Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim suddenly has over 9 million simoleons

My Sim had around 60,000 simoleons last time I paid attention. Her boyfriend moved in, bringing the usual $20,000 with him, but that's been her only income that I know of recently.
She doesn't have a job outside of taking care of her chickens and a small garden. She harvests all the produce and eggs and doesn't sell any. She hasn't played the lottery or gotten any of those money phone calls.

I was playing and glanced over at her household funds... then did a double take. Then looked through my notifications to see if I'd missed something. I have no clue where it came from, but my Sim suddenly has 9,958,752 simoleons. Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen?
Gallery ID: LadyGray01

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

:hushed: wow that's crazy, never happened to me before, maybe they won the lottery?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Max winnings from the lottery is only a million, I'm pretty sure and even with the bonus from the Advanced technology skill that maxes it out at 3 million, so I don't think that's it.
    Besides, she said she hasn't played the lottery.

This looks more like a cheat-gone-wrong, being how close that number is to the cap (assuming the cap is still 9,999,999...I haven't had a sim reach that in years). Maybe a mod gone wrong?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    :hushed: wow that's crazy, never happened to me before, maybe they won the lottery?

She hasn't played the lottery recently. I've never had a Sim win when they did play, but it isn't that much is it?
    I tried googling the issue, but didn't find anything quite like this. I don't have mods. I didn't cheat to give her money. She has accepted gifts from rabbits recently, but it was just a book and some orange wool, nothing worth millions of dollars.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Wow what if there is a new bug where a rabbit gives a Sim like orange wool and also millions of simoleons hahaha I'm gonna visit the rabbits in my game, I can't finish that millionaire scenario for the life of me, takes forever, I need this cash bunny bug
    Wow what if there is a new bug where a rabbit gives a Sim like orange wool and also millions of simoleons hahaha I'm gonna visit the rabbits in my game, I can't finish that millionaire scenario for the life of me, takes forever, I need this cash bunny bug

I have a matriarch Sim in another world who has 1.5 million in cash and another half million in lot value. But I've been playing her for over two years.
    I played that scenario myself a few weeks ago with another Sim and ended up cheating after I got about half way there the slow way. I got bored. Yeah, it's easy to make money in the game, but it gets boring if that's all you are doing.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Max winnings from the lottery is only a million, I'm pretty sure and even with the bonus from the Advanced technology skill that maxes it out at 3 million, so I don't think that's it.

This looks more like a cheat-gone-wrong, being how close that number is to the cap (assuming the cap is still 9,999,999...I haven't had a sim reach that in years). Maybe a mod gone wrong?

Yeah, the cap is 9,999,999 I have an old household who have reached that. One of the reasons why is because you can unlock a reward trait which is pretty broken where your sims will get random money from "investments". And those investments could be loads of money like 150k and that also happens even when you are not playing them. Maybe that's what happened?
    edited January 2022
    She doesn't have the trait that gives you investment returns (and neither does her boyfriend), I didn't use that money cheat or any money cheats, or any cheats at all. I only have two mods not in any way related to money (one to remove the censor mosaic and one to stop the sunrays on green lots). I don't have any CC.

My matriarch has the trait for investment returns and they can be ridiculously large, sometimes in the thousands. But I've never had one above 50,000 that I can remember.

This wasn't caused by any of the things I would initially think of if it were someone else asking, any of the things suggested. It's not even possible one of my kids did it. It is totally out of nowhere as far as I can tell. I noticed she had around 60 thousand and then when I looked again it was over 9 million.

Maybe it's what Elliandre suggested. Maybe my orange wool bunny gift was bugged and I got money?
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Maybe something tried to pull about 100,000 from her account (which you said had about 60,000) and since the account can't have a negative value it glitched by "wrapping around" the max possible value (9,999,999) and down to 9,958,752.

Just one of my more wild guesses.
    The cake is a lie
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Maybe something tried to pull about 100,000 from her account (which you said had about 60,000) and since the account can't have a negative value it glitched by "wrapping around" the max possible value (9,999,999) and down to 9,958,752.

Just one of my more wild guesses.

It's as good a guess as any. I don't know what it would have been (her bills are around 5,000 simoleons), but this game has weird glitches sometimes.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, the cap is 9,999,999 I have an old household who have reached that. One of the reasons why is because you can unlock a reward trait which is pretty broken where your sims will get random money from "investments". And those investments could be loads of money like 150k and that also happens even when you are not playing them. Maybe that's what happened?

The amount given from investments (the "Shrewd" trait) isn't random; it's a flat 5% of current household funds at the moment the weekly reward kicks in. Thing is, that can add up real fast if you've got a married couple and a house where they have every high-quality object they'll ever need and no longer need to spend money. Even more so if they have the Frugal trait and/or some "Bill Discount Item" stuff (eco-friendly walls and flooring, clean energy machines if the relevant NAP from Eco-Living is installed) keeping them from paying much in bills. I've never run up against the cap, but I've hit 5 million on one of my rotation's oldest households.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    logion wrote: »

The amount given from investments (the "Shrewd" trait) isn't random; it's a flat 5% of current household funds at the moment the weekly reward kicks in. Thing is, that can add up real fast if you've got a married couple and a house where they have every high-quality object they'll ever need and no longer need to spend money. Even more so if they have the Frugal trait and/or some "Bill Discount Item" stuff (eco-friendly walls and flooring, clean energy machines if the relevant NAP from Eco-Living is installed) keeping them from paying much in bills. I've never run up against the cap, but I've hit 5 million on one of my rotation's oldest households.

