Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would this Dell computer run Sims 3 with most EPs and store cc? (2020)

2...Next

Comments

• StrikeMastaIceStrikeMastaIce Posts: 1 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > I don't really think getting your card formally recognized is going to solve any of these problems, but I can take you through that process. Please put the original two sgr files back into place and I will open up a PM session so we can proceed from there. The simplified method I use is card specific and we don't want to confuse other players with what for them would be incorrect instructions.
    >
    > Usually the Game Options not sticking is a sign that the Options.ini file in your TS3 user game folder has gone bad and needs to be deleted. It would be better at this point to dump (delete) the entire user game folder and let the game spawn a new one on its next launch so that would include the Options file. But I would strongly suggest first uninstalling, cleaning the registry with Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine) or an equivalent tool, and reinstalling so that the game and its EPs are on the same drive as each other.
    >
    > We also have to talk about getting the fps capped for that graphics card before going very far, but let's get the installation squared away first.

I checked for an options.ini file in my sims3 folder and nothing could be found. I'm running Windows 11 on a new Lenovo Legion t5i tower. Obviously Sims3 cannot understand what a GEFORCE GTX 1660 Super NVIDIA graphics card is. I have the issue as the screenshot posted above, however I cannot see the lot signs I can only see the interface in the bottom left-hand corner. Create-A-Household works fine. Every time I attempt to apply Game Option changes and restart the game, Sims3 has forgotten all of my settings. Even if I don't restart, I'll save options then check and it will be as if any setting change I made was now unmade. I would really appreciate some help as I would hate to return the digital download through Origin. Running high end loft stuff, late night and supernatural expansions. XOXOX
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top