Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I contact EA because of a world code? They just scammed me.

Yeah so I bought the world bundle on Origin and surprise surprise one of the codes, the one for Monte Vista, sais it's already been redeemed somehow....I am so mad. The other two worked.....
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Yeah so I bought the world bundle on Origin and surprise surprise one of the codes, the one for Monte Vista, sais it's already been redeemed somehow....I am so mad. The other two worked.....

Scroll down to the bottom of the forum page and see their contact details under the Help heading.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2021
    Karritz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Scroll down to the bottom of the forum page and see their contact details under the Help heading.

The online chat is closed....I'm going to have to call them...that's so awful I've had a weird time with their costumer support a few years ago....I still remember the employees joking about Get Together in the background omg....xD

EDIT: Yeah no one answers. Amazing.

2nd EDIT: Ok nvm changing the language to US opened the online chat
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    @Sigzy05 How's your problem doing? Buying from origin.. for god sake.. This is unacceptable
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    edited December 2021
    @pandie00 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 How's your problem doing? Buying from origin.. for god sake.. This is unacceptable

Hi! Yeah that was extremely weird....for some reason the Monte Vista world code was somehow redeemed to my account through Origin automatically and I couldn't use it on my TS3 store account, it kept saying I already used it even though I was not able to access the world at all, only Hidden Springs worked.

But they kindly solved my problem...they were able to give me Monte Vista on the store. Thank god I screenshot everything...especially because even Origin now sais I don't own the world bundle at all and is prompting me to buy it again! WTH...

I swear Origin is such a mess.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Sigzy05 - At the time you are posting these things, it is 2am to 3am in the time zone in which EA Customer Service operates in the US. And it's a federal/state holiday -- New Years is a work holiday on Friday since New Years Day falls on a Saturday. And we just declared war on Canada again (not really, but I couldn't think of anything else that would make your timing even worse).

It would be great if you got a live response right away, but I would have to say the odds are against them being staffed even remotely at this time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited December 2021
    @igazor wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 - At the time you are posting these things, it is 2am to 3am in the time zone in which EA Customer Service operates in the US. And it's a federal/state holiday -- New Years is a work holiday on Friday since New Years Day falls on a Saturday. And we just declared war on Canada again (not really, but I couldn't think of anything else that would make your timing even worse).

It would be great if you got a live response right away, but I would have to say the odds are against them being staffed even remotely at this time.

Yeah I was a bit scared because of this....thankfully it seems they are working right now. Thank the plumbob.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited December 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 - And we just declared war on Canada again (not really, but I couldn't think of anything else that would make your timing even worse).

@igazor - Wait, wut? I didn't hear about that, eh? Guess I'd better notify the Department of Defense. DoD might want to hear about this. :evil smirk: Time to dig out the hockey sticks... boys, we gotta rumble coming up. :D:mrgreen: Hey, hoser, get me a bucket a pucks...an' a two-four. Figure I might need that during our defense of Canada, Let's give'r boys...

@Sigzy05 - Yeah...Origin is squirrely at the best of times and I've been cut off by their CS support line a couple times too, I think the best thing is to keep calling them. Sometimes you have to be a downright PITA (politely, of course - I think the word for it is persistent). :D Then they finally take your situation seriously.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 - And we just declared war on Canada again (not really, but I couldn't think of anything else that would make your timing even worse).

@igazor - Wait, wut? I didn't hear about that, eh? Guess I'd better notify the Department of Defense. DoD might want to hear about this. :evil smirk: Time to dig out the hockey sticks... boys, we gotta rumble coming up. :D:mrgreen: Hey, hoser, get me a bucket a pucks...an' a two-four. Figure I might need that during our defense of Canada, Let's give'r boys...

We're just after your superior hockey player genetics and the whereabouts of that secret government stash of maple syrup that you guys never admit to having (because duh, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore) to forestall the upcoming supply chain crisis. It's nothing personal. And we might just spare Quebec, especially since we can never understand anything they are saying once they start yelling at us. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2022
    Note to @igazor - Yeah, I'd avoid taking Jean Chretien... we can't understand him either.
    JNGF6N4OFZACLCGALVRZLGAOTI
    Come to think of it anyone got any decent mouth sliders? He'd make a good Mayor of Sunset Valley.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~