Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2022 (Out Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
I'm putting this thread up early cause I don't think we'll get a Patch in December. Maxis goes on thier long holiday break this week. I have asked SimGuruFrost to make sure though.

I think the first update of the year will be big. It may also be a Pre Gamepack or Pre Stuffpack Update. I think Maxis will announce a Pack in Early January. I'm not expecting Part 2 of Story Progression but that would be icing on the cake if it was. It may be something having to do with adding more colors. What would really be nice is for them to surprise us with cars in January ahead of a Stuff or Gamepack.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    2022, year of the tiger. Let's get a zoo pack, with dragons as a secret unlockable ala Zoo Tycoon. The patch could bring in more animals and give life to fish and frogs, or even place collectible dragon eggs throughout the worlds.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I just want them to fix the broken gallery problem already.
    I cannot remove the household that I posted for Spark'd challenge at all and it is so frustrating.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm hoping they fix the broken fireworks bug. When you use the fireworks sims T Pose. That's going to ruin New Years Eve pics for a lot of simmers.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    I’m hoping they fix the plants reverting to dirt piles bug, and the sims freezing to death in summer bug.
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    The color update we had recently was the “customize your space with color” update
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The color update we had recently was the “customize your space with color” update

no it wasn't a simguru said so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think any patch in January would be small. Unless it’s prepping an upcoming pack. I think we’ll get a Game pack as the first new addition 🤷🏼‍♂️. I love the zoo theme mentioned and it would be a new venue to visit.

I’m beginning to think kits have replaced Stuff Packs as it’s been so long since Paranormal Stuff 🤔.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I’m hoping they fix the plants reverting to dirt piles bug, and the sims freezing to death in summer bug.

I've seen the latter.
    I think any patch in January would be small. Unless it’s prepping an upcoming pack. I think we’ll get a Game pack as the first new addition 🤷🏼‍♂️. I love the zoo theme mentioned and it would be a new venue to visit.

I’m beginning to think kits have replaced Stuff Packs as it’s been so long since Paranormal Stuff 🤔.

I still think we ll get a stuffpack cause only 1 kit has had gameplay.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I just want them to stop making paid content base game content.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would love to see updated babies, I have been waiting for that so long. I also want to see plants reverting to dirt piles fixed, it drives me nuts.

A few other things I wouldn’t mind, body hair, eyelashes, and cars.

I hope kits haven’t replaced stuff packs, being a vanilla player I always loved stuff packs, at least 1 new playable item, new clothes, new hair, and new furniture, and they used to come out fairly often, it was always fun getting them for me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I hope kits haven’t replaced stuff packs, being a vanilla player I always loved stuff packs, at least 1 new playable item, new clothes, new hair, and new furniture, and they used to come out fairly often, it was always fun getting them for me.
    I am worried they have replaced all the packs. I remember Gurus saying they prefer making stuff packs because CAS assets are easier to do so I can only imagine how much easier kits are. So kits can sell with less effort for more money. Why I never was a fan of microtransactions.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2021

I still think we ll get a stuffpack cause only 1 kit has had gameplay.

I am hoping I’m wrong and that at the very least there’s one stuff pack for 2022! I’m just worried as it’s been so long.

I would love more stuff packs! 😎

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I am worried they have replaced all the packs. I remember Gurus saying they prefer making stuff packs because CAS assets are easier to do so I can only imagine how much easier kits are. So kits can sell with less effort for more money. Why I never was a fan of microtransactions.

If they want to do CAS assets kits they should start a messaging service with avatars. For a game, I expect gameplay.
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member

Yes it was. They were talking about the big updates that we’re gonna come. Customize space with color (swatches update) then 2 more updates, new ways to play (scenarios update) and add dimension to sims life (neighborhood stories update).

They also said that the season of selves last till the end of the year so next month is a new season.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited December 2021

Yes it was. They were talking about the big updates that we’re gonna come. Customize space with color (swatches update) then 2 more updates, new ways to play (scenarios update) and add dimension to sims life (neighborhood stories update).

They also said that the season of selves last till the end of the year so next month is a new season.

Unless I'm interpreting it wrong, according to the tweet by SimGuruFrost, the 1000 Swatch update was not the "Customize your Space with Color"

The Roadmap Basegame Updates Stated:

Enjoy Free Updates That:
    #1 - Add Dimensions To Your Sims Lives
    #2 – Let You Customize Your Space with Color
    #3 – Unlock New Ways to Play
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm afraid you're interpreting it wrong. When you read the tweet in its whole context, it becomes clear SimGuruFrost just meant that we would be getting 2 gameplay updates and the second (neighborhood stories) was still to expect back then.
    The Season of Selves has come to an end as it will only last through December and they're on their holidays now.
    January will bring a new Roadmap/Season of Sims.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm afraid you're interpreting it wrong. When you read the tweet in its whole context, it becomes clear SimGuruFrost just meant that we would be getting 2 gameplay updates and the second (neighborhood stories) was still to expect back then.
    The Season of Selves has come to an end as it will only last through December and they're on their holidays now.

I can't wait to see the next road map! There might be stuff I'm not interested in, but it will still be fun to guess and speculate :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    83bienchen wrote: »

I can't wait to see the next road map! There might be stuff I'm not interested in, but it will still be fun to guess and speculate :)

I agree,…..
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    I wish that we gonna have 2 patch on January. One big update with a lot bug fix and one small that focus on bug fix and 1 express delivery then another big patch on Feb then celebrate of 22 years old sims birthday. 21th one is great so I have high hope for 22th one. I wish we got pack refresh on March
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Does the future cube still give hints or was it just a one time thing last year? I just hope the romantic GP is released this month cause I have 2 sims I really want to marry but I’m holding off until that pack
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Does the future cube still give hints or was it just a one time thing last year? I just hope the romantic GP is released this month cause I have 2 sims I really want to marry but I’m holding off until that pack

I don't think it will release this month since there is gonna be an inside maxis this month. So I think we will get a patch this month and maybe it will come with new scenarios, some sdx items, and maybe some new feature or something. And if one of the new kits is related to Chinese new year then maybe it will come at the end of this month since, I believe, Chinese new year is on the 1st of February.

This will dissapoint ppl that were hoping the first pack of the new year wasn't a kit. This means that the game pack can release on the 10th of February assuming they want to release it before valentines day. With that assumption a new trailer should be released around the end of this month.

That's just my prediction. But I'm sure I'm right about the gp not coming this month since I don't think they do inside maxis and a pack livestream the same month.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

This means that the game pack can release on the 10th of February assuming they want to release it before valentines day.

Honestly besides the other points you listed I have a feeling it won’t be till February for valentines days too. Oh well, my sims can wait 😄