Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They need to have more employees at the hospital to make it playable.

Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
The number of npc employees... especially ones actually doing anything is far too low.. to the point where its impossible to treat everyone and they get mad and leave causing a performance hit... im rushing diagnosis and just guessing because there simply isnt enough time to fully diagnose them before people get mad and leave.. there needs to be more active working employees.... or less patients... because as it stands right now its literally impossible to get to them all even with quick weak diagnosis's.

Even the detective and scientist have more employees.. and you dont even need to interact with any of the employees there at all as far as ive seen. (besides special objectives requireing you to talk to them for whatever reason.. but those arent all the time).. but for the doctor.. especially starting off you need other employees or the career is impossible (especially if the doctor leaves work)

What kinda hospital only has 3 employees anyways? 2 of which dont do anything because only the doctor is actually useful for anything and the other just makes the beds/makes repairs ect.

Comments

• asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I've experienced the same thing with the doctor career. its like you get no help at all, similar to the retail IMO.
  • MuraisMurais Posts: 2 New Member
    I am the only employee at my hospital. I am currently trying to figure out why I have no co-workers at all. :\
  • kec811kec811 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing the Doctor career and have had a similar experience. The guy behind the desk (who I assume is supposed to be checking patients in) just sits on the computer as the line of patients grows longer and longer. And it seems like NO ONE else in the hospital is taking care of patients AT ALL besides my sim. She's trying to do it all on her own. It makes for a very stressful work day for my sim and for me.

It's a bit disappointing because I really like the play style of the career - although the hospital needs to be smaller or more compact in general - too much time is wasted trekking between the X-Ray machine and the hospital bed.
  • AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    I agree with ALL of this. This needs to be something that is address, and soon.
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    kec811 wrote: »
    I've been playing the Doctor career and have had a similar experience. The guy behind the desk (who I assume is supposed to be checking patients in) just sits on the computer as the line of patients grows longer and longer. And it seems like NO ONE else in the hospital is taking care of patients AT ALL besides my sim. She's trying to do it all on her own. It makes for a very stressful work day for my sim and for me.

It's a bit disappointing because I really like the play style of the career - although the hospital needs to be smaller or more compact in general - too much time is wasted trekking between the X-Ray machine and the hospital bed.

I agree! I just posted this on the GTW feedback forum. This track definitely needs some tweaking. Hopefully they add something in the next patch because it's kinda messed up how unplayable the hospital track really is. How did they not see this? Do they honestly have testers they check this game out beforehand?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm just in to my first week with my doctor and I'm enjoying it! Before the first promotion it was rather tedious to mop puddles and chat with co-workers etc.

I like that it's a little stressful. I imagine it is irl too. Thank goodness my doctor is always in the lab for me to transfer cases to. Then she goes and diagnoses and I can give meds or shots afterward. It's too bad the analyzing samples takes so long before you can do the next thing. The other worker just kind of stand at one patients bed all day.

It would be great if the receptionist could lead the patients to the beds, but I guess they don't really know when a bed is available.
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited April 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm just in to my first week with my doctor and I'm enjoying it! Before the first promotion it was rather tedious to mop puddles and chat with co-workers etc.

I like that it's a little stressful. I imagine it is irl too. Thank goodness my doctor is always in the lab for me to transfer cases to. Then she goes and diagnoses and I can give meds or shots afterward. It's too bad the analyzing samples takes so long before you can do the next thing. The other worker just kind of stand at one patients bed all day.

It would be great if the receptionist could lead the patients to the beds, but I guess they don't really know when a bed is available.

Try getting to R.N level.. it goes from kinda busy to downright crazy/impossible.. especially since after R.N level you lose progress towards promotion if you fail to treat a patient or they leave because you didnt get to them in time (with like 20 sims waiting at the front desk its impossible to get to them all so you have no choice but to accept the performance hit)

As i said the doctor career desperately needs more employees that actually help out.. or less patients.. especially after R.N level when things just get completely crazy.

