Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Change Music on Community Speakers

Hey simmers,

Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a search and was surprised when I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. Okay so, how do you change the music in the night club? The night club in Sims 4 plays blues and I want to change it to electronic but I don't know how to change the music on the community wall speaker. There must be a way to do this.
I tried ctrl+shift+click like it was in the sims 3 but that didn't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Happy simming

Comments

• Options
    Goofball6868Goofball6868 Posts: 2 New Member
    I still cannot find an answer to this. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Sorry I have no idea but here's a bump for you. :)
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    edited October 2014
    The problem with the speaker at the club (and other locations) is that it is a Venue Wall Speaker (blues). It can only play the blues channel.

Solution:

From the world view, click on the nightclub and click the edit button.

Select the Venue wall speaker and sell/delete it.

Get a Residential Wall Speaker and place it in the night club.

Next time your Sim travels to the nightclub you will be able to change channels.

Unpleasant Side Effects: The residential wall speaker will break and need to be fixed. Will need to be upgraded.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    Theres a new debug cheat that allows you to change which radio channel plays on the mounted speakers.

Have to type "bb.showhiddenobjects" in the cheat console and search in the Electronics category.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    GibbanatorGibbanator Posts: 17 Member
    > @Trowicia said:
    > Theres a new debug cheat that allows you to change which radio channel plays on the mounted speakers.
    >
    > Have to type "bb.showhiddenobjects" in the cheat console and search in the Electronics category.

the bb.showhiddenobjects does not work when typed into the cheat chat after I did testingcheats true but I was hoping it did.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Ahh yes some wall speakers only play certain types of music. You should go in build/buy mode when at the lot and change the speaker to one with the music you want. I think there is an electronica wall speaker. It's a cool feature I like to make some bars/restaurants play only certain genres. I also like the jukebox radio it looks cute at bars/clubs but that has all the channels.
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, this thread is quite old so I'll be locking it here to avoid additional necro-posts.

Feel free to create a new thread if you're unable to find a more recent topic on something you're wanting to discuss, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top