Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, it’s after Christmas, when do you think we may be getting some hints as to what’s coming up?

Just curious when you think we will be getting any hints as to what is coming up for sims 4 in 2022. If you have seen any please share them, I’m not on Twitter and I know sim guru’s like to post there.

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Probably not until next year. End of December is vacay time for many.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't imagine we'll hear anything for at least a few more weeks, end of January maybe. Are they on break until after New Years? I'm pretty sure I did read that there would be a Inside Maxis in January, so we'll probably hear something then about any updates to the basegame.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Probably not until after the New Year since they're still on vacation.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think we will get a trailer for a upcoming pack in January as it’s been since the summer when we last got a pack (not including kits) as for what type of pack I don’t know (again not a kit) but I do think an announcement will be made in January for a release either end of January or February.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    From what I remember not much usually comes out or gets announced early in the year, we usually don't get a roadmap or any details of future content until April either.

They have been doing things differently recently though so I'm hoping we'll find out something sooner than that. I feel like the community is desperate for a big pack now, really hoping we won't have to wait until June again for the next big pack...
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited December 2021
    I forget the typical timeframe between the announcements of packs and the actual release, but pretty much every year we've gotten something in either January Or February. In some cases, it's even been both, but we've always gotten something between the second week of January and the final week of February.

So I think chances are we'll probably get something in terms of a big pack (Stuff Pack or Gamepack) before the last week of February.

Here's a quick reference table for anyone interested.

January Releases
    2015 - GP (Outdoor Retreat)
    2016 - SP (Movie Hangout Stuff)
    2017 - GP (Vampires)
    2018 - SP (Laundry Day)
    2020 - SP (Tiny Living)
    2021 - SP (Paranormal)

February Releases
    2016 - SP (Romantic Garden Stuff)
    2018 - GP (Jungle Adventure)
    2019 - GP (Strangerville)

I would say the earliest we could hear anything would be January 4th and the latest would be February 17th.

I know it doesn't help much but hopefully it can put some possible disappointment at easy having a sort of "timeframe" of when to expect an announcement.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I forget the typical timeframe between the announcements of packs and the actual release, but pretty much every year we've gotten something in either January Or February. In some cases, it's even been both, but we've always gotten something between the second week of January and the final week of February.

So I think chances are we'll probably get something in terms of a big pack (Stuff Pack or Gamepack) before the last week of February.

Here's a quick reference table for anyone interested.

January Releases
    2015 - GP (Outdoor Retreat)
    2016 - SP (Movie Hangout Stuff)
    2017 - GP (Vampires)
    2018 - SP (Laundry Day)
    2020 - SP (Tiny Living)
    2021 - SP (Paranormal)

February Releases
    2016 - SP (Romantic Garden Stuff)
    2018 - GP (Jungle Adventure)
    2019 - GP (Strangerville)

I would say the earliest we could hear anything would be January 4th and the latest would be February 17th.

I know it doesn't help much but hopefully it can put some possible disappointment at easy having a sort of "timeframe" of when to expect an announcement.

We always got an EP in time for December holidays, except this year, so I wouldn't look at previous releases as reference. Hopefully, the December EP just got delayed a bit and will be released in January.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited December 2021
    i would guess there will be some type of news sometime after the sale ends as that often happens

like even just something small like "btw we are still alive after holidays"

but then again spring does tend to be rather quiet and eerie with little to no news so idk
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'm hoping we get a roadmap in early January--I don't mind waiting for content but I do appreciate knowing what to expect.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is terrible that the game has been dwindled down to kits. So much for kits not interfering with development.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2021
    keekee53 wrote: »
    It is terrible that the game has been dwindled down to kits. So much for kits not interfering with development.

Yeah, it's possible that Maxis having to work from home is the reason. However, without Maxis telling us we simply don't know.
    Post edited by logion on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get a roadmap in early January--I don't mind waiting for content but I do appreciate knowing what to expect.

Yes, I would like to know something too, it’s been so long.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Just curious when you think we will be getting any hints as to what is coming up for sims 4 in 2022. If you have seen any please share them, I’m not on Twitter and I know sim guru’s like to post there.

I'd say this week or next week an announcement and trailer of a stuffpack will be coming. Last year we got a Stuffpack in Late January. Also I'm expecting an Update this month. We didn't get a December Patch.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm hoping for an expansion trailer this month. I'm hoping the expansion that usually comes out in November was just delayed. I also think a stuff and game pack could happen before June as well.
    Post edited by auroraael14 on
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    Maybe a teaser this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

More likely a road map with the date of the next Maxis 411
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping for an expansion trailer this month. I'm hoping the expansion that usually comes out in November was just delayed. I also think a stuff and game pack could happen before Jun as well.

Now that could be possible. Maybe the EP was delayed.