Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much are y'all willing to pay for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if it were available on Origin?

Comments

• WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    $19.99
    I've not played too much TS2, but I find it enjoyable. I prefer TS3 and TS4, though, so I'd not be too desperate to get it.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2021
    $19.99
    If it's not fixed, it should be $5 at most (I own the discs anyway, which is limiting considering that discs are being phased out from PCs and laptops), but if its compatibility issues are resolved I'd be willing to spend $40+
    I just chose the middle ground for voting purposes.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    $39.99
    I hate digital PC games, so I'll hold out until my discs no longer work in Windows (128-bit by then, I guess). But The Sims 2 is the GOAT, and it deserves to be on Origin.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    $39.99
    I mean id be salty if it cost a lot but at the same time id end up buying it anyway cause i mean... i just know i would.

i love it and i miss it so much and if it could run on new computers nice and i had all packs id just freaking play the heck out of it

I think for me it would start feeling awful if it goes over 50e tho cause it was free before + it'd be digital version so that also should lower the price in my opinion

and also because im not really rich enough to pay hundreds for anything on a whim...:sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nothing. I'm sorry for those who don't have it. I don't need it remastered, rereleased, improved and or anything else. When you love something, you never let it go. :D You keep a machine that can play those discs and you grab the offer when offered for free/complete when you get the email (back in 2014) just in case the cds/dvds break. You never leave the love of your life for the new shiny. Yes, you may go out with the new shiny but you kept the flame alive by never letting go of what you already had. Ever. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited November 2021
    $60 for The Sims Legendary Edition :
    • The Sims Complete Collection remastered
    • The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition remastered
    • The Sims 2 Store exclusive content
    • The Sims 3 + all packs remastered + 64-bit improved memory management
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    not on the poll i would say 0$ since as a player of the sims i consider the sims2 outdated
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2021
    $19.99
    If no remastering or fixes have been made $20 is fine. I've gotten a few old games on GOG that required some "under the hood" work to get them working on a modern PC as they were not remastered. Ironically, these are almost all the really cheap ones, or the ones constantly on sale.

I'd be willing to pay $30-40 if they do some work to make it less likely to be corrupted, and more optimized for modern systems.

Because let's face it, if you don't already have the full game, you'll be chasing down disks on the secondary market, and that is both time-consuming, and annoying; especially given I try to find new, not used disks when buying older games I don't have, or want to play, that aren't on digital platforms yet. I have "Double Deluxe" which has a couple of packs, but nothing close to all of them.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited November 2021
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2021
    With regards to the Super Collection, Maxis had licenced Aspyr to port the Sims games to Mac. However before the last 2 packs were released EA told Maxis to withdraw that licence for future products as they had seem what a money machine The Sims had become and had no interest in sharing that money. Luckily Aspyr managed to retain the licence for the products already released. As EA have shown they have no interest in supporting TS2 so if Aspyr hadn't managed to keep that licence and updated Sims 2 it would be unplayable on 64 bit only Macs as Aspyr have done all the work to keep it playable.

With regards to the UC on PC as they have no interest in supporting it, EA should just put it up on GoG for 9.99 and let them do the work.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    not on the poll i would say 0$ since as a player of the sims i consider the sims2 outdated

Didn't they give away the ultimate collection for free at one point if people were asking for it? It's borderline abandonware and should be free lol. Unless they remaster the entire game I wouldn't pay a dime, but I'm assuming this wasn't about a remastered version.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2021
    It was my favorite of the Sims franchise; however, I wouldn't be willing to pay for a game that most simmers at the time that it was canceled, were given for free. It would seem very unfair to me personally.

**That said, I have it. I had the game and all the packs for it when it was discontinued.**
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    Higher than $40 it's my favorite game and I can't even play it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    $19.99
    I got it for free because I already owned it on CD/DVD. But if I didn't, I would probably pay $19.99 for it. I used to LOVE it back in the day, but now that TS3 exists, I haven't played it all that much. I like having my sims visit as many lots as possible, so seeing those loading screens so often gets irritating pretty fast! I still wish EA/Maxis would come out with a The Sims game that combined the best of both TS2 and TS3 with some of the good features from TS4, but it doesn't sound like that will happen.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    I got Sims 2 when EA was giving it away for free. I started playing Sims with Sims 3, and was still playing it at the time. I know this is heresy around these parts, but I don’t like Sims 2 and never play it. I find that it’s too limited and too restrictive for my style of gameplay. So, to answer the question, $0.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    I would want it on Steam but I'd gladly part with $50 for a Sims2 Ultimate Collection I could run smoothly with no issues. No question about it. I can't run it since my stinkin Windows update and I'm jonesing.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    With regards to the Super Collection, Maxis had licenced Aspyr to port the Sims games to Mac. However before the last 2 packs were released EA told Maxis to withdraw that licence for future products as they had seem what a money machine The Sims had become and had no interest in sharing that money. Luckily Aspyr managed to retain the licence for the products already released. As EA have shown they have no interest in supporting TS2 so if Aspyr hadn't managed to keep that licence and updated Sims 2 it would be unplayable on 64 bit only Macs as Aspyr have done all the work to keep it playable.

With regards to the UC on PC as they have no interest in supporting it, EA should just put it up on GoG for 9.99 and let them do the work.

are you saying if I got a Mac I could still get a good Sims2 to play on it?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    $19.99
    I already have Sims 2 on CD and on Origin now. I am not sure how much I would pay for it now, since I am now too used to vanilla Sims 4 and a modded Sims 3 to go back to some of the difficult stuff and lose the parenting and newer toddler content.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    I still have my original discs, plus the Ultimate on Origin. I'd pay for it all again if it would work seamlessly on my newer system with no crashing or issues. One day I'll get it to run smoothly. One day! *Shakes fist*
    #Team Occult
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    It makes me so sad that I didn't know about origin when it was on there and then when I lost my Sims 2 CD and couldn't play it anymore it was too late to get it on origin. :cry:
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    Surprised by the poll results. I figured that only a couple of us would click on $40 or more. TS2 is clearly still popular among many of us long time Sims folks.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    Considering it is my favorite out of the series, if I didn't already own it, which I do, I would be willing to pay a whole lot to get it again.

Me, too. The difference is that I no longer own it. Some of the most important disks disappeared somehow in a move, so I just dumped the rest of them. I figured that, surely, EA would end up selling them again. Wrong about that one.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    $39.99
    Tbh what would be coolest thing ever is if they made sims console that plays the game perfectly and you could just attach to screen of choice no issues with matching hardware/software ever no hogging space on computers

unfortunately I don't think they would ever do that :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Didn't they give away the ultimate collection for free at one point if people were asking for it? It's borderline abandonware and should be free lol. Unless they remaster the entire game I wouldn't pay a dime, but I'm assuming this wasn't about a remastered version.

Yep, they did give it away from free, back when they were removing it entirely from Origin it was first available for free to anyone who wanted it. And before that it was available for free on Origin to anyone who had any of the original game discs for it, for several years.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    No more than $9.99
    I recently watched a video showing some of the texture and world overhaul mods you can get for it and was really impressed. I wouldn't spend much still though, cause while I did think it looked good, and I would play it, it would mostly be for nostalgia. The play and lore is rich, but it took me 5 years to go anywhere near Sims 4 because of not being open world. 2 is even worse in this regard. I really really hate the closed worlds. I intended to skip 4 entirely, hoping 5 would be open again, but they won't just let 4 DIE already... so I gave in..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |