Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skin Details, Skintone, Skinblends and Face Details

Hi!!
Happy New Year!
Could someone please tell me what's the difference between Skin Details, Skintone, Skinblends and Face Details?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Happy New Year! I don't customize these a lot or download cc but I think skin details would be like freckles, moles etc., skintone would be skin color, skinblend is like a mix of different skin colors and face details would be like scars across the face, etc.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Happy New Year! I don't customize these a lot or download cc but I think skin details would be like freckles, moles etc., skintone would be skin color, skinblend is like a mix of different skin colors and face details would be like scars across the face, etc.

Correct, but a skinblend I think is more of an edit of all the default ea details, that can be applied to all skin tones.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Nyane21 wrote: »
    Hi!!
    Happy New Year!
    Could someone please tell me what's the difference between Skin Details, Skintone, Skinblends and Face Details?
    Thanks in advance

From what I understand this is what they are/the difference between them:
    • Skin tones are just skin colors
    • Skin blends are usually skin overrides (changes the full "skin" of the sim) The blend is when someone combines two different skin overrides to make one they like more
    • Skin details and face details are the same thing - it's the category in create a sim which includes any details on the skin, can be anything from freckles to dark circles, to full skin overrides

For reference some screenshots:

This sim has freckles, dark circles, and eyelashes, which are all from skin/face details
    12-30-21-2-58-15-AM.png

This sim has a skin override, it makes her entire skin texture completely different from the default one
    11-07-21-1-20-01-AM.png

Hope that helps :)
  • Nyane21Nyane21 Posts: 152 Member
    Thank you so much @Elliandre, @BookBear and @Onverser. I understood now.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Hi!!
    Happy New Year!
    Thanks in advance

• Skin blends are usually skin overrides (changes the full "skin" of the sim) The blend is when someone combines two different skin overrides to make one they like more
    • Skin details and face details are the same thing - it's the category in create a sim which includes any details on the skin, can be anything from freckles to dark circles, to full skin overrides

This sim has freckles, dark circles, and eyelashes, which are all from skin/face details
    12-30-21-2-58-15-AM.png

This sim has a skin override, it makes her entire skin texture completely different from the default one
    11-07-21-1-20-01-AM.png

This skin override is gorgeous. Can you please tell me wcif it please?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hi!!
    Happy New Year!
    Thanks in advance

12-30-21-2-58-15-AM.png

11-07-21-1-20-01-AM.png

It's the vessel skin by archivefaction, I think she has version B on but I use all 3 and they're all good, here's the link :)
    https://archivefaction.tumblr.com/tagged/skin
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I honestly had no idea there was a skin blend, learned something new here
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It's the vessel skin by archivefaction, I think she has version B on but I use all 3 and they're all good, here's the link :)

They are all so gorgeous! You just sent me on a cc shopping spree! <3

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to discover skin details. I would see Sims with freckles or beauty marks and think they had been modded. I had young Sims with wrinkles that didn't seem to fit. Now, I have to remind myself not to give skin details to every Sim I create. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to discover skin details. I would see Sims with freckles or beauty marks and think they had been modded. I had young Sims with wrinkles that didn't seem to fit. Now, I have to remind myself not to give skin details to every Sim I create. :)

I can't create sims without skin details....but I was struggle to understand the skin blend.
    Hi!!
    Happy New Year!
    Thanks in advance

12-30-21-2-58-15-AM.png

11-07-21-1-20-01-AM.png

Thank you so much