That explains why they ended up with so much money in my save. It was an old household which I think had about a million, so that means that they got 50k every week and then even more every week as I was playing other households.
  • SafeBlueSafeBlue Posts: 1 New Member
    This same thing happened to me.
    I'll tell it how it happened because the scenario was amusing.

My two City Living apartment sims where in debt of around 5,000. The debt arose because I was messing around with housing arrangements, meaning that money kept changing from lot to lot (I wasn't paying attention) and found my lot left in debt when I was done my editing.
    I decided to take my jobless sim out busking to scrape together a few somethings.
    Eventually a protest appeared holding up signs with piggy banks and simoleons with a cross going through it - an anti-money portest, which I found very amusing and ironic to be taking place while I busked.

One of my Sims back in the apartment started mixing a drink at the bar, (it notified me that his mixology leveled up) and suddenly I had 9,999,999 simoleons.

I was bemused. I looked around to see what could have given me money.

I figured maybe it was a glitch because I had used cas.fulleditmode to try to change someones family relationship earlier.

I then went up to the anti-money protest and watched. Then gave them 100 simoleons. As soon as I gave them money the protest ended haha.

And then even weirder, the top-hatted man who I'd given the money to changed outfit and was now a woman, and all the protesters went off to play basketball. Maybe it was aways a woman under the top had idk, my mind was pre-occupied.

I thought about what happened. I considered another weird possibility was that I had the "Penny fairies" (Or whatever it's called) lot trait on and that maybe it glitched and gave me much more than a penny.

But it wasn't untill I'd typed this comment that I realised upon recollection what must have happened. The sim left in the apartment had mixed a drink and I remember seeing -10 simoleons flutter at the bottom of the screen the second it switched to 9,999,999 simoleons.
    What must have happened, wether due to cas.fulleditmode being enabled, or because I had replaced sims with different versions of themselves, and changed around the lot finances so much, whatever it was, the game did not recognise that we were broke when the sim bought the mixology drink.

So the game just reset my funds to 9,999,999 so that the sytem made sense unto itself.

Or maybe it was God trying to teach those protesters how steadfast they were in their principles.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Hi @SafeBlue , welcome to the forum, and that was pretty amazing.
    gen3-banner.png
    @SafeBlue Interesting. I never did figure out quite what happened, but I did cheat to give my Sim less money.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2022
    No sim was added to this household ?

The Gallery saves the family funds, if you merge households their funds will merge too minus $20 000
    No sim was added to this household ?

The Gallery saves the family funds, if you merge households their funds will merge too minus $20 000

Nope.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2022
    There are some hidden events that rarely occur like Obtain money (legacy) if your sim gets married.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

This is what I was thinking. I started playing a scenario sim a couple of months ago and about her second day bought a lottery ticket. She won a million dollars. Only sim of mine who has ever won a lottery.
    There are some hidden events that rarely occur like Obtain money (legacy) if your sim gets married.

My Sim didn't get married. Is this something you've had happen in your game?
  • nubkaajnubkaaj Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, this just happened to me. I had a teen sim playthrough and decided to add a sim into the household. Once I moved my sim in my money became 9 million and I got the achievement that I made 1 mil. I have no idea how or why... so confusing.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2022
    nubkaaj wrote: »
    Hello, this just happened to me. I had a teen sim playthrough and decided to add a sim into the household. Once I moved my sim in my money became 9 million and I got the achievement that I made 1 mil. I have no idea how or why... so confusing.
    They probably won the lottery. Sometimes other sims win it too I think.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • xing_lanxing_lan Posts: 1 New Member
    hello
    The same happened to me in May. I played a story of a homeless sim living in a park (technically it was a iving lot but with no house). He was kinda glitchy himself, and the story as a whole was weird. He suddenly died from embarrassment while being in a bar and I surely saved the game before going into map mode. But then I saw him alive among all other families. However, his park house was empty and I couldn't move him back. I chose another empty lot, this time it went well. When I looked into his inventory I saw some rubbish and made him recycle it. And as he finished I suddenly saw these 9,999,999 simoleons instead of... 50 or something.

Like in all previous stories, my sim didn't buy a lottery ticket, nobody moved in, no return on investmend, etc. Just recycling. But unlike the topic starter I use mods and CC and I blamed them at first. Now I see this is some random and rare ingame glitch.

Now this ex-homeless guy is the reachest man in my sim world. I decided not to remove the money (I don't use money cheats, but this time it was the game itself that made my poor guy rich), so I just changed his story into one about incredible luck.