Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

64-bit Sims 3 for macOS Questions/Troubleshooting

13...Next

Comments

• CaradonCaradon Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry for the spelling mistakes some of the keys on my keyboard are deciding to mess up on me.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Caradon EA Play is Windows-only, meaning even the few games with Mac versions won't be available through your subscription. If you want to be able to play Sims 3, you'll need to buy a standalone copy, and probably remove the game from your library beforehand, or else contact EA customer support to get the EA Play version removed from your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  • AidenMoonBowAidenMoonBow Posts: 2 New Member
    Can Someone Explain as to why after all this time i still cannot install my cc from tsr into my game, it shows up in my downloads section, and when i click install the game does nothing -_- and as to trying to get help, thats been a dead end. My Mac specs are core i7-9750H. 16GB RAM. Graphics used for game Radeon Pro 555X 4GB
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Any news/update regarding a PC release?
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2021
    There has been no indication from anyone at EA who would know what they are talking about that a 64-bit Windows version is being worked on or even considered. All we have had are silly rumors and a really badly stated quote from a customer support agent, which I'm afraid turned out to be nonsense.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • historyfreak1historyfreak1 Posts: 16 Member
    does anyone know if the 64- bit is out for Windows 10 yet? If so how do you get it and what does it do?
    edited August 2021
    @historyfreak1 - There is no 64-bit version of TS3 for Windows and no evidence that one is even being worked on or ever will be. It's Mac only right now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarcemackersKarcemackers Posts: 1 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @historyfreak1 - There is no 64-bit version of TS3 for Windows and no evidence that one is even being worked on or ever will be. It's Mac only right now.

When will 64 bit windows version come out? i have full dlc.
    @Karcemackers - There is no 64-bit version of TS3 for Windows and no evidence that one is even being worked on or ever will be. It's Mac only right now. (in other words, no change from the above)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Heehee_BearHeehee_Bear Posts: 13 New Member
    M1 compatibility seems pretty lackluster right now. My game crashes sooo much :/
  • Heehee_BearHeehee_Bear Posts: 13 New Member
    Also, the only reason The Sims 3 has been updated to 64 bit is because Macs require it. Unless Windows starts requiring 64 bit programs, The Sims 3 will REMAIN 32 bit. Just to disperse any more unnecessary posts on this thread :smile:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2022
    Why isn't there any Sims 3 64 bit update for Win-mmmph...
    article-2245916-1670696C000005DC-810_1024x615_large.jpg

:p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited May 2023
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Hmmm. That would be nice.

* Edited to add: The main reason I posted here was that I am hopeful but not confident that this could happen, and it was the only way to get the Mac discussion to show as read (gray). It wasn't being marked as fully read even though I had read every discussion in that category (well, the first and last pages anyway :tongue: ).
  • ffmnnffmnn Posts: 1 New Member
    hi good afternoon im still having issues with the screen sizes in the game its only three screen sizes in the game help this is an issue with the sims 3
  • konri519konri519 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is there anyone else who has the issue of only 1 parcel loading up instead of 8 which would be in accordance with my settings?
  • konri519konri519 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @konri519 said:
    > Is there anyone else who has the issue of only 1 parcel loading up instead of 8 which would be in accordance with my settings?

Apologies. I have found the thread and answer here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-Bug-high-detail-lots/m-p/11547255
  • VicVicVicVic Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently re-downloaded the 64-bit version of The Sims 3, and the game works fine when I open it. However, after changing the graphics settings from low to high and restarting the game to update the graphics, I'm unable to reopen the game. Every time I try to reopen it, the game launcher simply opens an Origin page.