On top of that.. there might even be a bug with doctor career causing nonstop performance loss all the time (as some people seem to never be able to raise it no matter how hard they try)

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm only at level 2 so I'll pay attention. What level is RN level?
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited April 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm only at level 2 so I'll pay attention. What level is RN level?

i think... 6? im not sure but i think it was 6.. thats when the real problems with the career arise.

i was one of the people who could never get past R.N stage.. i eventually gave up and switched to scientist... no matter how hard i tried.. even with completing all daily objectives the performance bar never rose.. and i never got promoted.. even after like 2 sim weeks so i quit.

It was probably a bug as i said before.. other people have noticed this happening after R.N stage as well or at least i think i remember someone else here mentioning it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am at the level right above the doctor level...forgot what it is. I started rushing and I was getting performance hits for the wrong diagnosis. So I slowed down and if I treat two patients correctly, I believe you get a boost which evens out the patients you lose. I also think if they make it to the bed, they don't leave. I am not 100% about that though.

The slow part was waiting for surgery patients to come in and pass out.
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    All you have to do is focus on your goals in the upper left hand corner. Do that and you won't take a hit. I only admit & do other chores if I have the time.

On a side note I am at level 8 in the Doctor's career and I only have one goal that is to deliver a baby. No pregnant women have been coming in! 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I wish the patients would sit the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. down what is up with this? They have seats and they still stand.
  • Kerem93Kerem93 Posts: 149 Member
    Can you not move someone into the neighbourhood and cheat them to a doctor so you have more co-workers?
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

• Bx2MarzBx2Marz Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Billysim143 said:
    > All you have to do is focus on your goals in the upper left hand corner. Do that and you won't take a hit. I only admit & do other chores if I have the time.
    >
    > On a side note I am at level 8 in the Doctor's career and I only have one goal that is to deliver a baby. No pregnant women have been coming in! 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

yea, that's what I been doing is just following the performance tasks one by one and each day I been leaving work with a full performance bar of completed task. I also just admit and do other things in between if I have the time. but unfortunately I most like never do.
    -I have the same problem with lack of workers. im so happy I found this forum because I swear I thought it was my game that was messed up or something, I was going to start over. I have 1 doctors 1 nurse and 1 receptionist, oh and me. that's unacceptable for a DOCTOR career. huge hospital for just 4 people? not good. we need a patch ASAP
  • nntvannntvan Posts: 2 New Member
    I have recently reached the highest level of Doctor career.
    I tried 2 mods called "Always keep a doctor" & "More staffs at hospital" (you can find them on modthesims.com) but hopeless.
    They do provide more staffs, but they are all orderly and nurse, they can barely help me to diagnose and treat patients, even admit the patients to beds. All they do is chatting and I am the only doctor in the hospital.
    Remember that I am a doctor, not a superman :pensive:
  • QueenOfArkhamQueenOfArkham Posts: 44 Member
    drives me nuts that the other hospital employees dont do anything while patients pile in. would be more fun if there was actual help; at least in retail mode I can tell my employees what to do :/
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Frankly I ignore the patients coming in the door. If there are patients on the exam beds then I spend my time doing my tasks on them and I never even look at the ones milling about.
    I don't know, I guess it doesn't bother me if they get mad and leave - that just means it's one less person to treat. I don't know why the game has to generate more Sims being sick then you need to perform your duties but oh well.

