top