I do think the doctor career needs to implement the scientists ability to direct employees. I mean, I have the worst orderly ever at my hospital. She's always just sitting at the computer (not even using it) and making it impossible for my Sim to write up reports. She doesn't even move when I tell my Sim to use the computer.... would be nice to be able to direct her to go clean or be useful.
  • diane887diane887 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been a fan of the sims since the beginning. I really love this game and have never commented on anything until now. I was disappointed with the removal of the open neighborhood but really excited when get to work came out. I was most excited by the doctor career. After a few days of playing the career, i just stopped because it is impossible. Please go back and fix the problems with get to work before moving on to the other content. Please make employees that actually do their jobs. A receptionist that checks in patients, a nurse that helps with examinations, doctors that help with diagnosis, and janitors that actually clean. I think these sims should be fixed positions in the hospital and not exchanged for random sims in the neighborhood. How can one sim be expected to do it all? Its almost as if no thought was put into how it would all actually function. I would be willing to pay for a get to work 2.0 just to have all these things fixed. Most days before I play the game I look for a mod in the hopes that someone has been able to address this. And since no one has, I just don't participate in this part of the game. I know I am not the only player saying it. Please hear us. With the removal of so many things we loved about the game like toddlers I don't see myself being a fan of this franchise for much longer. Thanks.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    diane887 wrote: »
    I have been a fan of the sims since the beginning. I really love this game and have never commented on anything until now. I was disappointed with the removal of the open neighborhood but really excited when get to work came out. I was most excited by the doctor career. After a few days of playing the career, i just stopped because it is impossible. Please go back and fix the problems with get to work before moving on to the other content. Please make employees that actually do their jobs. A receptionist that checks in patients, a nurse that helps with examinations, doctors that help with diagnosis, and janitors that actually clean. I think these sims should be fixed positions in the hospital and not exchanged for random sims in the neighborhood. How can one sim be expected to do it all? Its almost as if no thought was put into how it would all actually function. I would be willing to pay for a get to work 2.0 just to have all these things fixed. Most days before I play the game I look for a mod in the hopes that someone has been able to address this. And since no one has, I just don't participate in this part of the game. I know I am not the only player saying it. Please hear us. With the removal of so many things we loved about the game like toddlers I don't see myself being a fan of this franchise for much longer. Thanks.

You don't do all the jobs .. you just do your tasks and you will advance. Ignore the front desk. I rarely even get to know other employees unless I find them interesting.. and so far that's only happened once.
    I just made it to Dr and I'm excited to play it later tonight again.

egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think the Sim at the front desk should actually do his/her job. The Sims should sit down but I bet that action would actually break GTW for Sims to sit in the chairs at the hospital. I also believe the other Sim on duty should do their job. If I have to start out cleaning bed pans (why'd you forget them EA?) then the nurse on duty should be calling Sims back to the exam bed and doing their job like taking their temp. Oh, wait nurses don't actually do that they do just stand around and the orderly do everything or the nurse's assistant. Nurses are bogged down with paperwork in the real world and don't actually touch patients unless they are a practicing nurse (going for license of physician).

Anyway, I think since EA has created (or rather those companies they bought) more than one 'hospital' game actually several under EA's umbrella they could have taken some of those ideas (which it seem they did the illnesses) and made other Sims at least contribute to our Sim's duties.

At least go ahead and cure them silly Sim and get a new one at the door.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EverStar209EverStar209 Posts: 3 New Member
    I may have a soloution for the sortage of employees at the hostpital. You could maybe make a household with many sims and make the jobs a hostpital worker so now when you go to work, so will the other sims too making the problem mayybe go away. I have not tried thi method but as soon as I do, i will tell you the outcome. :)
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    5 year pass and they still didn't fix it. 💢
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I may have a soloution for the sortage of employees at the hostpital. You could maybe make a household with many sims and make the jobs a hostpital worker so now when you go to work, so will the other sims too making the problem mayybe go away. I have not tried thi method but as soon as I do, i will tell you the outcome. :)
    I believe the other doctors you make need to be in another household rather than the one you are playing for them to show up. My daughter had a household of doctors once and she said only the doctor you are actively playing in that household will show up at the doctor. I had two scientists in different households and the other scientist showed up showed up whenever I played the other one,
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks,

This thread is quite old so I'll be locking it here to avoid additional necro-posting. Please keep an eye on the post dates when replying to a thread, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top